Tottenham Thread

chonabot

wouldn't it be quicker and easier all round if they just gave united an extra six points and the start of the season and cancelled the bi-annual spurs rolling over?

Bit unkind they did beat United in 2001 same scoreline ironically. Giggs and Scholes played in that match too.

25 matches and 11 years since spurs last beat united apparently? for a club of spurs' stature and ambition that's pathetic to be honest.

is there really the need to rub salt into wound? sighhhhhh

or whatever it is you say in english....

(although it has smokie sighing.....thats a sight to see :lol: )

is there really the need to rub salt into wound? sighhhhhh

or whatever it is you say in english....

(although it has smokie sighing.....thats a sight to see laugh.png )

You know migsy you shouldn't be so smug.

The main difference between our clubs and the top two is the squad strength. Our first eleven are good enough but yesterday, with bale out, we were out of shape. Of course 'Arry got the tactics wrong and shouldn't have played two up front or Modric on the left. Same story when Lennon doesn't play. Add to this our poor quality of strikers besides Adebayor and we fell short.

Your side is in worse shape than ours, as is Chelsea's, probably best placed right now squad wise are the scousers sad to say.

We need three or four players in the summer if we are to continue our progression.

Of course 'Arry got the tactics wrong and shouldn't have played two up front or Modric on the left. Same story when Lennon doesn't play. Add to this our poor quality of strikers besides Adebayor and we fell short.

interesting point that and redknapp started the same 4-4-2 against united which failed so badly at arsenal last week. stupid that. reckon he's maybe not 100% focused on the job at hand?

smug? smug??

alright then

no more sympathy from me!

i hope you suffer the worse hangover and your eyes swell up from all the crying

and that the others rub sea salt in to your wounds every 5 minutes

better?

Of course 'Arry got the tactics wrong and shouldn't have played two up front or Modric on the left. Same story when Lennon doesn't play. Add to this our poor quality of strikers besides Adebayor and we fell short.

interesting point that and redknapp started the same 4-4-2 against united which failed so badly at arsenal last week. stupid that. reckon he's maybe not 100% focused on the job at hand?

I don't reckon that's it. Injuries are forcing his hand to an extent but we simply lack covering wingers. Its unbalancing the side this as a result. We need the threat from both sides, especially when playing strikers of Saha or Defoe's quality. They are simply not good enough against Man Utd.

C'mon you Spurs was that the best you could do?

For what's touted as the best league in the world it really is getting boring and annoying to see the same team win the league almost every season. Hope City can hold 'em off, and other teams can do better than Tottenham did today!

For what's touted as the best league in the world it really is getting boring and annoying to see the same team win the league almost every season. Hope City can hold 'em off, and other teams can do better than Tottenham did today!

notwithstanding that spurs always bend over and show their welcoming bottoms to united, i genuinely think that giggs late winner against norwich last week is going to be looked back on as the moment united won the league this season.

it's not the 'best league in the world' anyway. that is spain, clearly. and this season's CL has shown italy and france also gaining on over-hyped england.

notwithstanding that spurs always bend over and show their welcoming bottoms to united, i genuinely think that giggs late winner against norwich last week is going to be looked back on as the moment united won the league this season.

it's not the 'best league in the world' anyway. that is spain, clearly. and this season's CL has shown italy and france also gaining on over-hyped england.

Do you think team to team that Spain is better than England, Stevie?

The two best are better than the best in England but 20 against 20, who's better?

• Like 1

Disagree stevie. We are talking about the whole league here, not just a couple of the top Spanish clubs, who are clearly better than ours at the moment. Every Saudi I know, who watches football, follow the whole Premier League but only watch the odd La Liga game.

• Like 1

Watched a couple of Dutch league matches at the weekend. Good quality football....send a Scottish delegation over there sharpish!!

A blueprint for small countries to follow I think.

English football is better on the eye for me at least...the Spanish game is a bit too clinical for my tastes.

I loved the north east derby for instance...

