Tottenham Thread

chonabot

meanwhile I'll be working...with the radio turned off and a TV and internet embargo....until this evening....fingers crossed...

I say that every year. But resistence is futile :D

No mate...the January pain is still fresh in the memory....sad.gif

I'm the only spurs supporter that thinks Pav is a better option than defoe/crouch

reckon our squad is different gravy to that of spurs this season. we've finally got 2 players per position after all this time.

Not too many teams will beat Liverpool this year, I reckon they will be right up there above Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs.

I dare not say above the other 2 - they look awesome.biggrin.gif

Actually I think Arsenal and Spurs will struggle to be above the likes of Bolton, Stoke and Sunderland etc.

Another muppet making predictions after 3 games or in spurs case 2 games :D

reckon our squad is different gravy to that of spurs this season. we've finally got 2 players per position after all this time.

Not too many teams will beat Liverpool this year, I reckon they will be right up there above Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs.

Actually I think Arsenal and Spurs will struggle to be above the likes of Bolton, Stoke and Sunderland etc.

Football is a game of opinions and predictions isn't it? instead of bleating on aimlessly about what us muppets think.....why don't you give us your opinion on how you see your team performing this season.

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10,which after your lofty experience of last year(Champions League an all)is not progressive is it? wink.gif

Football is a game of opinions and predictions isn't it? instead of bleating on aimlessly about what us muppets think.....why don't you give us your opinion on how you see your team performing this season.

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10,which after your lofty experience of last year(Champions League an all)is not progressive is it? wink.gif

It's more a case of people making predictions on 3 games and you can bet your life that there be changing there mind every couple of games, why not make predictions before the season started ;)

It's not progressive if it was too happen but it wont, so how much do you want on your prediction ?

It's more a case of people making predictions on 3 games and you can bet your life that there be changing there mind every couple of games, why not make predictions before the season started ;)

It's not progressive if it was too happen but it wont, so how much do you want on your prediction ?

1k you do not finish in the top six wink.gif

Pathetic transfer policy we have. Another season f-ucked. How and why we missed out on a golden oppotunity to sign Carhill i'll never know.

Reminds me of how we turned away Suarez in the january window.

Ain't doing nought this season again. If i had to put my hard earnt cash on it i'd predict 6th to 8th. having been basically forced to stay God only knows what must be going through Luka Modric's head on seeing such a calamity yesterday coupled with a total lack of ambition. i actually feel sorry for him and i think his transfer request , on the basis of being an ambitious young player was justified on seeing the lack of investment on the squad over the last two windows. Even Arsenal got on with it. They charge an aweful lot at the turnstiles for a club who's only concern is the balance books. Guilt edged oppotunities to buy Cahill, Lass Diarra, Suarez last time round and Leandro Damiao have all been screwed up. All quality young players and at "fair market prices". In come Parker and friedal........All that Redknapp will produce is frustration and mediocrity.

Nothing else needs be said this season.

Edited by carmine

Scott Parker is a done deal, lets hope for plenty more in's and out's in the remaining few hours biggrin.gif

Bassong is reportedly at St James' Park....

I can't imagine Bassong is at St Andrews for any other reason than to pick up something he forgot when they got rid of him last time.

A club savvy enough to sell Carroll for 35m and Bassong for 8m ain't stupid enough to take them back.

I frankly could'nt give a toss if Parker joins or not.

Edited by carmine

Pathetic transfer policy we have. Another season f-ucked. How and why we missed out on a golden oppotunity to sign Carhill i'll never know.

Ain't doing nought this season again. If i had to put my hard earnt cash on it i'd predict 6th to 8th. having been basically forced to stay God only knows what must be going through Luka Modric's head on seeing such a calamity yesterday coupled with a total lack of ambition. i actually feel sorry for him and i think his transfer request , on the basis of being an ambitious young player was justified on seeing the lack of investment on the squad over the last two windows. Even Arsenal got on with it. They charge an aweful lot at the turnstiles for a club who's only concern is the balance books. Guilt edged oppotunities to buy Cahill, Lass Diarra, Suarez last time round and Leandro Damiao have all been screwed up. All quality young players and at "fair market prices". In come Parker and friedal........All that Redknapp will produce is frustration and mediocrity.

Addebayor doesn't count?

1k you do not finish in the top six wink.gif

So your backtracking from this

My opinion is that you will now be lucky to finish in the top 10

when i said

so how much do you want on your prediction ?

24.gif24.gif24.gif

My opinion is you will be lucky to finish in the top 10.................my prediction is you will not finish in the top 6.

So are we on or is your arse twitching??? cheesy.gif

I think the lack of "deals" was more down to Daniel Levy. Its clear he doesn't trust Redknapp's judgement hence scrotum face leaving the Lodge 2 hours before the end of the transfer window and blabbing to the press.

Expect to see him gone next summer....or earlier if the case ever goes to trial. Must have made at least £20m plus ha;f a dozen fewer on the wage bill....had to happen at some point.

Dos Santos to be "given his chance"? We'll see.

by the way spurs fans, congratulations on having both the football writers' player of the year and the pfa player of the year at your club now. even if one of them did get relegated and the other only play for about 3 weeks last season.

by the way spurs fans, congratulations on having both the football writers' player of the year and the pfa player of the year at your club now. even if one of them did get relegated and the other only play for about 3 weeks last season.

Hey Stevie: how is Gerrard doing with his Groin Infection :whistling: - sounds pretty bad.

God only knows what must be going through Luka Modric's head on seeing such a calamity yesterday coupled with a total lack of ambition. i actually feel sorry for him and i think his transfer request , on the basis of being an ambitious young player was justified on seeing the lack of investment on the squad over the last two windows.

I can't remember, did he actually put in a written transfer request, or was it that clubs were after him because he's a good player?

Bolton boss Owen Coyle responded to Tottenham interest in defender Gary Cahill by asking for Spurs striker Jermain Defoe in exchange.

I hope this isn't true

We missed out on a defender because of a striker that can't score goals

That will do me

If you lot are fed up with your chairman can you send him over our way.

Stands tough and refuses to sell the best player, for which I now eat that humble pie I said I would defer until the transfer deadline (was sure he was just pushing the ante). Gets £10m for Crouch and borrows Adebayor??!!! I'm no great admirer of Adebayor but as a combined deal with £10m in your back pocket that's got to be the deal of the summer.

My lot would have loaned Crouch out for a year or two until he was as worthless on paper as he is on the field of play.

No - don't send boil-in-the-bag face over as well though. The only thing that impressed me about Wenger in the last 12 months was having the resilience to get out there and bring 5 players in within not much more than 60 hours, even if he probably spent about £10 - £15m more than he would have done had he started a month ago.

A lot of business done on the last day, fringe players outed, could be said not b4 time, decent money for paly, crutch and keane, so the wage bill well reduced and a couple of players that all being well should start without to much time needed to 'settle in', last seasons player of the year and a player fresh from a season with real madrid. So enuf positives to be had from that. Just to add Personally, i'm not a freidal fan, 2 old lack ing in flexiblity, and he's slow, everything ive seen him save I would have expected any prem keeper 2 save I havent seen him make any truly stunning saves and 4 me 8 goals conceded in 2 match's doesn't lie. Lets hope I'm wrong about him. COME ON U SPURS!!!