NLA impeaches Yingluck with 190 votes

webfact

Rubl, it seems you have been on a vitamine cure those days! wink.png

You may write as many posts/hour you want, it will not prevent people from thinking that this process is politically motivated and far from legitimate, fair ans unbiased.

Sorry for late reply. I only stumbled on your post by accident.

I am under no illusion my posts will help people to better understand what the impeachment process was about. Even in the topic of "Yingluck supporters not happy" I see no comments on the correctness or incorrectness of the evidence against Ms. Yingluck.

To try to let Ms. Yingluck take her responsibility as PM in charge seems almost undemocratic.

Not surprising that Thailand's rubber stamp parliament, installed by the NCPO voted yes on impeachment for Yingluck.

It has nothing to do with accountability let alone justice. These people never learn, amazing.

Ignoring the political rhetoric can you explain why you believe she was not negligent?

No let's not ignore it, as it clearly shows how illegitimate this whole charade really is. As to negligent, the rice scheme might not have been the best idea, one cannot forget that she was entitled to introduce it due to her government holding 300 out of 500 seats in parliament. Likewise her decision to continue it, despite alleged corruption isn't negligence.

I'll take that as a "no" then.

Yes it was a policy entitled to be introduced. Yes the minority vote her party received translated into a majority of seats.

Do you think never attending meetings, following up on the corruption and mismanagement reports that even came from the Wold Bank and IMF, lying to the farmers they would be paid might be a tad negligent? Especially as the scheme she still claims to be self financing as 700 billion baht which somehow can't be accounted for

Lies, Lies and more lies whilst turning more blind eyes than Nelson. Completely negligent in carrying out the duties she swore to do. Especially as she allowed a criminal fugitive crook to rule the government , select the ministers and make every decision. She simply followed his orders despite her oaths, which to a Shin seem meaningless.

• Like 2

Look I am not trying to score points but you seem to fail completely to understand the article's intent.It is not meant to defend the rice support scheme and certainly not to endorse Yingluck's role.Criminal negligence is a ludicrous charge but she may well have been negligent.

But it's not the point.The point is the assault on democracy by a rotten and complacent elite, bolstered by armed force and desperate to prevent the Thai people as a whole achieving political influence.Until you grasp that you are just another ant crawling over a mosaic, oblivious of the bigger picture.

I understood the point of the article. Almost 'ivory tower' stuff. Still the class struggle with a criminal fugitive billionair being Robbing Hood.

BTW I normally only write 'negligence', but reading the NYT I understand it's 'criminal negligence'.

More like Robbin B'stard than Robin Hood!

I have made the point MANY times that is it NORMAL for countries (including Holland) to have farming subsidies which cost countless BILLIONS

now stop being an old fool rubl you have posted NINE TIMES just on this one page alone!

go read about US and EU farming subsidies and read up about the REAL reason this is all happening (which we cannot discuss legally here)

Excuses for late reply. I just stumbled over this.

First of all the RPPS was positioned as 'self-financing' scheme, not as a subsidy which requires reservations in the National Budget. The RPPS also didn't have clear accounting which one would expect with National Budget items.

So your remarks on subsidy and what USA/EU do is totally unrelated. Never having looked at the USA administration, but the EU has http://ec.europa.eu/budget/index_en.cfm

The real reason a former PM is impeached and charged with 'criminal negligence' is a 'self-financing' RPPS gone terribly wrong with the person in charge just dodging her responsibilities.

From a link someone provided on a party

"Yingluck delivered her beginning as well as concluding discourses at the charge procedures ,however she decided not to respond to any specific asks from NLA membership . A set of individuals gave her absolutely no good credit on this .

In her discourses , Yingluck as well decided not to reply to any specific asks or to clarify uncertainties over the rice plan .

She generally attacked all that she stated was the National Anti-Corruption Commission's political intention in accusing her , an NLA insider mentioned . "

http://www.bangkok.net/politics_news/NLA_wished_the_lawful_result_to_exclude_former_prime_minister_Yingluck_Shinawatra_from_politics-1996/

PS nine posts and most replying to you?

I have made the point MANY times that is it NORMAL for countries (including Holland) to have farming subsidies which cost countless BILLIONS

now stop being an old fool rubl you have posted NINE TIMES just on this one page alone!

go read about US and EU farming subsidies and read up about the REAL reason this is all happening (which we cannot discuss legally here)

First of all the RPPS was positioned as 'self-financing' scheme, not as a subsidy which requires reservations in the National Budget. The RPPS also didn't have clear accounting which one would expect with National Budget items.

So your remarks on subsidy and what USA/EU do is totally unrelated. Never having looked at the USA administration, but the EU has http://ec.europa.eu/budget/index_en.cfm

The real reason a former PM is impeached and charged with 'criminal negligence' is a 'self-financing' RPPS gone terribly wrong with the person in charge just dodging her responsibilities.

