Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, carmine said:

But it kind of completely true isn't it.  Banal quips about Spurs or irrelevant posts about City on our thread....no actually it is pointing out the situation as it is.  I'm afraid posts tripe like "where do you think Spurs will finish" two <deleted> weeks before the season has even started is one of two things. its either a blatant troll post or its just posting for the sake of it.  See he's started early this morning too...lol

To be fair carms, if there was someone going on like him in a bar then he would eventually be told to shut up, just a shame it doesn't work on here ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, carmine said:

And the point that they completely overlook is that when they buy the strengthen because they don't need to sell.

Other clubs, like us, need to sell before we buy.  However, the crux of it is that the players you need to sell have to be the players that other clubs want to buy.  A point well made recently.

(I tried to explain this point in relation to Liverpool as a prime example but apparently this isn't acceptable presumably because City are still sore at being knocked out of the CL by them.  But at the end of the day the Coutinho money plus a handy 12.5m for Ward paid for vVD and Allison whether these same dissenters care to admit it or not.  City, Chelsea and United simply don't have this problem)

<deleted> I'm sick  of repeating myself - and i think i speak here for MrBj as well - we have no problem  with liverpool  or any other club spending heaps of money or breaking spending records (so not sure why you bring up CL game - misunderstanding  on your part again) but it is the hypocrisy  we rile against - someone else buys = ok to good

City buy = ruining the game 

Do you understand  yet Carmine?

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

<deleted> I'm sick  of repeating myself - and i think i speak here for MrBj as well - we have no problem  with liverpool  or any other club spending heaps of money or breaking spending records (so not sure why you bring up CL game - misunderstanding  on your part again) but it is the hypocrisy  we rile against - someone else buys = ok to good

I do have to laugh when the deadly duo mention this, when City have broke the record for the most money spent on players in the history of the Premiership !

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I see Poch is all relaxed about our transfer business.

Who is the player you'd really like to see come in then?

Anyone says Grealish by the way gets added to my iggy list. :biggrin:

Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid.  Deep laying playmaker and central midfielder.  

i suppose i would also have to say De Ligt from Ajax but that ain't happening.

Getting those two would represent a terrific tw.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Juan Foyth has a knee injury.  Onomah is injured.  Harry Winks still not fit enough to be included into the equation.

Then theres players that need resting and might miss the start of the season.  Lloris out is no problem because we have the very reliable Form.  Or Gazzinga for that matter but were looking a very unsettled and thin off the ground squad at this moment in time, with our first league game in 17 days

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

Juan Foyth has a knee injury.  Onomah is injured.  Harry Winks still not fit enough to be included into the equation.

Then theres players that need resting and might miss the start of the season.  Lloris out is no problem because we have the very reliable Form.  Or Gazzinga for that matter but were looking a very unsettled and thin off the ground squad at this moment in time, with our first league game in 17 days

Basically no one is going to get an extended break because of this.....it will likely affect us throughout the season with niggling injuries unless we can get new faces in.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Basically no one is going to get an extended break because of this.....it will likely affect us throughout the season with niggling injuries unless we can get new faces in.

Who knows what is going to happen with Alderweirald and listening to Mourinho's dour negative press conference the other day, that was enough to put anyone off going there.  <deleted>, he's already trying to lower expectations and conducting his annual "the fixture list is not fair on us"

If Martial isn't thrown into the deal i'd consider this one non starter.  

Edited by carmine

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Who knows what is going to happen with Alderweirald and listening to Mourinho's dour negative press conference the other day, that was enough to put anyone off going there.  <deleted>, he's already trying to lower expectations and conducting his annual "the fixture list is not fair on us"

Surely United fans must know he's a two season manager?

I reckon Alderweriald will stay carms since no one is going to stump up the readies and Ajax have already stated De Ligt isn't going anywhere....25m next summer and we shell out on De Ligt then is my guess.

Edit: Can we just stick to calling him Toby? :biggrin:

Edited by RonniePickering22

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I reckon Alderweriald will stay carms since no one is going to stump up the readies and Ajax have already stated De Ligt isn't going anywhere....25m next summer and we shell out on De Ligt then is my guess.

Edit: Can we just stick to calling him Toby? :biggrin:

Levy must be doing his slow motion lever pushing in the background. I can't believe he made promises to Pochy about spending money, only to leave him high and dry. I expect some incoming and outgoing deals before too long.

It does look like the Martial/Toby "exchange" is dead in the water.

I do admire the fact that both Levy and Pochy keep a tight lid on transfer talk. Frustrating maybe for Spurs fans, but a good way to go about things.

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Levy must be doing his slow motion lever pushing in the background. I can't believe he made promises to Pochy about spending money, only to leave him high and dry. I expect some incoming and outgoing deals before too long.

It does look like the Martial/Toby "exchange" is dead in the water.

I do admire the fact that both Levy and Pochy keep a tight lid on transfer talk. Frustrating maybe for Spurs fans, but a good way to go about things.

The general fans theory is based on us needing to sell before we buy and the whole thing frozen because he's asking too much for the departing players.

Whatever the outcome i don't like this late in the window business and i think its counter productive to any title challenge.  We might sign Barrios, Grealish but if that was it i'd feel very underwhelmed.  

I'm already having to come to terms with being another lost opportunity season but as a Spurs fan i have to remain eternally optimistic!!

