First trip to phuket any advice? (Actual advice!)

nailclippers

Hi!

I guess I can start with saying I've read this forum for a while since it has some funny and good adivce for us newbs here.

Was too intimated by all expats at first to create a user here. JKlaugh.png

I can start off by saying that I'm 25 years old and it will by my first time in Asia. The problem is most of my friends is going to pattaya, I kinda felt in love with phuket and that it was just a small boat trip away to see the different islands. Im not gonna deny that i will spend pretty much most of the day drinking (in moderate doses lol) and just see different shit.

Im only curious at to how long will my money realistically last for 1 month drinking and bar jumping? - Im not superman or anything so i will also take some days off every little while - according to my doctor my liver and kidneys are top! clap2.gif

The only thing I've planned so far is air tickets and hotel for 31 days so hotel and flight is around 110000 bht total and i have spending money for around 100k baht for 1 month, brining some credit cards just as back up incase i run low on my spendings. But since I'm going back to school this semester it will be my last time having some actual money to spend on fun n hoes and exciting places for a few years. Since I've been working my ass off for quite some time in order to get this trip as fun as I possible could

Im heading in april/mai, is it a good time of year to go? I might also want to extend my visit while there, but only have 30 day visium do I just leave to laos and comeback or can I go to the embassy? Are they likely to fix?

I guess i want to stay as long as the money hold but I dont wont to hold back on shit to safe money for example renting a bungalow or drinking after a budget - Im going all in on that holiday feeling - where everything is on the table except katoeys.

Anyway my questions is as stated above - What would your spending money be for a night with much drinking, girls, fun and food and so on.

One guy told me 10k baht is normal for a day out. Isn't that a little to much?

There might be some typos and grammar mistakes here and there. I apologize for being a little intoxicated!

Any places / bars / go go u would recommend? I'm going in with a open mind and everything, I spam sawadee in angry tone to everyone!

Seems a bit of a troll post, but oh well, you got me.

Girls at Tiger disco are going to love you, you hansum man you ! For what you are after, 10,000 might not be too off the mark if you are counting room cost,food,drinks,Suzi Wong entertainment, Tiger disco girl.

April/May super hot, but good time of year, you'll have fun with Songkran. But sure, you sound like a Patong party goer, stay there, have fun, and yes, watch out for big feet, big hands, adams apple types.

• Like 1

Sincere and actual advice. I'd either plan on walking or renting a bike for a month.

Taxis, and tuk tuks are to be used only at ones risk.

Phuket's fine but it does have a super strong transportation mafia that doesn't seem to go away no matter how much governmental hot air is blown at it.

Enjoy your party time!

Oh so many replies already!

I do have travel insurance, a expensive one too. So it better deliver!

The hotel is like 5min walk from jungceylon so i'm gueesing tuk tuk/ taxi wouldn't be needed after a night out? or am i mistaken?

Really 10000 a night? Well if the hotel is already paid for and has no entery fee i guess the costs will be barfine + drinks + lt + food and other stuff. But will it really be 10k a night? that means that after 10 days out im already used my original budget and have to sneak out the dirty credit crads to keep going forward.

So, much money = GO Go 5k baht +++ for a night

What about these beer bars? What numbers are we looking at here?

But of course im a reasonable person so i wont go out every day either, so ill save some money there. But if a normal night with hard drinking + fun + girls + whatever turns up = 10k then that might be a small bump on the road.

Thanks for all the advice lads.

Edited by nailclippers

Don't bother. The place has been ruined in the last 10 or so years. Just another mafia infested island. I think you would have a much better time visiting the north of Thailand.

Lived there for 6 years in the 90"s, and it has been all downhill since then. Been back twice in the last 8 years and couldn't wait to get out.

• Like 1

You will be more than ok with your funds. And trust be you will learn to do everything gradually in few days time. So my advice is don't rush into anything too fast.

Awesome! I will most likely start off slow anyways considering it's a 24hour flight and im going ham with valium during the flight and probably will need to rest first night anyway. Gonna start with some bars that aren't too loud and hopefully find a quiet place to have some beers. Then check out the places for the first few nights before i pick up the lady of death.

To the ones who said there were much better places in thailand? Which city/islands are you talking about?

Edited by nailclippers

5,000 Bht is more than enough.

Keep away from the beautiful girls on Bangla Rd, my mate got a dose of the clap from one young spunk,

Have many bars around O Top which is across from Hard Rock and drinks and girls are cheaper.

One can get a massage girl to stay with you for the night for 2000 Bht so go out drinking and pick her up about midnight when she knocks off.

Be sure to go over to Phi Phi island for a couple of days.

See previous topic on best islands, Phuket has over 20 beaches, many small and hidden away go explore.

Please please DO NOT rent a Jet Ski. They are dangerous and the scams are everywhere. Taxis and Tuk Tuks are a massive rip off. If you hire a motorbike, make sure you have a valid motorcycle license from your home counrty before riding here, or your international travel insurance will not cover you in the event of an accident. Thailand is the second most dangerous country in the world for road travel, by any means. Have fun and also keep well away from any drugs, yes any drugs. That about covers the most common danger areas. Have a wonderful time here.

