4.5 hours waiting in line for a 30 days extension! simply scandalous!

I had a tourist visa extended. everybody had to wait at least 4 hours(and this is every day like that) . hiring a guy to do the job for you is illegal as you must present yourself in person.

anyway something is wrong there, where all these people come from? it was not so busy before.

people like thailand and they are back !!

be happy !!

I did a 30 day extension last week at jomtien, turned up at 10.30am and the lady told me to come back at 12.30pm because it was busy, I went and had a full English, went back at 11.30am, I was walking back out within an hour with 30 extra days, no complaints here.

• Like 1

At Korat Immigration one official had to plough through either a Japanese /Korean application written in Japanese or Korean he tried to get it sorted although it took him a very long time but why not insist that applications not in English, German or French or other languages they are familiar with be either translated or they report to Bangkok Immigation

In Phuket Town it is always about 45 minutes. We have never had a problem in the 10 years - and maybe 12 times - we have been for the 30 day extension.

Sorry to hear of it, our guys here are smiling and efficient - and the Farang (in uniform) is a Great Help too. And I have seen some rude people there - usually Russkis.

• Like 1

I do say we need to get to the bottom of this...Why this is simply unheard of... simply impossible to even contemplate. This matter must not be ignored. This action had my colonial panties in a bunch...here here I say. Stop this nonsense at once.

Today i was 8.30 at Korat Immigration. 9.15 my number was called. That poor guy had to doo for my: change visa into my new passport - new yearly retirement visa - one reentry and 90 days. It took him exactly 3 hours for all of this. I had all the paperwork prepared.

His english was hopeless and he made many mistakes and had to start again and again because the controlling officer was not happy with his work....

I was very happy that he made 15 min overtime before he went to lunchtime.....

Well you could have sat there and enjoyed yourself for 4 hours instead of whining about it. Up to you

Exactly! Because there is simply no place better to enjoy oneself in Thailand then crammed in a ridiculously mismanaged immigration office where one has to waste half a day. Not to mention, at CW in BKK, sometimes there is not even enough seats to accommodate everyone.

I think it is all in where you choose to live and report.

My last two 90 reports were a good deal less than two minutes in and out of the front door!

The average would be lower, but on my last visit I took a few seconds longer to tell them what a great job they did and how remarkably fast and efficient they were.

Then again..there is nothing like "Walking Street " here in Esaan!

Disneyland has long lines too!

We all make our choices!

Edited by willyumiii

simply scandalous ! it's just not right ..... now put your dummy back in ...

just get the Thai Elite card and forget about your problems .. !! no reporting ... no farang ... no issue ....

just piece of mind !! ...... coffee1.gif

YES!!! That's it! Rarely we see quality posting like yours. Thank you so much.

Seriously - it looks like they are trying to sell Thailand Elite visas by making life difficult for everyone else. A bit like airlines that punish passengers who don't pay for special seating, by putting them next to the toilet in seats that back on to the bulkhead and can't recline.

Thailand Elite visas are well worth thinking about - mainly because visa hassles are a thing of the past, but you also get lots of other stuff too, like a great set of privilege luggage tags that will set the neighbours chins wagging.

Thailand Elite visas are well worth thinking about - mainly because visa hassles are a thing of the past, but you also get lots of other stuff too, like a great set of privilege luggage tags that will set the neighbours chins wagging.

Yes proper luggage tagging is important but you're forgetting the most important privilege - boasting. Look at the like of some TV members here on the dedicated threads. If I ever will adopt a "TE card" lifestyle I hope I'll have better way to kill time rather than posting an internet forum :)

I was thinking about the elite card right after I left the immigration. but com'on! 500'000 baths, no way!! I m already a VIP in Thailand ! smile.png

Perhaps in your own mind, only! LOL Otherwise why did they make you wait, when they saw it was you?

P,S. Monday & Fridays are bad at immigration offices, everywhere.