Impeachment: Yingluck's supporters warn of deeper divide

webfact

"Ex-PM's Supporters warn of deeper divide"

Are these the ones who wore black on the last Dec 5th?

Before making a broad, uninformed statement, you might want to do some actual research. Those who dressed in black were actually going to a funeral, and were appropriately dressed for that.

Post # 31. Much truth in that. Jailing Yingluck would be a game changer. First because it could not fail to lead to open opposition to the regime, and once that genie is out of the bottle it will stay out, and secondly because it will lead to revenge.

Edited by JAG

I can only re issue what has already been said,

People in Bkk and many other places say they are more happy and secure with this present government than they have been for many years with all recent governments..

They can sleep at night without being afraid of their city being burned to the ground or being taken over by Red terrorists..

Tax money is not being wasted in buying rice at double the global price ... And as for the generals making a balls-up...

They came in to protect the country from civil war caused by the last government...

Time you spent time in their shoes, before demanding the world need to live by your rules

Must be time for a free and fair election then tezza. Then we'll see how your Isan family and all the other Isan families vote. The ultimate arbiter - as your and my words mean nothing.

Also agree with Valentine that it is a positive that the UDD and PTT may move on from the ultimate influence on the Shins. It's time for these movements to evolve and to truly represent the needs of their rural poor and working class constituency and provide an electable alternative to the Democrat Party-Military Elite-Bangkok Civil Service and Business Elite-PDRC - Yellow Shirt coalition that currently fills the NLA, NCPO and runs the county though it was never chosen by the people.

My Thai wife is in full agreement that we need a full election in the not to distant future

But she wants all the corruption of the past solved first

a quick election now is like leaving hospital while the infection is still inside her body

I guess if Thai's can wait. then I must also be happy to wait

Living in Thailand you learn lot the way they think,

Best to live somewhere where your wife still thinks about her body and her family

where back in Australia she feels once married she can eat eat eat.

ans sh takes up twice the space you do

Just my 2 cents worth

• Like 2

Before making a broad, uninformed statement, you might want to do some actual research. Those who dressed in black were actually going to a funeral, and were appropriately dressed for that.

Have you been to a funeral here? It is not a full day affair and one only wear black when going to the wat in the evening. I know because I helped out at the funeral of my father-in-law.

"This will definitely plunge Thailand to another political crisis"

I remember the UDD (when referring to an imminent coup) saying "This will definitely plunge Thailand into a civil war"

Poor old Dr Weng from the Maoist school of democracy. Still trying to seem relevant with only 7% of the population backing him.

• Like 2

People in Bkk and many other places say they are more happy and secure with this present government than they have been for many years with all recent governments..

They can sleep at night without being afraid of their city being burned to the ground or being taken over by Red terrorists..

Tax money is not being wasted in buying rice at double the global price ... And as for the generals making a balls-up...

They came in to protect the country from civil war caused by the last government...

Time you spent time in their shoes, before demanding the world need to live by your rules

Must be time for a free and fair election then tezza. Then we'll see how your Isan family and all the other Isan families vote. The ultimate arbiter - as your and my words mean nothing.

Also agree with Valentine that it is a positive that the UDD and PTT may move on from the ultimate influence on the Shins. It's time for these movements to evolve and to truly represent the needs of their rural poor and working class constituency and provide an electable alternative to the Democrat Party-Military Elite-Bangkok Civil Service and Business Elite-PDRC - Yellow Shirt coalition that currently fills the NLA, NCPO and runs the county though it was never chosen by the people.

My Thai wife is in full agreement that we need a full election in the not to distant future

a quick election now is like leaving hospital while the infection is still inside her body

Best to live somewhere where your wife still thinks about her body and her family

Just my 2 cents worth

I sometimes think if I could live here for 100 years, & know the language inside out, I would still never fully understand the Thai mindset. You get glimpses & once you think you have it wired something comes up which throws out all the preconceptions. However, it is all part of the fun & challenge of living here.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What they are really saying is that they will do their very best to create a deeper divide and if they can possibly get away with it their violent thugs will once more come out on the streets.

These people will never accept, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, that their Govt did anything wrong nor that they should be answerable to the law.

There has been evidence presented by both sides and a verdict given on that evidence, those of us who have followed this by looking at the evidence rather than on an emotional 'she was or was not guilty' know it is a fair verdict.

Those who refuse to accept the truth and rule of law will now make any excuse to cause trouble.

