Which Island

crazyfalang

They were all nice pre tsunami....then bangkok desended on them and made a lot of places look like 'bangkok sur mare'.

Even koh chang.

Of course when visiting a tropical island i really must stay in a concrete condo and get a designer knock off handbag and a suit as i doubt you can find those things on the mainland

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Koh Chang, Koh Samet, Both are very nice and look at Agoda.com for booking deals. Just stayed on Koh Samet for $ 42 US after taxes and was very nice. Vongdeuan Resort , peaceful and relaxing.

+1 for Samet.

I've been to both these island both very nice but I do find as soon as I get into Rayon in the car the Thai rip offs start, getting across to Samet can be very stress full and expensive with all the lies and cons, I've given up going there now, cant be doing with the stress !!!!

Not been to a Thai island for years. Last was Samui.

Nicest islands I have visited are Chang, Samet, Lanta, Samui about 20 years ago, Bulon (near Satun). Visited a cracking uninhabited island near Phi Phi called Bamboo island, saw a shark when snorkelling there. But was also 20 years ago

Edited by soihok

I have read all the comments on here...NOT one for Samui....with VERY GOOD REASON...I have been a Samui man for 30yrs now[live in Lamai]...the scams are getting worse by the day taxis/beach vendors.shops/bars etc..do your self a favour give it a widw berth.

I would not have been saying this 5/7yrs ago..its a shame & breaks my heart to say it now,but its true.

The reason for this...95% is all the scum from ISSAN have descended on Samui...they think it's TREASURE ISLAND...bar girls/shop workers in particular...I could go on & on...any one who wants to know more...PM me

"I would not have been saying this 5/7yrs ago..its a shame & breaks my heart to say it now,but its true."

I gave up on Samui over 20yrs ago when it was already heading downhill, I think the airport put the final nail in it's coffin for me.