"Yingluck delivered her beginning as well as concluding discourses at the charge procedures ,however she decided not to respond to any specific asks from NLA membership . A set of individuals gave her absolutely no good credit on this .

In her discourses , Yingluck as well decided not to reply to any specific asks or to clarify uncertainties over the rice plan .

She generally attacked all that she stated was the National Anti-Corruption Commission's political intention in accusing her , an NLA insider mentioned . "

http://www.bangkok.net/politics_news/NLA_wished_the_lawful_result_to_exclude_former_prime_minister_Yingluck_Shinawatra_from_politics-1996/

wrong AGAIN let's go through your tedious posts and who you replied to for THIS page ONLY?

1/ waitforusalso

2/ empireboy

3/ sjaak327

4/ rockinrobin

5/ firestar (X2)

6/ Jayboy

7/ Candide

8/ ME (just now)

if I added up (no time) you have 100s don't you have another life? we really REALLY don't need you to reply constantly we know your right wing junta loving position

go take your meds and cocoa and go to sleep

no answer rubl? you stated your NINE posts on ONE page were in answer to me?

you have 17,500 now so you are a busy fella sitting there tapping away telling us all how you 'know everything' and we need the benefit of your CONSTANT comments (bit sad really huh rubl?)

you have 17,500 now so you are a busy fella sitting there tapping away telling us all how you 'know everything' and we need the benefit of your CONSTANT comments (bit sad really huh rubl?)

I asked "nine posts and most replying to you?"

So, in two topics you complain I post too much? 'tapping away' and so, feeling sorry for me?

Interesting you mention the "know everything". I just had a PM from a newbie who wrote the same, but included some more abuse though.

BTW personally I think you could benefit from my comments, but unlike your avatar suggests I doubt you are even willing to listen.

PS although there is no need to use the "reply" function, if you just write a post aimed at or addressed to me, you shouldn't be surprised I didn't answer as it may very well be I didn't see it. Too busy hammering away, remember rolleyes.gif

So, in two topics you complain I post too much? 'tapping away' and so, feeling sorry for me?

Interesting you mention the "know everything". I just had a PM from a newbie who wrote the same, but included some more abuse though.

BTW personally I think you could benefit from my comments, but unlike your avatar suggests I doubt you are even willing to listen.

PS although there is no need to use the "reply" function, if you just write a post aimed at or addressed to me, you shouldn't be surprised I didn't answer as it may very well be I didn't see it. Too busy hammering away, remember rolleyes.gif

so no apology for suggesting your 9 posts were 'in reply to me'? you can see, in fact, you replied with your "wisdom" to 8 different posters

17,500 posts what a busy, busy uncle you are and pretty damn stupid too - but that's aging I guess whistling.gif

PS you posted :

when i have shown only ONE replied to me and I have taken the trouble to LIST ALL the replies you made - feeling a bit crest-fallen? you should do as it shows you have no honour and cannot say "whoops" anyway on to that 20,000th post right?

Edited by binjalin

Rubi's constant need to respond just demonstrates to me how much in common with the present government they have

Attempting to impose their views and opinions on others and unwilling to accept that others may have a different opinion and dissing dissenting voices

Of course this is my opinion only and I apologize if it causes offence

• Like 2

wrong AGAIN let's go through your tedious posts and who you replied to for THIS page ONLY?

1/ waitforusalso

2/ empireboy

3/ sjaak327

4/ rockinrobin

5/ firestar (X2)

6/ Jayboy

7/ Candide

8/ ME (just now)

if I added up (no time) you have 100s don't you have another life? we really REALLY don't need you to reply constantly we know your right wing junta loving position

go take your meds and cocoa and go to sleep

Since I didn't feel like checking I only asked "nine posts and most replying to you?"

Anyway you seem to be around here and active just like me. It is only that I seem to make more topic related and more constructive comments and replies than others, or you.

BTW since when are you appointed as spokesperson for members like waitforusalso, empireboy, sjaak327, rockingrobin, firestar and candide? Did you guys have a nice get-together to discuss how to counter a danger to your cause?

PS it's Saturday Night and only 12.44 AM, why go to sleep? I'm still drinking coffee, have one eye at the TV watching some game on channel7 (LV 0 - 0 BOL), one eye on a book I'm reading and of course still happily tapping away.

• Like 2

Rubi's constant need to respond just demonstrates to me how much in common with the present government they have

Attempting to impose their views and opinions on others and unwilling to accept that others may have a different opinion and dissing dissenting voices

The need to respond may be related to the half-truths, suggestive posts, some near downright lies some feel free to utter. Must be the Dutch uncle in me.

BTW I do not try to impose my view or opinion on people. My opinion is just that. Still lots of my posts also have sufficient backing through reliable links to counter misrepresentations and insinuations.

