Problem with Thai wife, maybe wanting a divorce, advice please!

k butler

I have been with this lady for over 10 years, married 9 year official Thai marriage. Recently things have turned cool and my wife is talking about divorce. I have bought her a house and car and pick up truck and am not sure what will happen next. I am going to see her this week and see what the position is but I am not hopeful.

If she wants to proceed with a divorce what can I expect? What can I do, I have the marriage certificate but the wife has the papers for land, house and cars.

I realize that this is probably not a new situation for all of you, but, it is for me and I would really like some help and advice.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips and comments.

You split 50% of the assets gained during the marriage, that goes for yours and hers and includes any debts. You can always agree to a different settlement voluntarily.

Note that there is no alimony in Thailand, only child support.

Unless you agree to a divorce, your wife can only seek a divorce on the grounds mentioned in the law, that makes it more difficult for her.

But see first if you can save your marriage, you do not seem to be living with her and that might very well be (part of) the problem.

• Like 2

If you can not get at least 50% of the house.

Have it BULLDOZED so she does not have it.( that is if she is being bitchy).

Is the car in your name, if so keep it or SELL it.

So again she gets nothing.

The land is HERS, you are stuffed on this one.

I have been divorced from a Thai lady.

BUT i did not have the assets you have.

Best of luck with it.

• Like 1

1........do not go for a divorce if that does not suit you at all.

2........build up a case to protect your back against her in case a divorce is final prior to have agreed all the terms by both parties.

3........legally you have 50% but technically how can you get them though ....?

4........this is blackmail asking for divorce and looking for new boobs to attract an other victim being a national sport.

Only men can ask for divorce under Thainess every one is talking about though you are in charge not her.

5........do not eat mushrooms cooked by her.

6........No is an asset use it more often.

Good luck !

P.S.

I am a father of 3 boys ( 14,6,3 ), married legally 10 years ago under Thai and French family laws having been invited by my own wife to leave twice after the birth of the latest two, plus afterwards invited to separate twice, witnessed wife and her mother fighting in our house since I refused to see them undong my education but I am a responsible Adult man/father not playing games neither gambling with feelings, i told her to forget about being an other selfish woman, I have not married her family neither her village and instead of nagging she should help to raise the kids with me properly they are the ones in charge neither her neither me and I do not need three pets.

I am paying for monthly mortgage to the House she owns myself I do own nothing in it as I am a paying guest in Thailand and I pay for school fees, plus monthly allowance plus holidays.......

I am happy and better she behaves well fulfilling her life intelligently otherwise no money if only a Thainess minimum and a lot of pains for her and for the kids unnecessarily she will not have the custody for if only half.

Too much stupidity in derelict Thainess now looking forward to the modern Thailand educated future under the smart new PM self appointed so much better than democratically rottenly like in the past totally non existent representative of a democracy with too many ignorant easy to corrupt their votes with THB 400 each.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why? Why? Why?.............Would you put yourself in a position like this? She has gotten everything from you, I doubt talking to divide 50-50 will happen.

if you paid for everything, why is your name not on there? I'm bewildered.

Next.........

• Like 2

The Right Direction: The important thing is not the rapidity of your progress but rather its certainty. Your actual achievement is not so important as the fact that the direction of your progress is Godward.

advise, Faith, trust...quiet.

The Good: Taken at face value your situation looks clear that you have the right to 50% of the assets. Should not need an expensive lawyer to prove that.

The Bad: All papers are in her name. If she is evil she can sell it all to her relatives for a penny, so even if you get 50%, it's only 50% of "a penny".

Conclusion: If I were you I would act very quick in order to minimize the risk for the Bad option should you go for a divorce.

Good luck.

• Like 1

And in case you just see no benefits and shes screwing you around with all lawyers etc. make a phonecall and takeof insurance for house and car, then burn it. Dont even think you have to take away insurance because i dont think they are valid if you do it yourself. Go and crash the car in a tree. Take an axe and demolish the home when family is out for shopping. But do this while you are still married smile.png

Take this as a joke otherwise im gonna be flamed by the lovely members.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In MY experience expect a very hard battle. But this is all dependent on the lady.

She may not care whether you actually agree to the divorce. If she has acquired the trappings she so desired from the outset, Motorcycle, car, house and furniture then its job done in their mind. I hasten to say I am generalising.

Lawyers just mean more loss of money half the time.

I would try the softly softly approach if you fail to work it out. Try not to (I know its hard) get into arguments. Be very calculated in what you wish to achieve if it boils down to assets. And Good Luck.

