Tabien Baan for Amphur; copy ok?

rideswings

Im going to be getting married soon, and want to know if the Amphur will accept a copy of the tabien baan or does it have to be the original? The original might take a while for me to get.

Im from the USA living in BKK, her parents home is in Khon Kaen.

Edited by rideswings

When we got married we had to take original documents and two copies of each of them. We did phone the amphur first to see what was exactly required at that particular office.

Thanks for the info. I will call the Amphur near me and see what they need. Did the Amphur actually ask to see your book or just accept the copies?

They look at all the original docs and pass them to someone behind the counter. We could not get married at our local amphur so this was at Bangrak. We did a lot of research into the marriage process and soon came to the conclusion that all amphurs have different requirements and do enjoy making you jump through a few hoops if they can, so when we had all the paperwork we needed we phoned them to check

We went to Bang Rak Khet in BKK and got married and they did not ask to see an original Tabien Ban, we gave them copies only. It might be required but they didnt ask for it. However, if my wife had changed her name or been previously married, they would have asked to see it.

Edited by rideswings