Thank guys!

I'm pretty sure im not gonna rent any Jet Skies this time smile.png I do have a valid license for car and 125cc and forklifts(!) but who cares about forklifts these days sad.png But i would feel much safer driving around in phuket in a large forklift!

But if my doctor from my country subscribes some Valium (Diazepam). Would it be a problem if i bought them at a random pharmacy there? Or do I need to convince/bribe some doctor? If my room got raided and they found 10 tabs of diazepam would they treat it the same way as Yaba?

Im guessing it's safe to walk home from bangla at closing hours to hotel which is like 5mins away from jungceylon? A tuk tuk would be a ripoff for that short distance or?

Cheap thai whiskey? Is it horrible? Im guessing they at least have some JD somewhere tho?

Edited by nailclippers
  • Like 1

I think you are pulling our legs!

Butif you are a true human being, don't ever rent a jet ski. Fix a price for taxi or tuc tuc before getting in the car. Careful of the girls, they are cleverer than you are. ( boys too!) don't ever get into a fight or argument with Thai men ( or ladies) unless you want to spend your stay in hospital.Just a question, why go all the way to Phuket to drink yourself stupid, you can do that at home? Drink less and enjoy Thailand more. Good insurance needed, and don't forget,insurance is no good to you if you get aids! Happy holidays.

• Like 1

Thank guys!

I'm pretty sure im not gonna rent any Jet Skies this time smile.png I do have a valid license for car and 125cc and forklifts(!) but who cares about forklifts these days sad.png But i would feel much safer driving around in phuket in a large forklift!

But if my doctor from my country subscribes some Valium (Diazepam). Would it be a problem if i bought them at a random pharmacy there? Or do I need to convince/bribe some doctor? If my room got raided and they found 10 tabs of diazepam would they treat it the same way as Yaba?

Im guessing it's safe to walk home from bangla at closing hours to hotel which is like 5mins away from jungceylon? A tuk tuk would be a ripoff for that short distance or?

Cheap thai whiskey? Is it horrible? Im guessing they at least have some JD somewhere tho?

What I do is I buy the tabs for one month in my home country and bring the tabs and the prescription with you. Make sure your name is on the tablet container and the prescription. Some folks will say buy here, but I personally do not trust that I will get pure tabs, not some other chemicals mixed in for good measure. Go for genuine tabs from your home country.

You can walk but SA please, Situational Awareness at all times, who is near you, who is in the vicinity and who is following you?

JD is available and 100 pipers too. JW is also a big favorite here. Cheers.

• Like 1

HAHA! Gee thanks!

Yes I could do it all at home. But I've been here for quite some time now and it's not exciting anymore.

In the recent years I've even got tired of nightlifte and drinking here. Think I only drank twice from 2014-2015, but the whole year i worked alot, picked up on training if I didnt have overtime/weekned work and so on.

So now I just want to see something else, get some new exeperiences and hopefully have some fun. Of course i also want to explore the island and the other islands outside aswell as seeing some exotic shit i can't see at home. But im not gonna go tarantulla hunting every night sad.png

Edited by nailclippers

Seems a bit of a troll post, but oh well, you got me.

Girls at Tiger disco are going to love you, you hansum man you ! For what you are after, 10,000 might not be too off the mark if you are counting room cost,food,drinks,Suzi Wong entertainment, Tiger disco girl.

April/May super hot, but good time of year, you'll have fun with Songkran. But sure, you sound like a Patong party goer, stay there, have fun, and yes, watch out for big feet, big hands, adams apple types.

And make sure if you rent a jet ski that it is not already damaged / scuffed or scratched as the operators will held you responsible. So first check it and show them any defects before you go out playing.

You will be more than ok with your funds. And trust be you will learn to do everything gradually in few days time. So my advice is don't rush into anything too fast.

Awesome! I will most likely start off slow anyways considering it's a 24hour flight and im going ham with valium during the flight and probably will need to rest first night anyway. Gonna start with some bars that aren't too loud and hopefully find a quiet place to have some beers. Then check out the places for the first few nights before i pick up the lady of death.

To the ones who said there were much better places in thailand? Which city/islands are you talking about?

Many on the forum are Phuket haters. Explore all the beaches on the island. You're not going to find anywhere near the nightlife in the other locals that you find in Patong.

Plenty of freelancers at the discos that will save you bar fines. Never carry a lot of money or leave your iPad out in the room. Thefts do happen.

I drink Sangsom and coke. 1/2 the price of JD. I'd try and get into a routine of exercise during the day, a nap and then hitting the bars at night.

I'd say stick with Patong. One month should be about right. I wish I was 25 again.

Oh yea, don't fall in love.

Cool man!

Hehe yeah, im aware of the thefts etc. ive been to some bad streets in portugal before so i have some previous experience only it was romani people and not thai.

I was thinking more of trying that butterfly experience people on this site recommend so much :o

HAHA! Gee thanks!

