Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Very lucky point yesterday. Pienaar for me was a positive especially if Gareth is going to be out for a while, although Cudicini, whilst he made a couple of fine saves, never looks comfortable commanding the box and his distribution is simply dreadful. One thing for sure is that if we dont buy a top class striker we won't stay in the top four. I thought we lacked a cutting edge, were frequently lost for ideas, (even though Modric excellent again and lennon definately on the way back to form) and why did we have to wait until the last fifteen minutes to get the intensity of our play up to the level it needed to be. At the end of the day Toon are not a very good side and they gave us the run around for 30 minutes of the second half.

At the end of the day Toon are not a very good side and they gave us the run around for 30 minutes of the second half.

Even with the spine of the team out theve got a fairly good team, best ive seen in a while ... Enrique would get in a top 3 side no problem, Barton is showing how good he was at City as a youngen and is playing out of his skin, Collocini was man of the match as he has been class recently, Williamson is looking like the best million we've spent in a long time, Nolan is doing a cracking job for an average player and Guitterez runs round like a headless chicken causing problems, Apart from Simpson, Best and Ameobi and the out of form Guthrie theyre a good team ... When Taylor, Tiotte, Carroll and Ben Arfa are back theyve a 1-11 that could give anyone a even game.

The only times we werent giving you the runaround was when you threw everything forward and you were unbelievably lucky not to have gone 2 or 3 down at that point.

At the end of the day Toon are not a very good side and they gave us the run around for 30 minutes of the second half.

Even with the spine of the team out theve got a fairly good team, best ive seen in a while ... Enrique would get in a top 3 side no problem, Barton is showing how good he was at City as a youngen and is playing out of his skin, Collocini was man of the match as he has been class recently, Williamson is looking like the best million we've spent in a long time, Nolan is doing a cracking job for an average player and Guitterez runs round like a headless chicken causing problems, Apart from Simpson, Best and Ameobi and the out of form Guthrie theyre a good team ... When Taylor, Tiotte, Carroll and Ben Arfa are back theyve a 1-11 that could give anyone a even game.

The only times we werent giving you the runaround was when you threw everything forward and you were unbelievably lucky not to have gone 2 or 3 down at that point.

i did'nt realise you are a geordie.....

As i said, you are not a very good side, but you have the makings of one, just as Spurs do. But, well played yesterday.

Edited by carmine

As i said, you are not a very good side, but you have the makings of one, just as Spurs do. But, well played yesterday.

How dare you speak praise & tell the truth about the opposition Smokes..:D

Physioroom is notiously not the greatest info Chaps, just to let you know..

How dare you speak praise & tell the truth about the opposition Smokes..:D

Physioroom is notiously not the greatest info Chaps, just to let you know..

Smokes??????? Physioroom????? Are you ok singher???????

Smokes??????? Physioroom????? Are you ok singher???????

I must have had smokie on the brain actually, i thought it was him writing when it was Englander, shouldn't have really expected smokes to write sense like that & should have noticed it wasn't him before replying, my bad..:D

Physioroom yeah, it was linked a few Posts ^^ up..

Sh*t Site, don't take much notice of it..

Look out you Spurs. Newcastle Bolton and Stoke are on your tails now. Should be ok though - 8 points difference is a bit of an uphill task isn't it?

i dont think its the fact that the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton, Stoke and maybe a couple more can catch up with the spuds. more so, are the boys from WHL going to fall back to the pack ? whistling.gifbiggrin.gif

if that be the case, shouldn't we make the other thread top 8 predictions to accommodate for our friends from N 17. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Look out you Spurs. Newcastle Bolton and Stoke are on your tails now. Should be ok though - 8 points difference is a bit of an uphill task isn't it?

i dont think its the fact that the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton, Stoke and maybe a couple more can catch up with the spuds. more so, are the boys from WHL going to fall back to the pack ? whistling.gifbiggrin.gif

if that be the case, shouldn't we make the other thread top 8 predictions to accommodate for our friends from N 17. laugh.gif

This is unimportant to us. We finish top four come May or we don't......and if we don't bring in a new face to score some goals then we won't. Simple as that. ;)

Edited by smokie36

Thought that generally we were the better team against Newcastle, but in the end a draw was a fair result. One thing that i did notice and cant work out, is why the fuc van der man takes the free kicks and corners, Ive yet to see him deliver a decent % of corners and or from and threaten from numerous free kics, shirley he's better deployed to react to the knock downs and gen scraps in and around the box, that 4 me is what a good part of his game is about, better u get a grip on him ari boy.

I really like the reports on Sky Sports that Tottenham are looking to bring back Paul Robinson. Never should have left in the first place. Nice bit of business that by Comolli. The tit went and spent 8.5m on a keeper that was'nt as good as Robbo. :blink:

I really like the reports on Sky Sports that Tottenham are looking to bring back Paul Robinson. Never should have left in the first place. Nice bit of business that by Comolli. The tit went and spent 8.5m on a keeper that was'nt as good as Robbo. :blink:

You don't rate Hilarious then Carmine, nor the best Substitute GK in the World ??

You don't rate Hilarious then Carmine, nor the best Substitute GK in the World ??

Hilarious plays for Chelsea and Cudicini was <deleted> from the first moment he played for us and we've said none different.

