Tottenham Thread

chonabot

if he were to go what would you do to regroup, reinvest and move on?

Is Levy's indecision possibly related to the possibility that Bale could be released for an amount of money Levy is happy with.?

Indecision? i wasn't aware that it was in issue, it's all to do with price, same as any club and any deal anywhere, if the price suits all parties then the deals done.If not then .......not.

As for regroup ect ect, berbs walked after he hit 20 plus , and the goals were replaced, we've got players that are capable of stepping up, dempsey for example, at fulham his goalscoring record improved every season he was there, and at 12 in his 1 st season, considering spurs were a step up 4 him wasn't a bad contribution, I AM NOT SAYING hes the answer,just an example that there's enough talent in the squad to step up. we've done it b4 and we'll do it again, no worriestongue.png

Edited by rijit

Is Levy's indecision possibly related to the possibility that Bale could be released for an amount of money Levy is happy with.?

OH and lets look at the reinvest bit, with 80 mil in our bin, and mata rumored at being reduced to winger, would you rule out vb going and buying him again, I wouldn'tbiggrin.png you chavs are overrun with smal nippy mid's and 4 sure 30 would buy him.clap2.gif 15 20 goals? a season bought and 50 mil in the bank JOB DONEwai2.gif

• Like 1

Spanish press are reporting a deal is all but done for Soldado.

Make what you will of that....http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2013/07/22/valencia-tottenham-negocian-soldado/202497.html

biggrin.png

Our smokes nbeats the english press, now there's a scoop !!!!!biggrin.png

twhats the the cred of that 'newspaper' smokes, ? but if its got any legs the british hound dogs wont be far behind

6 mil less then benteka and hopefully the finished article

negs,,,,,, he's 28 and that's legit, unfortunatelybiggrin.png

Morning chaps. Compelling arguments and discussions above. My view point still the same though. Buy Bernard and perhaps Remy (option for the bench) and we are done. Lets not repeat mistake of recent years. For me I want all business concluded by end July. Give our boys a full 16 days together to train hard, then out of the traps running hard. 15 points from first 5 games crucial for our end of season tally. Palace, Swansea, ARSE, Norwich and Cardiff. ALL doable. Keep the faith. COYS.

OH and lets look at the reinvest bit, with 80 mil in our bin, and mata rumored at being reduced to winger, would you rule out vb going and buying him again, I wouldn'tbiggrin.png you chavs are overrun with smal nippy mid's and 4 sure 30 would buy him.clap2.gif 15 20 goals? a season bought and 50 mil in the bank JOB DONEwai2.gif

Bale is worth £50m more than Mata?? Now you really have lost the plot!

See my above post Jack.

They have just bought a left winger you know.

No we havn't facepalm.gif

Actually you have wink.png

He will be Gareth Bale's replacement.

Bale will have the choice of Madrid or United up to him.

Edited by MrRed

See my above post Jack.

Nope....for he has three years on his contract. Its not up to him. If we sell....it will not be to you lot.

See my above post Jack.

Nope....for he has three years on his contract. Its not up to him. If we sell....it will not be to you lot.

Yep...he will go to Madrid most probably with an offer Levy can't refuse.

Morning chaps. Compelling arguments and discussions above. My view point still the same though. Buy Bernard and perhaps Remy (option for the bench) and we are done. Lets not repeat mistake of recent years. For me I want all business concluded by end July. Give our boys a full 16 days together to train hard, then out of the traps running hard. 15 points from first 5 games crucial for our end of season tally. Palace, Swansea, ARSE, Norwich and Cardiff. ALL doable. Keep the faith. COYS.

.Ian, Remy would be a very nice buy but that potential rape charge makes him an absolute no no.

I couldn't agree more though how nice it would be for our squad to at least know each other prior to the season as opposed to being introduced at the end of august.

Bernanrd looks a very handy player but could well be Arsenal bound. Yes, i too would like to see him at Spurs but not before a new striker or two

See my above post Jack.

Nacer Chadli is right footed and can play on either flank. He prefers a central position, so will be completely switchable as the game dictates.

Now off you trot there's a good chap, and dream of getting Bale.....lol.... That's all it will be.... In your dreams

60 Million will do it.

How many times do you need to be told. No it won't, he's staying next season, he says so, his manager says so his f*cking dog probably says so and when he does he will go to Madrid because after another great season he'll be worth more and they have more money that you and are a bigger more attractive option.

Hope that clears things up Mr Edsmile.png

• Like 1

60 Million will do it.

How many times do you need to be told. No it won't, he's staying next season, he says so, his manager says so his f*cking dog probably says so and when he does he will go to Madrid because after another great season he'll be worth more and they have more money that you and are a bigger more attractive option.

To be fair mate he comes on and claims Man Yoo will sign him tomorrow for £60m....then realises its never gonna happen.....not for that price and then he remembers Real Madrid exist and agrees with me.