Do you not think that the millions who voted for Her see both the coup and the impeachment as a slap in the face , in fact it is an insult to the electorate. What would you do if the Military took over your government at home , buy a pair of jack boots and join up , or protest for your freedom

This is nothing to do with who did or did not vote for her or what Govt is in place now this is about the rule of law which stands in place regardless of which Govt is in place.

She is the one who has insulted the electorate by not doing the job she was put in place to do and swore before the King to do.

She is the one who let her people down by leaving the farmers in deeper debt than they have ever been, by leaving the country, the people and the next generation with a huge debt that must be paid off

For some strange reason you and the others who support Yingluck and Thaksin seem to think that those who see that justice has been done here support the military.

This is not the case, I accept that they are there as a fact of life that I cant change and wait for a change back to an elected Govt without the crooked, corrupt politicians which infested the previous administration.

Your post shows clearly the emotive approach I referred to rather than looking at the facts and truth of the rice pledging scheme and the damage it has caused.

Its an Emotive subject though Rob isn't it ? when you take it in context of what else is happening, a couple of hundred MPs and 30 odd senators to be indited Monitoring of all communication with no warrants or court orders, Marshall, law , suppression of free speech. I don't care much for the Shinawatras either way. But what is going on here is making me consider my families future in Thailand. I don't want my kids brought up like good little robots, who cannot speak out because its against the law

Have you been to a funeral here? It is not a full day affair and one only wear black when going to the wat in the evening. I know because I helped out at the funeral of my father-in-law.

The men in black seen on Chalerm's Labor Ministry rood were just taking a "short cut" on their way to a funeral to avoid all those nasty anti Give Thaksin total amnesty protesters.

They just had guns in case the deceased was really dead.

• Like 1

What they are really saying is that they will do their very best to create a deeper divide and if they can possibly get away with it their violent thugs will once more come out on the streets.

These people will never accept, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, that their Govt did anything wrong nor that they should be answerable to the law.

There has been evidence presented by both sides and a verdict given on that evidence, those of us who have followed this by looking at the evidence rather than on an emotional 'she was or was not guilty' know it is a fair verdict.

Those who refuse to accept the truth and rule of law will now make any excuse to cause trouble.

Do you not think that the millions who voted for Her see both the coup and the impeachment as a slap in the face , in fact it is an insult to the electorate. What would you do if the Military took over your government at home , buy a pair of jack boots and join up , or protest for your freedom

This is nothing to do with who did or did not vote for her or what Govt is in place now this is about the rule of law which stands in place regardless of which Govt is in place.

She is the one who has insulted the electorate by not doing the job she was put in place to do and swore before the King to do.

She is the one who let her people down by leaving the farmers in deeper debt than they have ever been, by leaving the country, the people and the next generation with a huge debt that must be paid off

For some strange reason you and the others who support Yingluck and Thaksin seem to think that those who see that justice has been done here support the military.

This is not the case, I accept that they are there as a fact of life that I cant change and wait for a change back to an elected Govt without the crooked, corrupt politicians which infested the previous administration.

Your post shows clearly the emotive approach I referred to rather than looking at the facts and truth of the rice pledging scheme and the damage it has caused.

Its an Emotive subject though Rob isn't it ? when you take it in context of what else is happening, a couple of hundred MPs and 30 odd senators to be indited Monitoring of all communication with no warrants or court orders, Marshall, law , suppression of free speech. I don't care much for the Shinawatras either way. But what is going on here is making me consider my families future in Thailand. I don't want my kids brought up like good little robots, who cannot speak out because its against the law

Very interesting.

I didn't want my kids to grow up being intimidated and threatened by government supporters. I didn't want my kids to grow up being witness to terrorism that was supported by the government through apathy.

You supported a government that said don't believe facts but believe something that might happen in the future.

The PTP government has proven to lie. History has shown this yet you believe and defend them while ignoring the Junta when they say (like Fiji) "We will restore democracy. How many times have the Junta been caught out lying?

A pattern seems to be forming here.

Rice scheme would be a great success. It wasn't. Turns out I was right.

Reconciliation bill would be a great success. It wasn't. Turns out I was right.

Water Management scheme would be a great success. It wasn't. Turns out I was right.

PTP support democracy. They didn't. (yes yes yinglcuk was elected) Turns out I was right.

How long will it take for you to realize that you're wrong and I'm right!

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

The NLA s courage?

Yeah right anyone can be courageous when backed up by a countries military with tanks and guns.

This is just another excuse to hold on to power by the yellow dem junta which is something they can't achieve via the ballot box and need thuggery bullying and suppression to get their way.

Yessss...

Release that frustration.

Better done through words than violence.