Gomez on the other hand is a great shot stopper but is eccentric. he also struggles with crosses and in all the time that he's been with us Tony Parks has failed to cure the problem so he's always going to be a liability in this area, which i think you'll agree is a fairly major part of a keepers responsibilities.

Another great "Comolli find"....known across europe already ;) and through the negotiating skills displayed by Damien we paid over the odds for him. :( You could'nt write it. :lol:

OK carmine my feeling is we won't be buying anyone. It seems ridiculous to me that the wage structure can't be broken to bring in a striker but that's the way its staying for now. 'Arry singing from the 'stadium aint big enough' nonsense doesn't help.

Yeah we'll take the CL money and look for a bargain striker or two in the summer.

Given that we should focus on at least some silverware this season....and I can't see us beating Barca in the final.....not even with monkey boy scoring his usual hat-trick etc....:D

OK carmine my feeling is we won't be buying anyone. It seems ridiculous to me that the wage structure can't be broken to bring in a striker but that's the way its staying for now. 'Arry singing from the 'stadium aint big enough' nonsense doesn't help.

Yeah we'll take the CL money and look for a bargain striker or two in the summer.

Given that we should focus on at least some silverware this season....and I can't see us beating Barca in the final.....not even with monkey boy scoring his usual hat-trick etc....:D

God forbid, i hope you are wrong otherwise all that was achieved last season and in the CL this season thus far will be nothing more than a flash in the pan.

Quite how that scrotum faced old crook can bark on about a strikers wages when we are carrying the deadwood wages we are defies belief. The truth is that he's spent an aweful lot, the wage bill is massively, and more importantly, unecessesarily way too high. We can afford and should have no quarms about paying the wages for a marquee striker signing, having already taken Crouch, Keane (140k per week combined :o ) O'Hara, Kranjcar, on our our many right backs :rolleyes: and probably a couple more aswell. Is King ever going to play more than a handful of games? I doubt it, and he's the highest paid player at the club i think!! :whistling:

The sooner Redknapp is sent down or gets the England job the better. I've long said he's taken us as far as he can anyway. I'd rather get a much younger guy in a see what he can do with the young talented squad we have.

Edited by carmine

God forbid, i hope you are wrong otherwise all that was achieved last season and in the CL this season thus far will be nothing more than a flash in the pan.

Quite how that scrotum faced old crook can bark on about a strikers wages when we are carrying the deadwood wages we are defies belief. The truth is that he's spent an aweful lot, the wage bill is massively, and more importantly, unecessesarily way too high. We can afford and should have no quarms about paying the wages for a marquee striker signing, having already taken Crouch, Keane (140k per week combined :o ) O'Hara, Kranjcar, on our our many right backs :rolleyes: and probably a couple more aswell. Is King ever going to play more than a handful of games? I doubt it, and he's the highest paid player at the club i think!! :whistling:

The sooner Redknapp is sent down or gets the England job the better. I've long said he's taken us as far as he can anyway. I'd rather get a much younger guy in a see what he can do with the young talented squad we have.

We should have bought Suarez three weeks ago. He bottled it and now the scousers will be looking to push on. Its fcukin depressing.

3 nil down after 25 mins 2 day,. We've witnessed great comebacks by spurs this season but today I really cant see one happening. We are all over the place defensively abso shocking and offer no threat up front..

3 nil down after 25 mins 2 day,. We've witnessed great comebacks by spurs this season but today I really cant see one happening. We are all over the place defensively abso shocking and offer no threat up front..

I left the pub at 4-0 down after 60mins. Watching Crouch coming on for Defoe was more than I could bear anyway.

Worst performance I can remember in a long time.....thank <deleted> its only the FA Cup........:(

I left the pub at 4-0 down after 60mins. Watching Crouch coming on for Defoe was more than I could bear anyway.

Worst performance I can remember in a long time.....thank <deleted> its only the FA Cup........:(

Oh well, look on the brightside, if the Mong Boy was fit you might have only lost 4-3 & it could have been another one of your great comebacks..:D

Now what was it Mancini said about him again ??

I left the pub at 4-0 down after 60mins.

Best support in London, innit Alf ?? :D

More like expensive beer singher....:o

Aye we were <deleted> an all......:(

Brightened my day when the Keane signing was announced though....:D

£10million Parker bid rejected

Filed: Sunday, 30th January 2011

By: Staff Writer

West Ham are said to have rejected a bid from Tottenham for vice-captain Scott Parker.

The combative midfielder has long been linked with a move to north London, with Harry Redknapp long known as a keen admirer.

However West Ham's board appear determined to stand by their previous statement that Parker - who recently signed a new five year contract - would not be allowed to leave the club.

Spurs' £10million bid is said to have come after they agreed to loan Robbie Keane to the Hammers. They had previously offered Keane plus £2million for the 30-year-old former Charlton player - a bid that was rejected outright.

We'll have more for you on this story as it happens...

oh well

I left the pub at 4-0 down after 60mins.

Best support in London, innit Alf ?? :D

i hope you pished yourself whilst staggering home :D

Hibees got beat again today I see...meanwhile......staggering? nah disgusted yeah ok....

You'll both be familiar with that no doubt. ;)

sing, dont you reckon they are tied up as it is what with the benzema signature , an all that

:yellowcard: Transfer window aint closed yet and now we got rid of one of our useless strikers.....:header:

youve been drinking today smokes, havent you :)

being up front, dont see you spuds achieving anything despite all that promise.