Well like most on here i wasn't surprised by the result. sorry but Saha just aint up to it, he's playing the same line as adeboy, without the extra graft or the goal threat that adeboy gives , doesnt drop off and in general is to predictable, v v easy meat , played right into Evans and ferdi static old style c/b partnership and made them look extra special, when we all know they aint. Aris attitude, after listening to his interview was well we were doin ok why change it, well the facts were, we could have changed and improved it, but sometimes ari's far 2 old school, Anyway, We huffed and puffed, thought that sandro and livermore did a good job even though sandro looked a yard short of what he was early season,, NO RESERVE games!!! We really tried, but to be honest there was hardly a moment in the game i was anywhere near convinced that we were going to score, until it was 2 late and our dear sweet ari boy deemed to act, got rid of saha and brought defoe on, he dropped off drew ferdy and evans about a bit and gave us options and stupid as it sound's i had half a feeling we could have pulled a couple bac and then, who knows. But as it was against the arsenal it was 2 late and the game, over and out.

• Like 1

Well like most on here i wasn't surprised by the result. sorry but Saha just aint up to it, he's playing the same line as adeboy, without the extra graft or the goal threat that adeboy gives , doesnt drop off and in general is to predictable, v v easy meat , played right into Evans and ferdi static old style c/b partnership and made them look extra special, when we all know they aint. Aris attitude, after listening to his interview was well we were doin ok why change it, well the facts were, we could have changed and improved it, but sometimes ari's far 2 old school, Anyway, We huffed and puffed, thought that sandro and livermore did a good job even though sandro looked a yard short of what he was early season,, NO RESERVE games!!! We really tried, but to be honest there was hardly a moment in the game i was anywhere near convinced that we were going to score, until it was 2 late and our dear sweet ari boy deemed to act, got rid of saha and brought defoe on, he dropped off drew ferdy and evans about a bit and gave us options and stupid as it sound's i had half a feeling we could have pulled a couple bac and then, who knows. But as it was against the arsenal it was 2 late and the game, over and out.

Spot on rijit. thumbsup.gif

Spain is not the best league at all mate. It has the two best teams and a couple of others that are quite good. Thats it.

• Like 1

Its not about his focus. He just hasn't got a f_ckin clue.

Ah well time for bed,I can sleep safe in the knowledge that the Yids still can't beat Utd.

Yes and i'm hoping Wet Spam Urinated get promoted so we can have some real whipping boys back to improve our goal difference

Not looking good

I know I should want u guys to lose, but well.....

Arsene's got a water bottle he doesn't need at the moment if Arry is looking for something to throw around.

Not needed thanks. For all his faults Redknapp is a sportsman unlike your odious pox of a coach.

Edited by carmine

That victory certainly came at a cost! Dawson out for the season. Gallas probably too. King, well say no more.

We have one fit center back left in the squad as we stand. Oh and Lennon hamstring has gone again.

Well, if we carry on performing like that, IMO, we can kiss goodbye to the champions league next season and this seasons fa cup Ive have to admit that I only watched until shortly after we were 2-1, But We just couldnt cope with anything in the air, any prem team will take advantage <deleted> i thought that was aris big achievement sorting our defence out, seems bac to traditional post mike england spurs defence, actually even he was fragile!!! Any ideas why the sudden reversal? Looks to me like weve got a lot of players that pre season stepped their fitness up and our/their performances showed , but we/they aint got the nous how to keep it going. Ah well, things can only get better, we D ream or hope.

Edited by rijit

Hi guys and gals. Im moving to Bkk next week and was hoping to find a pub where you Tottenham supporters gather to see games. Been supporting Tottenham since 89/90 season. Im from Norway and how I became a Spurs fan is just a fluke. Became a big fan of Gary W. Lineker mid way through the 86 season, but did not have a team at that moment (was only 10 years old then) and since Barcelona was not much on tv in Norway I did not get a special team feeling before he moved back to England and Tottenham. English football has been on tv here since the 70's so now I could follow him every week and since Tottenham also bought Erik Thorstvedt the media started to write more about Tottenham as well. Since then I have had my ups and downs over the years as you guys im sure. This year has been fantastic and I hope to have some good times in a pub in Bangkok to follow them on their way to that third spot.

So do you guys have a regular pub where you gather and watch our mighty spurs?

cheers

We're not in Bangkok much Troyron...but you might try the Crossbar on Soi 23.

Occasionally one of us might be in attendance...whistling.gif

If you're unlucky you might meet a gooner or Man Yoo fan though...

thanks, Ill try it out.

]

If you're unlucky you might meet a gooner

Lol no bs eh?

