Norwegian arrested for criminal damage of ATM in Jomtien

webfact

He was probably frustrated over the current rate between the Norwegian Krona and Thai Baht.....this is of real concern !

The Scandinavian currencies has fallen substantially within the last year.....I can understand the Norwegian guys frustration !!!

I totally agree with you. sadly the Thai government seems to want more of these types arriving . It seems to be getting worse by the year as more and more obnoxious and drunk foreigners flood into Thailand. I would be willing to pay much more for my visas if they would take serious steps on not allowing many in. They make it far too easy for scum like this guy and foreign criminals in.

These nasty foreigners’ incidents like this are teaching Thai kids all the evils of the West’s money for nothing attitude sooner we clamp down on violent cheating scamming foreign arrivals the better get the numbers down to a few hundred thousand foreign tourists arrivals per year it will be much better for Thailand’s culture and peaceful way of life.

how much damage and you do to an ATM? really?

It depends on what weapons you are wielding.

In 2010 the redshirts played up in Chiang Mai, closed Nawarat Bridge with a pile of burning tires and I saw a red attacking the ATM in front of the Bangkok Bank in Thapae Road with a sledge hammer. The ATM lost that fight and was removed from service.

Funny, there were police everywhere that day but did not see the red arrested.

Times have changed. biggrin.png

Seriously? How non-political does a thread have to before the whole yellow/red shirt issue not brought up?! Apparently there is no limit....

• Like 1

how much damage and you do to an ATM? really?

Exactly how much damage can you do to an ATM machine ? without hurting yourself ? it always gets me why these people cannot go to a hotel to change money if the machine is not working ? what an ASS ! he deserves to be locked in a cell with 2 horny ladyboys and see how much damage they can do ! mind you afterwards they would be demanding money from this norwegian ATM !

Norway has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, but yet we read all these stories about Norwegians arrested in Thailand. The clever Norwegians have exported them all to Thailand!

Don't believe everything you read. Oslo has the highest crime rate in Scandinavia, and one of the highest in Europe, mainly thanks to the immigrants.

• 1 month later...

I once had my card running deep up in an ATM on Silom. At the moment I was waiting there was a lightning strike nearby, power spike and the machine went blank. Waited for power to return, but no card or moneys of course. Contacted bank, no loss no problem.