Auto production in Thailand in 2015 projected at 2.2 million units

webfact

Auto production in 2015 projected at 2.2 million units
By Digital Content

1422075523128-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 24 -- Car production in Thailand in 2015 is projected at 2.2 million units, while export is set for 1.2 million units, said Surapong Paisitpattanapong, vice chairman of the Federation of Thai Industries.

Mr Surapong, who is also FTI's automotive industry group head, said the auto industry in Thailand has set the car production target for 2015 at 2.2 million units.

Sales in the country could increase to one million units this year, depending on government disbursement and investment in mega projects as well as on government financial assistance to agriculturists.

Exports of car in 2015 are projected at 1.2 million units, almost equal to last year which stood at about 1.13 million units, he said.

But this year’s exports could be affected by a slowdown of car exports to Russia due to its weakened ruble currency, ongoing fighting in the Middle East and the deadly Ebola disease in Africa.

He said the weakening of the Japanese yen and the slowdown of car exports to China are other major factors which could affect Thailand’s car exports this year.

Auto production in Thailand in 2014 stood at 1.88 million units, down 23.5 per cent from the previous year, said Mr Surapong.

Domestic sales were at 881,832 units, a decrease of 33.7 per cent from the year before. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2015-01-24

How strange, NOT.... This story contradicts the news released on the 21st Jan....

BANGKOK, 21 January 2015 (NNT) - The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) has reported that Thailand produced 1.88 million cars in 2014, lower than a target of 2.1 million cars.

Vice President and Spokesman of the FTI’s auto industry group Suraphong Phaisitphatthanaphong said the number of cars manufactured in Thailand last year stood at 1.88 million units, decreasing from the same period of 2013 by 23.49% and the target of 2.1 million units.

A 33.7% drop in car sales in the country was the main cause of the lower production in 2014. Other factors affecting Thailand’s car production last year included an economic slowdown, delayed budget disbursement of the government and produce price drop, said the vice president.

Thailand produced more than 753,800 cars in 2014, decreasing by 43.26% compared to 2013. Its car production for export was 1.12 million units or 59.69% of the total production, increasing by 0.08% compared to 2013.

Edited by merlin2002
  • Like 1

I believe that the cars made in Thailand are foreign brand. Toyota, Honda, BMW, Mercedes and more..

If those foreign companies are going to make less cars, Thailand will not produce 2.2 million cars.

What i mean to tell you that the industrial ¨production is depending from foreign decision.

If those companies leave from Thailand, Thailand can jump high but can't help that there is a lower production.

I believe this man can not do this kind of speaking.

I believe Thailand will produce next year 2,7 million cars.........but i am not sure if Toyota bring their production to the Philippines

I wish Thailand all the best !