Bali Nine: Australian Andrew Chan on Indonesian death row loses clemency bid

webfact

Alcohol and cigarettes cause the most harm. They may not fill emergency wards but hospitals and courts are full of effected users.

Caffeine just turns people into annoying <deleted>.

Whats legal or illegal is irrelevant to causing harm.

Ever tried sodium pethanol, morphine or oxycontin? All legal and much more dangerous than MDMA or cannabis, which are illegal.

Anyone that uses the law as a safety guide has no idea what they are talking about.

Edited by catmaninoz

No one here condones the selling of drugs, but lets get things into perspective and have a punishment fitting the crime. And before any of u do gooders who have had about as much experience with drugs as a couple of paracetamol, start banging on, drugs are a choice, the user being fully to blame. Now in reality, far more deaths are alcohol related than drug related. Millions die from the effects of smoking. Don't see u ganging up on your local 7 elevens or news agents or breweries. Yes, selling drugs is bad ( mainly because of its illegality ) but put it into perspective.

Right or wrong , perspective or not, this is the law of the country.

Plenty of other countries with less harsh punishments to smuggle out of.

Saying that, Indonesia is hardly a beacon for anything, with drug lords and terrorists.

• Like 2

Alcohol and cigarettes cause the most harm. They may not fill emergency wards but hospitals and courts are full of effected users.

Ever tried sodium pethanol, morphine or oxycontin? All legal and much more dangerous than MDMA or cannabis, which are illegal.

Anyone that uses the law as a safety guide has no idea what they are talking about.

So too much caffeine is your problem?

I feel for their families.

I remember the 2 Aussies back in the 80s who were hanged in Malaysia, Barlow and Chambers, and last night I watched the movie based on their story with Julie Christie starring as one of their mothers.

And how their families suffered! I don't know how true the script was to real life but it suggested the 2 accepted their fate in the end- ' Mum, I did do it!' but the families went through agonies trying to save them.

So foolish to die for a few dollars, but at least their case was fairly quick

The Bali 9 case has dragged on and on, whilst they are alive the parents and siblings must still have hope, although now it seems utterly hopeless.

Years of prayer, hope and despair, ending in a bullet in the early morning.

Better to have died years ago.

So too much caffeine is your problem?

How is this not a troll?

Maybe too much murder is your problem?