Tottenham Thread

chonabot

It's going to be interesting to see who our new def mid is going to be as there doesn't seem to be any stand out candidate smile.png

Cant see further than benteleb for that position alfie, and tbh dont really want to. And IMO this so far this summer is our best bit of business http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9905426/new-long-term-deal-for-tottenhams-nabil-bentaleb&sa=U&ved=0CBMQFjACahUKEwij7Zf38-vGAhWSK9sKHbdQCV8&usg=AFQjCNE4_mYsEcQXzHyWb3X7z-s18uSsQw

Next year could well be the 'year of the benteleb'

rijit

Edited by rijit

It's going to be interesting to see who our new def mid is going to be as there doesn't seem to be any stand out candidate smile.png

Cant see further than benteleb for that position alfie, and tbh dont really want to.

rijit

Although he played there last season, def mid is not his natural position hence the reason we are apparently looking for a def mid which would result in Bentaleb being the more attacking of the two.

Edited by alfieconn

Cant see further than benteleb for that position alfie, and tbh dont really want to.

rijit

Although he played there last season, def mid is not his natural position hence the reason we are apparently looking for a def mid which would result in Bentaleb being the more attacking of the two.

maybe we'll see but really why change a good thing, i reckon cover/competition is probably whats being looked for , cos he's played there ever since sherwood brought him into do a the d/f midfeilder job And IMO has pretty much made the spot his own, held of comp from a few others and a decent enuf stamboule who if he gets some starts with psg may well get a spot into the french national squad

Edited by rijit

rijit

maybe we'll see but really why change a good thing, i reckon cover/competition is probably whats being looked for , cos he's played there ever since sherwood brought him into do a the d/f midfeilder job And IMO has pretty much made the spot his own, held of comp from a few others and a decent enuf stamboule who if he gets some starts with psg may well get a spot into the french national squad

But him and Mason weren't a good thing defensively, plus not having a top class right sided centre back was the reason why we conceded too many goals.

So if we replace Mason with a defensive mid and having already bought Toby then surely we must be stronger defensively.

Edited by alfieconn

rijit

But him and Mason weren't a good thing defensively, plus not having a top class right sided centre back was the reason why we conceded too many goals.

So if we replace Mason with a defensive mid and having already bought Toby then surely we must be stronger defensively.

yeah agreed mason wasnt great defensively and gave the ball away far to often, trouble is he did bring an intensity going forward that no one else seemed to bring to the table and suited potts attacking style And yeah our rhs wasnt great last season, with walker being rusty,, i'm being double kind, but you never know as happened with man cities demechelis perhaps faz will have a decent ish/better second season? we live in hope.

Cant see further than benteleb for that position alfie, and tbh dont really want to. And IMO this so far this summer is our best bit of business http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9905426/new-long-term-deal-for-tottenhams-nabil-bentaleb&sa=U&ved=0CBMQFjACahUKEwij7Zf38-vGAhWSK9sKHbdQCV8&usg=AFQjCNE4_mYsEcQXzHyWb3X7z-s18uSsQw

Next year could well be the 'year of the benteleb'

rijit

Bentaleb is not a defensive midfielder. He's a central midfielder. Thats the role Poch wants him in. He's extremely versatile as all talented players and can do a good job in the defensive role when needed but this is under utilising his abilities.

Thats why we are looking for a new defensive mid. It will hopefully free up Bentaleb so we will get even more out of him.

He's also arguably the best left back we have!!!

Mason has a lot of huff and puff but gives the ball away too much and imho is no more than a decent squad player. What we are desperate for is a defensive mid to create a blanket infant of the back four and allow Bentaleb to break forward more. Last season Bentaleb spent most of his time clearing up after Mason. Maybe a bit harsh but Mason's inability to keep the ball was telling.

Edited by carmine

Man Citeh have reportedly been sniffing around our very promising youngster Josh Onomah so its good news he's just penned a new contract.thumbsup.gif

This lad could be quite special so the lads on the City thread should know their scouts appear to be doing their job.

Apart from needing central/defensive midfielders, don't we still have a problem

with the right side of midfield or are we going to rely on Lamela & Townsend again

for next season?

And what's going on with Lennon?

Man Citeh have reportedly been sniffing around our very promising youngster Josh Onomah so its good news he's just penned a new contract.thumbsup.gif

This lad could be quite special so the lads on the City thread should know their scouts appear to be doing their job.

I'm surprised they didn't just offer him 100 grand a week and be done with it, would have saved them paying 50m in a few years time whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

I'm surprised they didn't just offer him 100 grand a week and be done with it, would have saved them paying 50m in a few years time whistling.gif

After the Sterling deal City are going to get milked by every player they go after and rightly so.

But you never know, one day Sterling might just prove himself to be a world class player rather than a good prospect.

This is why we get our youngsters on long contracts.

The scousers are a bit thick like ya know.....

• Like 1

Apart from needing central/defensive midfielders, don't we still have a problem

with the right side of midfield or are we going to rely on Lamela & Townsend again

for next season?

And what's going on with Lennon?

I think Lennon will be going, perhaps Townsend, if so hopefully they will get a replacement for him, other than that perhaps a mobile centre forward who can also play on the flanks.

Ian if you want to try and wind the arse wipes up, best do it on their thread We all know they could use the company tongue.png.

rijit

That young lady is welcome at our gaff any day of the week!

I confess I've porked a few in my time one or two of whom were bearing someone else's name.thumbsup.gif

This is why we get our youngsters on long contracts.

The scousers are a bit thick like ya know.....

John Bostock says helloclap2.gif

Adebayor, Soldado, Chiriches, Lennon and Townsend have not travelled to Denver. Looks like the expected Pochettino clearout is going to be completed.

If all done and we get a DM and Berahino it bodes very nicely for next season with the manager having "his" team in place and a far more balanced squad.

personally i like poch,as he gets on with his job,without the usual shit thrown around by other mngrs, mou includedsmile.png

its just his high pressing tactics full on that disturb E/S

a very nice afternoon to all my avid followers on the footy forumbiggrin.png

Adebayor, Soldado, Chiriches, Lennon and Townsend have not travelled to Denver. Looks like the expected Pochettino clearout is going to be completed.

If all done and we get a DM and Berahino it bodes very nicely for next season with the manager having "his" team in place and a far more balanced squad.

Townsend got a shoulder injury will be out for 3-4 weeks, but looks like he'll be back

in contention for the right midfield position together with Lamela this season.

With the other 4, Levy is desperately trying to offload but probably playing his usual

hard ball tactics.