I have been through it all. Previous Thai Wife. 2 x homes. 323ise bmw on red plates. factories and 65 employees. my strada pickup. land up the village.

All I got................ was a headache..... BMW had some finance on it so I Parked it in the Park Hotel Sukhumvit as I stayed there a lot and covered it. Waited 4 months and sent GE the key and its location. That screwed her as she wanted to sell it and cash it in.I could write a book about it. She went of with the Kamnens son so it was a difficult one. couldn't get a lawyer to touch it. 4 dropped the case.

Actually I asked my new wife what she wants for her Birthday.... She said a divorce?.... I said hahaha....... I wasn't thinking of spending that much!!!!!........

• Like 1

Ahhhh...the wife pulled the "long term " plan on you ...the 10 year plan ........before she obtained what she wanted first...and now she wants to separate.

I suggest you hire a private detective and learn if she is having an affair with an old flame or a new flame and learn if the boyfriend / lover is coercing her to separate with you while professing his undying love for her........... all for capital gain of course.

Those are my thoughts....having existed in a far from trustworthy environment for 25 years now.

Cheers and good luck.

A wife/gf always have someone else to be with before she goes on with the seperation. If she is cheating you can sue that man...

1........do not go for a divorce if that does not suit you at all.

2........build up a case to protect your back against her in case a divorce is final prior to have agreed all the terms by both parties.

3........legally you have 50% but technically how can you get them though ....?

4........this is blackmail asking for divorce and looking for new boobs to attract an other victim being a national sport.

Only men can ask for divorce under Thainess every one is talking about though you are in charge not her.

5........do not eat mushrooms cooked by her.

6........No is an asset use it more often.

Good luck !

P.S.

I am a father of 3 boys ( 14,6,3 ), married legally 10 years ago under Thai and French family laws having been invited by my own wife to leave twice after the birth of the latest two, plus afterwards invited to separate twice, witnessed wife and her mother fighting in our house since I refused to see them undong my education but I am a responsible Adult man/father not playing games neither gambling with feelings, i told her to forget about being an other selfish woman, I have not married her family neither her village and instead of nagging she should help to raise the kids with me properly they are the ones in charge neither her neither me and I do not need three pets.

I am paying for monthly mortgage to the House she owns myself I do own nothing in it as I am a paying guest in Thailand and I pay for school fees, plus monthly allowance plus holidays.......

I am happy and better she behaves well fulfilling her life intelligently otherwise no money if only a Thainess minimum and a lot of pains for her and for the kids unnecessarily she will not have the custody for if only half.

Too much stupidity in derelict Thainess now looking forward to the modern Thailand educated future under the smart new PM self appointed so much better than democratically rottenly like in the past totally non existent representative of a democracy with too many ignorant easy to corrupt their votes with THB 400 each.....

I got a headache trying to read this. Could you re-write this and use periods, at the end of sentences.

• Like 1

Before I married my wife she had separated from her Thai hubby who left her, he refused when she asked him, she went to her lawyer he took it to court for her and she was granted the divorce he charged her 10,000baht.

He died 1 yr after in his sleep mid 40s. My wife had a word with her brother about him being difficult big monk,

She thinks he had a word with the spirits not the whisky ones. So be carefull.

But it is true you are by law entitled to 50% of all assets. See a lawyer. As far as I know the court will issue a notice she has to sell the assets. You could do a deal with the 2 cars you have one and she has one. Where are you based, I have a very good female lawyer and good friend she has done very good for a few Falang up here in KHon KAEN. I do not think it matters where you are she can do from here. If you want details send message to me.

Kiwi Kenny

Your making me think twice.....as I'm about to get married to my Thai lady soon.

I think I'll just buy a foreign freehold condo the size of a house in MY name BEFORE getting married. Would she have any right to 50% of this should we get divorced?

Why is there a NEED TO GET MARRIED? Why?

Your making me think twice.....as I'm about to get married to my Thai lady soon.

I think I'll just buy a foreign freehold condo the size of a house in MY name BEFORE getting married. Would she have any right to 50% of this should we get divorced?

Why is there a NEED TO GET MARRIED? Why?

Don't you think some people are wise to this.??? really come on... perhaps you haven't been in Thailand for long.

When u accidently fall of the balcony she gets 100%. I know an American guy who brought one on the 1st floor at View Talay (one of them on the left as you go down to Jomtien) He said I have a good survival rate if I slip one night. Now that's a guy with his head screwed on.

Then the first floor it will be.... Why will she get 100% if I made it out in my Will to go to someone ells should something happen to me ?