Money transfer from thailand kasikorn to Singapore

peter2015

i am for one year student in thailand. I opened an account last year at kasikorn bank. In 4 month my student visa will be finish and i want to transfer my money to my bank account in singapore.

But it seems not so easy to transfer my money away from kasikorn bank. You must add an international account by filling out thousand of form. Then they said its not possible to make money transfer if you dont have working visa. I said i am student. No possible soo sorry.

i dont know what to do. Is this really true?

what sort of monetary value are you talking about?

if its not that much just buy some 999 gold stick it in your pocket, fly with it and then sell it when you get back to Singapore. or better yet, hold on to it till the next gold bull market kicks in... due a last bear drop first mind.

If the money is in Baht, withdraw it and change it to Singapore $ at a local money changer, or just take the Baht to Singapore and change it there. Baht in Singapore are exchanged at reasonable rates at the better money changers. No problem.

I am not planning to change it in singapore dollars and fly "extra" to singapore for that. I am looking for a solution to make a normal international money transfer.

The bank wrote to me today back and said they can not add an international bank account to K-banking but i can go to the branch and make a international bank transfer. i will see if that gonna work fine or if they gonna make me more troubles

I am not planning to change it in singapore dollars and fly "extra" to singapore for that. I am looking for a solution to make a normal international money transfer.

The bank wrote to me today back and said they can not add an international bank account to K-banking but i can go to the branch and make a international bank transfer. i will see if that gonna work fine or if they gonna make me more troubles

So the problem was because you were trying to do it all online?????

What do you mean "fly extra"? I cary stacks of money onto airplanes and never have to do anything special.

Edited by Dante99

Yes the problem was to make online banking to an international Account. This seems not to be possible. I hope an international transfer at the bank branch is possible. Didnt know that this is so complicated with kasikorn bank.

Thats what they wrote to me:

Dear Sir,

International funds transfer must be declared the transaction purpose to Bank of Thailand. There are several purpose of transfer. We declare by using the document to prove of each transaction. However, in K-Cyber Banking we allow only 3 purpose which are Education expense (This is for Thai resident who study abroad), Remittance to family members or relatives who are permanent resident (This is for Thai resident),Remittance of saving by foreigners working in Thailand (This is for non- resident). For the remittance of saving by foreigners working in Thailand, BOT required Work Permit. Therefore, if you don't have work permit, please do an international funds transfer at KBank Branch or International Trade Service Center instead sir.

Remark: We are developing this product to increase purpose of transfer. If we launch it, we will inform you immediately sir.

Best Regards,