You're welcome to your opinion and I appreciate you can explain why you have a certain opinion. We do not have to agree in opinions but I hope we can agree on truth.

As such there is no need at all to even suggest you might need to apologise for your opinion. That's demeaning and might be seen as on-purpose. IMHO wai.gif

• Like 1

It's better to post very late at night when rubl is sleeping wink.png

Refreshed from the sound sleep of someone who knows he's innocent I might see your post in the morning and give even better replies smile.png

The need to respond may be related to the half-truths, suggestive posts, some near downright lies some feel free to utter. Must be the Dutch uncle in me.

BTW I do not try to impose my view or opinion on people. My opinion is just that. Still lots of my posts also have sufficient backing through reliable links to counter misrepresentations and insinuations.

You're welcome to your opinion and I appreciate you can explain why you have a certain opinion. We do not have to agree in opinions but I hope we can agree on truth.

As such there is no need at all to even suggest you might need to apologise for your opinion. That's demeaning and might be seen as on-purpose. IMHO wai.gif

you keep saying 'Dutch uncle' but you are far from 'Dutch' as Holland is a democracy (which you hate - but you'll probably take the pension) and as for 'uncle' you are far from being that - more like 1930s strict fascist I'd say whistling.gif

• Like 1

Refreshed from the sound sleep of someone who knows he's innocent I might see your post in the morning and give even better replies smile.png

rubl fascist supporters of juntas are not 'innocent' at least defend what you are and 'innocent ' is NOT one of them

you keep saying 'Dutch uncle' but you are far from 'Dutch' as Holland is a democracy (which you hate - but you'll probably take the pension) and as for 'uncle' you are far from being that - more like 1930s strict fascist I'd say whistling.gif

Logic not your strength I see. Mind you, not bad as a personal attack. A nice combination of unrelated terms mixed to condemn.

Has nothing to do with the NLA impeaching Ms. Yingluck of course. Just an example how that seems to have hurt her and some followers to the point that lack of answers is followed by attacks on those asking the questions.

• Like 1

rubl fascist supporters of juntas are not 'innocent' at least defend what you are and 'innocent ' is NOT one of them

Pheu Thai spokesperson Prompong style of attack "I accuse, prove me wrong".

Pray tell how I can defend what you THINK I am, or why I should even contemplate doing such?

At least Ms. Yingluck got clear questions, even though she elected not to answer them wink.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Just let him think he has one up on you or he'll never stop...??

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The eight who abstained should be sacked, if they cant or are afraid to make a decision on something this important they shouldn't be in the job.

Ok the decisions have been made on the evidence presented now lets see who does and does not accept them.

Those who abstained was sleeping, when they woke up, the poll was already over. laugh.png

But in those countries they are budgeted for, and transparent so that the people if they so wish can examine and if necessary under the FOI acts can actually access ALL the information.

In Thailand under Yingluck and the PTP the information was classed as a state secret an NO information was to be released by any state agency at all.

So please tell me if I am incorrect and why EU subsidies keep being brought up as a diversionary tactic considering that Thailand, at least the last time I checked was NOT a mamber of the EU. If by some chance it was a member do you really think that Yingluck, Thaksin, the government and the PTP would have got away with what they did?

• Like 1

How many of those who voted for her impeachment were elected to their positions? None? Zero? How many appointed by current puppets of ruling class? All? Those 18 votes: was this to give illusion there is some sort of representative government in power?

How many of those who voted for her impeachment were elected to their positions? None? Zero? How many appointed by current puppets of ruling class? All? Those 18 votes: was this to give illusion there is some sort of representative government in power?

do we know who the 18 were? I'd be interested who these ethical 18 were as they were appointees of the unelected military Junta YET voted against them - Kudos to every one of them

I agree and support Rubi.

Does that make me a facist also?

fascism ~

a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Don't know about you billd766, but that description pretty much suits Thaksin, not you and rubl.

(These guys like to throw words around, don't they ? Democratically elected, reconciliation, fascism, elites, dictatorships, elections, impeach etc etc etc.................shame they do not know what these words actually mean, or how to use them correctly in a sentence)

• Like 2

Posts in violation of the following forum rules have been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

do we know who the 18 were? I'd be interested who these ethical 18 were as they were appointees of the unelected military Junta YET voted against them - Kudos to every one of them

No names, but the Nation had

"while the 18 votes in her favour mostly came from people in the business sector."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/Most-military-officers-voted-against-the-former-pr-30252607.html

It may be that business people, even those hand-picked by Gen. Prayut, are more 'understanding' regarding business expenses and may also have been more concerned with the possible economical effects if an Amply Rich woman would be impeached and her poor supporters would raise up to show their displeasure.Can't really blame them. Even a court had similar concerns in 2001.

'rule of law' anyone?