He's got Alzheimers is all. tongue.png

See my above post Jack.

Nacer Chadli is right footed and can play on either flank. He prefers a central position, so will be completely switchable as the game dictates.

Now off you trot there's a good chap, and dream of getting Bale.....lol.... That's all it will be.... In your dreams

In fairness to MrEd, Man Yoo perhaps had a minuscule chance of landing Bale when ferguson was boss but who the f*%$ would want to play under Moyes and his stagnant football style?

Well, possibly fabregas i suppose but i'm at a loss to know why, other than copious amounts of cash.

Incidentally, if Utd don't get Fabregas they are in all sorts of shit next season. Seems like they probably will at a kings ransom but they are afterall used to paying huge transfer fees are they not Mr Edbiggrin.png

Interested to hear what you think of Soldado as a signing chaps?

For me the only thing going against him is his age. He's quick and agile and reads the game very well.....in fact everything Adebayor isn't and sharp enough to keep up with the lightning speed of our attack at times.

Would be nice to see a finishing touch to the brilliant work up play.

60 Million will do it.

To be fair mate he comes on and claims Man Yoo will sign him tomorrow for £60m....then realises its never gonna happen.....not for that price and then he remembers Real Madrid exist and agrees with me.

I've never seen Man Utd looking so desperate in the transfer market, thats for sure.

I wonder what will happen if the new manger at Barca decides he wants to keep Fabregas. That would mean Cleverley bossing the Utd midfield perhaps?whistling.gif

60 Million will do it.

Alzheimers?!! In all fairness, Utd fans don't exactly have a reputation for being the most knowledgeable do they!

60 Million will do it.

I've never seen Man Utd looking so desperate in the transfer market, thats for sure.

I wonder what will happen if the new manger at Barca decides he wants to keep Fabregas. That would mean Cleverley bossing the Utd midfield perhaps?whistling.gif

I thought I might have upset him with my comment on his health....but he'll forget that soon enough. laugh.png

Then you mention the Clever one.....that's a wealth of mining that is.....clap2.gifcheesy.gif

See my above post Jack.

In fairness to MrEd, Man Yoo perhaps had a minuscule chance of landing Bale when ferguson was boss but who the f*%$ would want to play under Moyes and his stagnant football style?

Well, possibly fabregas i suppose but i'm at a loss to know why, other than copious amounts of cash.

Incidentally, if Utd don't get Fabregas they are in all sorts of shit next season. Seems like they probably will at a kings ransom but they are afterall used to paying huge transfer fees are they not Mr Edbiggrin.png

Couldn't agree more after all you are our feeder club ...why break with tradition...

"all sorts of shit" cheesy.gif so where will you be then? laugh.png

For me the only thing going against him is his age. He's quick and agile and reads the game very well.....in fact everything Adebayor isn't and sharp enough to keep up with the lightning speed of our attack at times.

Bump.

Regarding my team, though not perfect, we won the League and the FA Cup, our first trophies in 40 yrs. We spent the money and we got it right, not ALL right but parts of it right... still a long way to go. But at least we are not treading water.

You want to grow up Alfie. This is a forum, where we air our views and opinions. You dont agree with mine, thats fine. Give me a contra view.

Why do you think Levy is acting like he is? Doesnt seem the norm to me.

We spent the money and we got it right

Yep for one season

But at least we are not treading water.

Correct, you went backwards last season

Why do you think Levy is acting like he is?

I will answer that at the end of the transfer window

Regarding my team, though not perfect, we won the League and the FA Cup, our first trophies in 40 yrs. We spent the money and we got it right, not ALL right but parts of it right... still a long way to go. But at least we are not treading water.

You want to grow up Alfie. This is a forum, where we air our views and opinions. You dont agree with mine, thats fine. Give me a contra view.

Why do you think Levy is acting like he is? Doesnt seem the norm to me.

We spent the money and we got it right

Yep for one season

But at least we are not treading water.

Correct, you went backwards last season

Why do you think Levy is acting like he is?

I will answer that at the end of the transfer window

So you don't trust him smile.png neither would i.

• Like 1

Bump.

I'll just carry on talking to myself then.

He scores for fun inside the box....none of this three touch turn and volley it into the stands crap.....a snip at errrm....30m....."ahhh is that pesetas?" asks Joe....."course mate course it is" smiles Daniel....

Bump.

I'll just carry on talking to myself then.

He scores for fun inside the box....none of this three touch turn and volley it into the stands crap.....a snip at errrm....30m....."ahhh is that pesetas?" asks Joe....."course mate course it is" smiles Daniel....

So it was you sitting in the corner mumbling to yourself with your half of bitter an ten fags.

Alfie just use nutjobtv.eu good streams for me.

• Like 1