Regarding keeping a tight lid on transfer talk i think the lesson was learned when Mourinho gazumped us just before Willian was to take his medical, although he's not much better than average as his stats for goals and assists attests to.  Its a true reflection of the current transfer that they've been offered over 50m for him and are holding out for more because he's really not very good.  Wouldn't get anywhere near a City starting eleven

Edited by carmine

38 minutes ago, carmine said:

The general fans theory is based on us needing to sell before we buy and the whole thing frozen because he's asking too much for the departing players.

Whatever the outcome i don't like this late in the window business and i think its counter productive to any title challenge.  We might sign Barrios, Grealish but if that was it i'd feel very underwhelmed.  

I'm already having to come to terms with being another lost opportunity season but as a Spurs fan i have to remain eternally optimistic!!

Regarding keeping a tight lid on transfer talk i think the lesson was learned when Mourinho gazumped us just before Willian was to take his medical, although he's not much better than average as his stats for goals and assists attests to.  Its a true reflection of the current transfer that they've been offered over 50m for him and are holding out for more because he's really not very good.  Wouldn't get anywhere near a City starting eleven

I understand the trepidation !! Well, I'll be surprised if Levy doesn't bring in one or two quality footballers. A pacey, legit winger who can finish would be at the top of my list. The current crew just don't create enough havoc in the final third. Son can't do all that by himself.

Word out of Argentina is that Boca are trying to convince Barrios to wait until January. They want him for the Libertadores competition.

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I understand the trepidation !! Well, I'll be surprised if Levy doesn't bring in one or two quality footballers. A pacey, legit winger who can finish would be at the top of my list. The current crew just don't create enough havoc in the final third. Son can't do all that by himself.

Word out of Argentina is that Boca are trying to convince Barrios to wait until January. They want him for the Libertadores competition.

Yes i've heard similar sounding about that one.  Its certainly more than gossip.  Not sure we can wait till january tbh.  

Martial would have really worked for us.  I think Pochettino would get a lot more of him than Mourinho.

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes i've heard similar sounding about that one.  Its certainly more than gossip.  Not sure we can wait till january tbh.  

Martial would have really worked for us.  I think Pochettino would get a lot more of him than Mourinho.

Give Lucas Moura more starts; he looks useful .

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Fewer minutes for Martial so Mourinho can't really rate him, right ? Even so, he doesn't want Martial going to another EPL club. Leads me to believe Mourinho wants to avoid another KDB and Salah embarrassment. Better Martial makes it big in France or Italy.:thumbsup:

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Give Lucas Moura more starts; he looks useful .

He will start in Son'd absense at the Asian games and thats his big opportunity.  Only been used as an impact sub so far but from what i've seen so far theres a lot of potential.

He'll probably start against Roma today.

18 hours ago, jellydog said:

Fewer minutes for Martial so Mourinho can't really rate him, right ? Even so, he doesn't want Martial going to another EPL club. Leads me to believe Mourinho wants to avoid another KDB and Salah embarrassment. Better Martial makes it big in France or Italy.:thumbsup:

I think you are right here.  He's thinking "not another of my rejects becoming world class!!  Interestingly i read this morning that Martial has unexpectedly left their tour to return for the birth of his kid.  Either way, he quite obviously doesn't want to play for Mourinho.  

btw, don't forget he mugged off Lukaku, only to have to buy him back when at United for a cool 90m.  But apparently theres a bigger picture here according to some chav fans though quite what that is i shudder to think!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If you believed all of the rumours half of our team would now be playing for Madrid!!

Flattering however. 

Another day.....and nothing happened yet again....terrific.

Of all those rumored Lloris at 60m is the one i would miss least.  He's been a greater performer but prone to the howler and  Vorm has always looked extremely reliable, which is probably why he's been awarded a new contract.

Edited by carmine

26 minutes ago, carmine said:

Of all those rumored Lloris at 60m is the one i would miss least.  He's been a greater performer but prone to the howler and  Vorm has always looked extremely reliable, which is probably why he's been awarded a new contract.

Joe Hart is available Carms.

32 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Joe Hart is available Carms.

Haha, i think we'll pass. I think he's been spoken harshly about for quite a while now, but we'll pass.   Seriously though, Vorm's been really solid, he's very experienced and when Lloris was out for a month injured Vorm performed well enough not to have been dropped.  We also have Gazzingha as 3rd choice and he's no slouch either.  Couldn't care less about the Lloris rumors.

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

Haha, i think we'll pass. I think he's been spoken harshly about for quite a while now, but we'll pass.   Seriously though, Vorm's been really solid, he's very experienced and when Lloris was out for a month injured Vorm performed well enough not to have been dropped.  We also have Gazzingha as 3rd choice and he's no slouch either.  Couldn't care less about the Lloris rumors.

Can't say I put much stock in the Lloris to Madrid rumors. As you say he has been increasingly prone to howlers recently.

33 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just seen a tweet saying we should go "all out" to get Martial or Pulisic.

One of those is a top quality player....the other likes his hairspray and aftershave.

That reminds me of a quote by the great Casey Stengel.

quote-see-that-fella-over-there-he-s-20-years-old-in-10-years-he-s-got-a-chance-to-be-a-star-casey-stengel-78-23-75.jpg

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just seen a tweet saying we should go "all out" to get Martial or Pulisic.

One of those is a top quality player....the other likes his hairspray and aftershave.

I did say months ago martial would be a great addition.

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Seems like every day is a slow news day, Ronnie.:biggrin:

On this thread it is in transfer window.

Yes we'll buy Martial and offer him 60k a week...that will work.

Ferkin press need shooting....even more than self style itk's.