Any restaurant for sale?

Cheftalk

I am looking to buy or rent restaurant in Pattaya,would also consider a partnership with the right person.

Myself having hospitality background

Would mean I work hands on and train the local staff.

The restaurant has to be European

But not fine dining.

Please leave your email and I will reply for any good leads.

• Like 1

Good luck. Never had the balls to do a restaurant. First you want to get enough people...so you advertise like crazy....then too many people come and you don't have enough staff or tables or chefs etc...so then no one comes and your stuck at square one again. SO hard to get right. i prefer easily scaleable business. But what do i know...

Good luck. Never had the balls to do a restaurant. First you want to get enough people...so you advertise like crazy....then too many people come and you don't have enough staff or tables or chefs etc...so then no one comes and your stuck at square one again. SO hard to get right. i prefer easily scaleable business. But what do i know...

What do you know?

By this post not a lot

• Like 1

I would never open a restaurant to make profit, I would do it only to cove expenses and have my own place to eat with friends.

Any business that is "seen" and can be found in Thailand is a problem, anything online can make a lot more money and has no risk to be caught or even pay tax...

So, yes, open a restaurant but forget your quiet life and profits...

• Like 1

I would never open a restaurant to make profit, I would do it only to cove expenses and have my own place to eat with friends.

Any business that is "seen" and can be found in Thailand is a problem, anything online can make a lot more money and has no risk to be caught or even pay tax...

So, yes, open a restaurant but forget your quiet life and profits...

Hi there:

Can you point me in the right direction "online-business", please. Regards MS>

• Like 1

IMHO a restaurant as mentioned by the OP is a place of 13 in a dozen; European food, mediocre, not too fancy.

If you really would like to open something long-lasting and maybe even profitable then you should think of concepts like Mata Hari, Bruno's, News Cafe, Casa Pascal, etc.

Why NOT to run a restaurant:

1 Long hours

2 Have to work weekends / Bank holidays

3 Unreliable staff

4 Unhappy customers No matter how good you are

5 Enforcing hygiene standards including cleaning

6 Difficulty in finding good staff

7 High rents or ever increasing rents

8 Finding decent suppliers

9 Dealing with nearly everything yourself

10 Stress and continuous hassle associated with above

I could go on but WHY would you want to give yourself the pain?

And in THAILAND you can multiply most of these several times over.

• Like 2

Chaiyapoon's item 6 and 7 are most important.

There is no such thing as loyal Thai staff.

And yes, once the landlord supposes huge successes he will adjust the rent and or the key money accordingly

I think the reason why most restaurants fail is, after a lack of sales, the real estate costs.

I know most restaurants are built up using rented premises, but when they are successful, many are up for sale after 2 or 3 years, with 1 or 2 three years options left on the lease.

Looks like Sisyphus' work to me.

I think non-chain restaurants have the best chance to survive if the restaurant owner also owns the premises or if they are at least on a long term lease registered at the land office.

having been involved in two restaurants in the US, blue collar up to excellent steak house, and having been to Thailand and Pattaya over a dozen times over ten years, here is my advice. Buy some dividend paying stocks and bonds instead! If you really want to get involved in Pattaya, then get a place with rooms, a bar etc. You have to get a little complexity in order to make some decent money. However, as others have written, and as I am sure you have a pretty good idea, there are so many headaches there. With the current situation, I think there are just too many bad elements lurking around Pattaya that would be quite a bother to you.

The restaurant market is flooded to full capacity already. You need to be pretty sure of yourself to buy someones failed restaurant here if you are offering non fine dining western food (generic) the same as every other one does.

Don't do it - you will end up paying someone rent money for a year unless you can buy the building its in.

I would not recommend to open a Resto in PTY, particularly as the tourist-landscape is indeed changing significantly, but if you INSIST to do so --->>> GERMAN GARDEN RESTAURANT, Naklua Soi 12, is looking for a successor. They have been operating for 9 years and I am sure you could take over the workforce too if that's what you want.... google for the place or show up in person for further inquiries....

I would not recommend to open a Resto in PTY, particularly as the tourist-landscape is indeed changing significantly, but if you INSIST to do so --->>> GERMAN GARDEN RESTAURANT, Naklua Soi 12, is looking for a successor. They have been operating for 9 years and I am sure you could take over the workforce too if that's what you want.... google for the place or show up in person for further inquiries....

Noooooooooo... the only place in Pattaya where I can get decent grilled pork knuckles !

The grilled chicken is good too!

:cry:

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

The restaurant market is flooded to full capacity already. You need to be pretty sure of yourself to buy someones failed restaurant here if you are offering non fine dining western food (generic) the same as every other one does.

Don't do it - you will end up paying someone rent money for a year unless you can buy the building its in.

Every restaurateur in Pattaya will tell you that... and they are probably right, but there again if you have something different and original you may just make a gold mine.

Every restaurateur in Pattaya will tell you that... and they are probably right, but there again if you have something different and original you may just make a gold mine.

There is no secret - even in a saturated market, restaurants which consistently deliver good quality and an enjoyable experience for cheap will be successful with locals (and I personally believe being in control of the premises either through ownership or a long term lease is essential).

Of course there is also some space on the market for expensive high quality restaurants.

Other restaurants are tourist traps, i.e. they can be successful by getting the location, aspect/appeal and marketing right, but customers will just eat there one time, anyway only a small fraction of tourists would come back once or twice during their holidays. These restaurants can tend to close up after a year or two, be for sale, etc. Often located on prime real estate, they also are easy prey for higher rents.

Restaurants that are somewhere between the two are IMO doomed to fail.

Edited by manarak