Best place to get a used 24 inch computer monitor

Hal65

Went to Pantip Plaza and was surprised to see the prices of 24 inch computer monitors. Maybe it's one of those places where everything must be negotiated, personally I'm not a fan of that.

Does anyone know good place low prices for used computer monitors, without the negotiation culture? I'm in Bangkok next to Asoke BTS.

Why limit yourself with a computer "monitor"?

Go ahead and get a second hand flat screen TV with HDMI and VGA capabilities. Go 36 inch. That is what I use. If your computer/laptop fails, at least you have a spare television. Mine pulls dual duty. I watch cable and then switch to HDMI for computer work, when I get bored.

Second hand is fine, just bring your laptop and connect. Check classified ads on Thai Visa.

Perhaps somebody in your area is leaving. Also, check pawn shops. They usually only accept working models of recent vintage

You are welcome.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 2

Why limit yourself with a computer "monitor".

Go ahead and get a second hand flat screen TV with HDMI and VGA capabilities. Go 36 inch. That is what I use.

Second hand is fine, just bring your laptop and connect. Check classified ads on Thai Visa.

Perhaps somebody in your area is leaving. Also, check pawn shops. They usually only accept working models of recent vintage

You are welcome.

That's what I did. It's great. I can read the news without my reading glasses. smile.png

• Like 1

Why limit yourself with a computer "monitor".

Go ahead and get a second hand flat screen TV with HDMI and VGA capabilities. Go 36 inch. That is what I use.

You are welcome.

That's what I did. It's great. I can read the news without my reading glasses. smile.png

Do that myself...

good thinking. And you can hook any laptop to it in the future.

Zeer Rangsit have a number of shops selling used computers and parts. I thought there were still second hand monitor shops at Panthip, but out of the big IT malls Zeer is the best to go for anything secondhand.

While they don't have any listed on their website, this place along with half a dozen others do sell larger sized monitors, I've seen Dell 23" there this week. Give them a ring to check before making a trip out there. Warranty will probably be for 30 days only. I have bought a couple of monitors from them before, in very good condition, still running well after two years. They sell ex-office stock, mostly imported from China and Hong Kong I believe, so you will find brands like Dell and Lenovo rather than Samsung or LG.

http://oshicomputer.com/index.php?route=common/home

New 24" at JIB start from 4000 but Dell will cost more than that.

4th level of FORTUNE TOWER (Rama 9 MRT) on the TESCO end of the building has a number of 2nd hand computer retailers with decent inventory of computers, monitors and peripherals. Near the rotunda.

Edited by dddave

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately my graphics card cannot take a 4K display so I have no reason for a flat screen tv (don't need the extra screen size if the resolution is not higher).

I went to Pantip today and retract my earlier statement about the monitor prices. They are cheap. Small stores have them for about 4600 baht on average. The cheapest place I found them was at IT city, the big store on the top/fourth floor (it's the only store on the fourth floor). They had one model for 4000 baht, which translates to $122!

I didn't buy it, because I was able to get my monitor fixed for 700 baht. The guy asked 1200, I told him the other place would do it for 600, he then offered 700 and I said yes. Came back an hour later and it was as good as new.

I actually want to secondary monitor, but the other reason I didn't buy the 4,000 baht monitor at IT City was because it was 1080P. I like 1200p (1920x1200 screen size) for the extra 120 pixels of vertical space. IT city didn't have a single model, it seemed hard to find them in general. If anyone knows a good place please let me know.

I also need a 1,920x1,200 monitor for a specific reason. but most new LED monitors are 16:9, that is 1,920x1,080 resolution. there are few Dell monitors are 16:10, at 1,920x1,200 resolution. but they are far from the region of THB4,000. other pro monitors also 16:10, starting from THBxx,000.

if 1,920x1,200 is a must criteria, you may consider a second hand monitor. some are really not bad.

• Like 1

I also need a 1,920x1,200 monitor for a specific reason. but most new LED monitors are 16:9, that is 1,920x1,080 resolution. there are few Dell monitors are 16:10, at 1,920x1,200 resolution. but they are far from the region of THB4,000. other pro monitors also 16:10, starting from THBxx,000.

if 1,920x1,200 is a must criteria, you may consider a second hand monitor. some are really not bad.

Good information, I check bahtsold.com every month or so but the traffic volume is scant. Are there any other good options for shopping used? My Thai is minimal to nonexistent.

Good information, I check bahtsold.com every month or so but the traffic volume is scant. Are there any other good options for shopping used? My Thai is minimal to nonexistent.

as others suggested, you may hang around at Fortune Tower or Pantip for the used monitor. 24-inch is not often available, it is by chance. seeing is believing, better check the item at shop, with some familiar pictures in your USB drive, then you could see the display quality on spot.