Why the Muslim 'no-go-zone' myth won't die

webfact

Why the Muslim 'No-Go-Zone' Myth Won't Die
There's no evidence of extremist takeover of areas in Europe or the United States. So why do the claims continue?
DAVID A. GRAHAM

Have you heard about the areas of Europe, or perhaps even of the United States, that are run by jihadists and which non-Muslims can't even enter?

WASHINGTON: -- Don't get too worried if you haven't: They don't exist. Or maybe you have, if you watch Fox News or read snippets of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal's speech about Islamic extremism. While politics is rife with falsehoods, myths, and baseless rumors, it's often tough to see exactly where a claim comes from, and how it reaches a wider audience—including, for example, a Republican governor with apparent presidential aspirations and a reputation as a sober policy wonk. Here, however, it's possible to follow forensic traces and see how some small elements of truth metastasized into an outlandish claim.

Here's what Jindal said, via CNN:

In the West, non-assimilationist Muslims establish enclaves and carry out as much of Sharia law as they can without regard for the laws of the democratic countries which provided them a new home ....

It is startling to think that any country would allow, even unofficially, for a so called "no-go zone." The idea that a free country would allow for specific areas of its country to operate in an autonomous way that is not free and is in direct opposition to its laws is hard to fathom.

When CNN reporter Max Foster pressed him on this passage after the speech, Jindal couldn't name any specific instances. But he pointed to a report in the famously unreliable tabloid Daily Mail, and couched his refusal to back down as bold truth-telling: "I think that the radical Left absolutely wants to pretend like this problem is not here. Pretending it's not here won't make it go away."

Full story: http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/01/paris-mayor-to-sue-fox-over-no-go-zone-comments/384656/

-- The Atlantic 2015-01-21

I saw one of these areas dominated by immigrants just recently. It was filled with businesses catering to the immigrants, with signage in their own language. There were immigrants everywhere, dressing and acting as they chose without any regard for local custom. They spoke their own language and expected locals in the area to do the same. Many of them seem to look down on the locals, and most made no effort to integrate with local culture in any way.

Sukhumvit, I think it was called.

I doubt that most of those are immigrants. Many are called tourists.

Tourists ; immigrants. No difference to the likes of Soibiker and his/her mates, the apologists & the governing Thai elite. All of Thailand's current problems are due to non-Thais.

For me, Sukhumvit/Asoke is already a no-go area, but not because of the farangs.

If you haven't been to the west for twenty-five years then don't comment.

And don't believe everything your read on the Internet.

And who made you daddy?

There are no-go zones for non-muslims in the west. It's just not PC to say so.

The libtards scream racism and Islamophobia.

See the next quote for proof

This "no go zone" thing is just another example of how Muslim demonizers spread hatred and intolerance.

Right, right!

Of course it's got nothing to do with the constant atrocities committed by Muslims following that most hateful and intolerant of religions?

Garbage - the vast majority of Muslims in the UK are peace loving family people.

It's comical that you use a Crusader as your avatar - those "Christians," that went on a murderous rampage are heroes to you, eh?

• Like 2

Fox News were guilty of having someone comment on the UK and France who had no first hand experience, hence their ignorance of some details showed. As ever the liberals latch on to this acting as if this means there are no problem areas. This is just ideologically motivated dishonesty. There is a large and growing problem, if the crime statistics are examined in detail this is clear to see.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/robert-spencer/no-no-go-zones-really/

Then we have Tommy Robinson recounting the way Luton has changed. I invite anyone to watch it and draw their own conclusions. Rather more credible than some middle class lib-left academic who would never dream of living in one of the 'mythical' problem areas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyzGayfI400

I don't know if you know who Tommy Robinson is - he's a violent convicted drug dealer, who has served time for fraud too. He famously quit the EDL three years ago after learning more about Islam.

Not true. He quit because he thought that too many racists were joining the EDL and he was never anti-Muslim. He is against radical Islam.

Mr Robinson said it was still his aim to "counter Islamist ideology", although "not with violence but with better, democratic ideas".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-24442953

• Like 2