Yes I could do it all at home. But I've been here for quite some time now and it's not exciting anymore.

In the recent years I've even got tired of nightlifte and drinking here. Think I only drank twice from 2014-2015, but the whole year i worked alot, picked up on training if I didnt have overtime/weekned work and so on.

So now I just want to see something else, get some new exeperiences and hopefully have some fun. Of course i also want to explore the island and the other islands outside aswell as seeing some exotic shit i can't see at home. But im not gonna go tarantulla hunting every night sad.png

Hopefully you will see the inside of the IDC in the not too distant future.

Troll.

HAHA! Gee thanks!

Hopefully you will see the inside of the IDC in the not too distant future.

Troll.

And how is everything else going in your life?

Gnome

Nailclipper,

Your budget gives you an average of some 3,000 baht a day in pocket money (hotel and airfare paid for).

Count 500 baht or up for your daily meals etc. – depending what you look for. Thai food can be cheap, Western dishes expensive, and some restaurants are up-end and up-priced.

Nightlife seems to be the major holiday activity for you. Visiting a beer bar and chatting with ladies there, means you are going to a gentleman and offer the lady/ladies a drink – a so-called “lady drink” will often be in the level of 150 baht (the ladies don’t drink cheap stuff, they get commission from what the drink with a customer in the bar). A bar bill can easily end up in 1,000 baht or (much) more. Often the bills are placed in a bin in front of you and summed when you ask »Check bin, khrab«. A personal advise: check and pay bills as drinks are served, then you don’t end up with a “surprise”.

Having little more fun with a nice lady than chatting in a bar – and I’m not sure the Forum rules allows me to talk too much about it, but give it a try – you can easily spend 5,000 baht for a night out; and even more is not unrealistic. Expect in average to gift a girl 2,000 baht for her extra time with you (some more, a few less), and often expect some on top, as she may often get hungry – Thais are always hungry – and need a meal from a street kitchen and/or breakfast, which will be a full meal after Thai standard. If you meet the girl in a beer bar or go-go, you will be asked to compensate for taking an employee away from work – so-called “bar fine” – that can vary from some hundred bath and up to nearly a thousand.

Often discos, like Tiger, can be more fun than bars for young folks, and the girls you meet there are so-called “free lancers” and not employed – please bear in mind that some of the girls are just in a disco for having a fun night by themselves – presume many a girl will love to dance with a handsome young fellow like you; and remember to be a gentleman and offer a drink, if it’s a sweet girl you want to continue to dance together with.

The 10,000 baht you have heard about, is absolutely possible to spend when having a fun night out – especially if all drink bills ends up in the bin – so if that’s the activities your are looking for, you either have to revaluate your budget, or eat cheap food and watch TV in your hotel room for the last two weeks or so.

Wish you an amazing trip... wink.png

• Like 1

Nailclipper,
Your budget gives you an average of some 3,000 baht a day in pocket money (hotel and airfare paid for).
Count 500 baht or up for your daily meals etc. – depending what you look for. Thai food can be cheap, Western dishes expensive, and some restaurants are up-end and up-priced.
Nightlife seems to be the major holiday activity for you. Visiting a beer bar and chatting with ladies there, means you are going to a gentleman and offer the lady/ladies a drink – a so-called “lady drink” will often be in the level of 150 baht (the ladies don’t drink cheap stuff, they get commission from what the drink with a customer in the bar). A bar bill can easily end up in 1,000 baht or (much) more. Often the bills are placed in a bin in front of you and summed when you ask »Check bin, khrab«. A personal advise: check and pay bills as drinks are served, then you don’t end up with a “surprise”.
Having little more fun with a nice lady than chatting in a bar – and I’m not sure the Forum rules allows me to talk too much about it, but give it a try – you can easily spend 5,000 baht for a night out; and even more is not unrealistic. Expect in average to gift a girl 2,000 baht for her extra time with you (some more, a few less), and often expect some on top, as she may often get hungry – Thais are always hungry – and need a meal from a street kitchen and/or breakfast, which will be a full meal after Thai standard. If you meet the girl in a beer bar or go-go, you will be asked to compensate for taking an employee away from work – so-called “bar fine” – that can vary from some hundred bath and up to nearly a thousand.
Often discos, like Tiger, can be more fun than bars for young folks, and the girls you meet there are so-called “free lancers” and not employed – please bear in mind that some of the girls are just in a disco for having a fun night by themselves – presume many a girl will love to dance with a handsome young fellow like you; and remember to be a gentleman and offer a drink, if it’s a sweet girl you want to continue to dance together with.
The 10,000 baht you have heard about, is absolutely possible to spend when having a fun night out – especially if all drink bills ends up in the bin – so if that’s the activities your are looking for, you either have to revaluate your budget, or eat cheap food and watch TV in your hotel room for the last two weeks or so.
Wish you an amazing trip... wink.png

Thanks for a big post mate!

Well I'll think it will be fine tho, I wont go out everynight either. Some nights might be big and some low, i do luckily have backups in case something would go wrong.

• Like 1