Should Thai Partner Pass Away With No Will...

Thanx, Dragonman.

All the back-and-forth translations of translations should be interesting -- but, I guess, better to find out a mistranslation before "all rise" is called.

Yes, it is worth the effort as previously problems have arisen. In Thai Court anything drafted in Thai has ultimate precedence even if it is obviously an error.

Hi Dragonman I live in pattaya and i just went to city hall the registration department and we asked the lady for this will paper but she said never heard of it. I dont think she understands what we are asking for. Can you tell me the Thai word for this Will document as my wife does not really know what to ask for. Looking at the other posts I would be correct in saying that a hand writen last Will & testament in thai signed by 2 witnesses would hold up in a thai court of law? Thank you again for all the information you have given on this post. :o

Hi Dragonman I live in pattaya and i just went to city hall the registration department and we asked the lady for this will paper but she said never heard of it. I dont think she understands what we are asking for. Can you tell me the Thai word for this Will document as my wife does not really know what to ask for. Looking at the other posts I would be correct in saying that a hand writen last Will & testament in thai signed by 2 witnesses would hold up in a thai court of law? Thank you again for all the information you have given on this post. :o

Pih-ny-gahm. I live not far away in Sattahip and they have adverts on the wall in the Registry Department.

Yes if you don't want the Public Will, authorised by the Registrar, just a written Will should stand up. But not as strong as the Will at Amphur.