This is a good example to set for the red shirts that words are the best way to express yourself. Not M79 grenade launchers.

Idea

For the upcoming election

Just so they will be fair and that the yellow group for once will win it legally how about doing it like this :)

Every person with either 100,000 BHT in his Thai bank book account or with a degree from one of the top five universities in BKK those votes will be multiplied with 3 votes ?

Good luck with your politics in Thailand.

To answer your question

My Thai wife and her family

and the majority of her village voted for Yingluck

and they are Issan people

But to many close friends ever died or are seriously suffering now because of the rice rip off

During the protest both my Thai wife and may of her friends spent 2 week protesting on the streets of Bkk, pleading for help

Yes millions where conned or paid at the poling booth, but don't think that a high percentage have now changed there mind

You talk about freedom

In the last months of last year, we where scared to walk the street of Bkk under Yingluck's government

Now unsay the Junta we feel safe

Try walking in our shoes before telling us what is right or wrong

Oh how soon we forget that it was SUTHEP THAT CAUSED THE MADNESS!!! But because Thais do not support the rule of law and order they did what they what they are so famous for doing, protesting and whining till they get their way. If they didnt like what the previous government did they should have done what the civilized countries do and thats vote them out of office.

The only reason "we feel safe" is utter BS. People are oppressed with less freedom than ever! The country is under martial law, people cannot talk freely (nor have they ever been able to for that matter) they are under THREAT of jail 24 hrs a day from speaking their minds.

You people who support the Junta are a warped bunch. There are no words to describe how lacking you are in life in general.

And quit the whining about people committing suicide. Its another BS argument. Using dead people to support your illogical views is absurd. Those people died because of mental illness not because of a government or Yingluck.

How about all the terrorism in the south, you gonna pin that on her too? Why dont you do that? Or do those people matter?

You Junta supporters seriously make me sick to my stomach! You have no clue about life, democracy or freedoms! You are weak minded and cant think for yourselves and want the government to give you everything.

The farmers/fishermen in Thailand are nothing but whiners looking for handouts for everything they do! They want the government to set prices and subsidize their crops and in that way they dont have to do anything but plant, work fields and the government give them money. The farmers are nothing but lazy sub servants of the people who control this country and its <deleted> archaic principles. Its a mess, always has been, and if you think that a bunch of military people can fix it you are out of touch.

Yes this is a rant. Im so sick of all this i love the junta crap I could puke. Maybe I should go kill myself and give the red people a reason to use the death and suicide card. &lt;deleted&gt; disrespectful bastards using the deceased. No, of course I wont but, you get the point.

I cant wait until the passing....

Edited by 2fishin2
  • Like 2

You see I have never had a problem, I don't see the military around every corner or anywhere for that matter, I can go where I like when I like in this country and I can say what I like within the restraints of the law. The only ones who cant speak out are those who want to make political statements that are designed to make trouble.

Those who keep repeating not to say anything are just scaremongering, you only have to look at the editorials and comments in the English language Thai press to see that on any day there is criticism of the military and that is accepted if not welcomed for how else can they get feedback (except from ass kissers and that's no use)

Where I live on the central plains everyone goes about their normal business as they did before with no intervention from the military at all.

The only ones who are having problems are those who are trying to make trouble for their own ends.

Indeed things seem to be improving, people on both sides of the fence are being brought in for things that were never investigated before, the rail which is your specialty is getting underway now, and many more things.

Sure the military have made mistake and they will make more but they are there and I cant do anything about that so no good crying about it.

I am pragmatic enough to see both good and bad where they exist and as I don't have an agenda or belong to or support any group or party when I see disparaging comments or plain straight out lies, wherever they come from, I am free to comment and point out the truth should I wish.

As for kids and education, hopefully the reforms will improve what is at present a very low grade system which right now turn out kids which are discouraged from asking questions or making comments.

It is up to you to ensure that your kids have the benefit of your education and experience, make sure they are bi-lingual, question everything and don't leave it up to an education system anywhere.

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 1

Just my 2 cents worth

I sometimes think if I could live here for 100 years, & know the language inside out, I would still never fully understand the Thai mindset. You get glimpses & once you think you have it wired something comes up which throws out all the preconceptions. However, it is all part of the fun & challenge of living here.

Are you taking about Thailand or a female ?