You are more likely to meet Manu fans I think. And a chain smoking yid :whistling:

Your only credit is that you don't talk as much as the Manu fans :lol:

• Like 1

]

If you're unlucky you might meet a gooner

Lol no bs eh?

You are more likely to meet Manu fans I think. And a chain smoking yid whistling.gif

Your only credit is that you don't talk as much as the Manu fans laugh.png

Don't you worry migsy...I'll be back for our third place celebrations. w00t.gif

Meanwhile I've been looking after your duties on the General forum....biggrin.pngrolleyes.gif

Looks like Gallas is backing training. surely we must be recalling Caulker from Swansea. Theres no way we can rely on the fitness of King and Gallas. Is anyone convinced of Ryan Nelsons general fitness? All a bit worrying at the moment.....

If Redknapp wants the England job he'll be expected to be able to rally this team

Looks like Gallas is backing training. surely we must be recalling Caulker from Swansea. Theres no way we can rely on the fitness of King and Gallas. Is anyone convinced of Ryan Nelsons general fitness? All a bit worrying at the moment.....

If Redknapp wants the England job he'll be expected to be able to rally this team

Gallas must be a little further on than just training, wasn't he on the bench against Stevenage?,recalling caulker would be a good option, but if i recall correctly it was a season long loan and generally they have a no recall clause, But for sure we cant rely on gallas's fitness and please please

i really hope i'm wrong but from what i've seen time injuries ect ect look as thought they are finally catching up with king. ,We seem to be carrying walking wounded at the mo, look at lemen , forget the injury , but he looked out of shape, and when was the last time you saw bale make those runs repeatedly and it was often the fact that he did them repeatability that defences couldn't handle?, ans, not anywhere nearly as often as early season, I reckon he's feeling a touch fragile feeling a hard season of being thuggged up, vdv farts and he pulls his hammy these little things arnt helping us. And as for nelson, hard to tell, he's been out 4 so long, but he's gonna have to do until the end of the season, then if u wanted to be cynical ari's thinking,things he's got to sort close season an aging/unfit c/d defence, a far 2 expensive on loan no 1 striker, an ageing on loan injury prone no 3 striker and a midfield that mostly wants away. If i were ari i think ide want away, then it's someone else's problem, and u can see the headlines

spurs languish as SPURS MISS ARI!!!! <deleted> But hey perhaps i'm being a touch cynical, lets hope so.

Gallas must be a little further on than just training, wasn't he on the bench against Stevenage?,recalling caulker would be a good option, but if i recall correctly it was a season long loan and generally they have a no recall clause, But for sure we cant rely on gallas's fitness and please please

i really hope i'm wrong but from what i've seen time injuries ect ect look as thought they are finally catching up with king. ,We seem to be carrying walking wounded at the mo, look at lemen , forget the injury , but he looked out of shape, and when was the last time you saw bale make those runs repeatedly and it was often the fact that he did them repeatability that defences couldn't handle?, ans, not anywhere nearly as often as early season, I reckon he's feeling a touch fragile feeling a hard season of being thuggged up, vdv farts and he pulls his hammy these little things arnt helping us. And as for nelson, hard to tell, he's been out 4 so long, but he's gonna have to do until the end of the season, then if u wanted to be cynical ari's thinking,things he's got to sort close season an aging/unfit c/d defence, a far 2 expensive on loan no 1 striker, an ageing on loan injury prone no 3 striker and a midfield that mostly wants away. If i were ari i think ide want away, then it's someone else's problem, and u can see the headlines

spurs languish as SPURS MISS ARI!!!! <deleted> But hey perhaps i'm being a touch cynical, lets hope so.

Thats right mate i stand corrected. Gallas was on the bench so if he can start tomorrow with Kaboul then its a massive bonus. Agree with your other points too. Ledley won't last next season imo. The guy can't train and he'll be what, 32 next season? Gallas is an oap in premier league average ages and Dawson's gone for the season.

You might be right about Caulker but regardless i'd like to see him in the squad next season. He's had a great season with Swansea and his improvement is coming along similar to walkers.

I really think the summer signings need to be a striker, center back and an "Eden Hazard" please.

Wouldn't it be ironic rij if the manager who resigned his job and in turn lost us our manager as his replacement ended up being appointed Spurs manager next season! Don Fabio wouldn't be a bad replacement would he?