To answer your question

But to many close friends ever died or are seriously suffering now because of the rice rip off

During the protest both my Thai wife and may of her friends spent 2 week protesting on the streets of Bkk, pleading for help

Yes millions where conned or paid at the poling booth, but don't think that a high percentage have now changed there mind

You talk about freedom

In the last months of last year, we where scared to walk the street of Bkk under Yingluck's government

Oh how soon we forget that it was SUTHEP THAT CAUSED THE MADNESS!!! But because Thais do not support the rule of law and order they did what they what they are so famous for doing, protesting and whining till they get their way. If they didnt like what the previous government did they should have done what the civilized countries do and thats vote them out of office.

The only reason "we feel safe" is utter BS. People are oppressed with less freedom than ever! The country is under martial law, people cannot talk freely (nor have they ever been able to for that matter) they are under THREAT of jail 24 hrs a day from speaking their minds.

You people who support the Junta are a warped bunch. There are no words to describe how lacking you are in life in general.

And quit the whining about people committing suicide. Its another BS argument. Using dead people to support your illogical views is absurd. Those people died because of mental illness not because of a government or Yingluck.

How about all the terrorism in the south, you gonna pin that on her too? Why dont you do that? Or do those people matter?

You Junta supporters seriously make me sick to my stomach! You have no clue about life, democracy or freedoms! You are weak minded and cant think for yourselves and want the government to give you everything.

The farmers/fishermen in Thailand are nothing but whiners looking for handouts for everything they do! They want the government to set prices and subsidize their crops and in that way they dont have to do anything but plant, work fields and the government give them money. The farmers are nothing but lazy sub servants of the people who control this country and its <deleted> archaic principles. Its a mess, always has been, and if you think that a bunch of military people can fix it you are out of touch.

Yes this is a rant. Im so sick of all this i love the junta crap I could puke. Maybe I should go kill myself and give the red people a reason to use the death and suicide card. <deleted> disrespectful bastards using the deceased. No, of course I wont but, you get the point.

O.M.G your posting made me cry

but Then I looked out the window and saw all the happy people

so I now feel happy again

• Like 1

Very interesting.

I didn't want my kids to grow up being intimidated and threatened by government supporters. I didn't want my kids to grow up being witness to terrorism that was supported by the government through apathy.

You supported a government that said don't believe facts but believe something that might happen in the future.

The PTP government has proven to lie. History has shown this yet you believe and defend them while ignoring the Junta when they say (like Fiji) "We will restore democracy. How many times have the Junta been caught out lying?

Water Management scheme would be a great success. It wasn't. Turns out I was right.

PTP support democracy. They didn't. (yes yes yinglcuk was elected) Turns out I was right.

What absolute Rubbish

"I didn't want my kids to grow up being intimidated and threatened by government supporters. I didn't want my kids to grow up being witness to terrorism that was supported by the government through apathy."

When were your kids or when ever would your kids been attacked by government supporters ?

. The Terrorism you speak of was instigated by your fascist mates , trying to stop free elections and trying to over through the elected Government

Government policies that i have pointed to in my post are FACT , not paranoid rhetorical rantings like yours

You want your kids to grow up being told who to vote for , no redress to the law and unable to express their beliefs , you carry on mate

• Like 2

I didn't know staging a coup was legal. So staging a coup is abiding by the rule of law and those that appose it are not abiding by the law. Love the way the law is made up as they go along to help thier criminal activities.

Are you and the parrot taking turn about to basically post the same negatives?

Quite a few times actually, but who's counting ? ;)

To answer your question

You talk about freedom

Yes this is a rant. Im so sick of all this i love the junta crap I could puke. Maybe I should go kill myself and give the red people a reason to use the death and suicide card. <deleted> disrespectful bastards using the deceased. No, of course I wont but, you get the point.

It wasent Suthep whom started the protests it was a group of students. Why did the protests star? Over to you studder.

Looks like the army did not succeed in bringing law and order.

They should have found a way to keep the PM in office for a successful change in government a little later.

Perhaps time for another coup?

Lets have the Navy take a crack at it.

After all, the sailors would not shut the bars and leave the tourists and the locals high and dry.

Just a suggestion that should be tried. Don't you all agree? Of course you do.

Edited by Jimbolai

Very interesting.

Can't help wandering if its not about democracy and the freedom of the people in this country, but rather about you being right every time and all of the time, and refusing to accept that anyone else can hold a different opinion!

• Like 1

Looks like the army did not succeed in bringing law and order.

They should have found a way to keep the PM in office for a successful change in government a little later.

Perhaps time for another coup?

Lets have the Navy take a crack at it.

After all, the sailors would not shut the bars and leave the tourists and the locals high and dry.

Just a suggestion that should be tried. Don't you all agree? Of course you do.

No I don't agree with you at all so please leave me out of your thoughts and wishes.