Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well listening to Barton's opinion on Modric is rich especially as it was Parker that was the quality for you against them,Barton never got close to him did he.

Looking at QPR's results Barton hasn't gotten close to many has he! biggrin.gif

Well listening to Barton's opinion on Modric is rich especially as it was Parker that was the quality for you against them,Barton never got close to him did he.

I think your find that Modric and Parker are different sort of players, Barton was probaly talking about Mod on an attacking front and would hardly want to get close to Parker as he is a defensive mid still you obviously know more about these things than Barton :huh:

I think your find that Modric and Parker are different sort of players, Barton was probaly talking about Mod on an attacking front and would hardly want to get close to Parker as he is a defensive mid still you obviously know more about these things than Barton :huh:

Yes i do Barton is a thug and a convict,journey man.wink.gif

Yes i do Barton is a thug and a convict,journey man.wink.gif

Agreed, he's got personal issues, but to add to the conundrum he's a bloody good footballer. And just to clarify the Barton quote he actually said that earlier , and he was referring to Modric last season not about the game at the weekend.

Thanks for clearing that up rijit wink.gif he is a good footballer when he is 100% at it,at the moment he is not.Parker and Modric are far better footballers,but lets be honest here it doesn't take a Joey Barton to tell us that.

t b h mr red from what ive seen of late warnocks been playing Barton wide ish on the right, presumably his thinking is that he's going to be pinging some nice balls into the box 4 his strikers too pick up on, but from what i've seen Bartons 'at it' most effectively when he's in the centre of the park running the show, And because Bartons been/is a prick, i dont think we will ever see him in a 'top' team' so i'm not sure we will ever no quite how good he could be , but again, 4 me i'de lean towards him well being well capable of taking the step up and then some, Just shame he's such a gobby scouse prick, but hey ho.

Yes agreed rijit he is better in the middle but they have Shaun Derry for that role at the moment.

I see your manager will not be going to Russia for the game as he is undergoing a "medical procedure" whistling.gif lets hope he makes a good recovery.

yeah mr red, derry is one of those v v underrated 100% committed all action type of midfielder, but 4 me he's primarily as defensive middie, and I dont think he's got the ability to unlock a defence like Barton, looks to me like somrething in the qpr teams got to give, maybe tarabat? hasn't shown much this season, would be a shame as theres nothing quite like a flair player coming good.

yeah mr red, derry is one of those v v underrated 100% committed all action type of midfielder, but 4 me he's primarily as defensive middie, and I dont think he's got the ability to unlock a defence like Barton, looks to me like somrething in the qpr teams got to give, maybe tarabat? hasn't shown much this season, would be a shame as theres nothing quite like a flair player coming good.

I was looking forward to seeing a lot more of Tarabat this season but at the moment he just reminds me of a younger Berbatov lazy and a luxury,he is not doing it on the pitch and sulks every time he is subbed,i think he can stay on the bus to wherever it goes next time he does one,

Warnock come out with the best quote when asked about a new contract for him "he has to get in the queue there are others up first including me!!" biggrin.gif

Poor performance by the youngsters last night if anyones interested although worth noting it was Bassongs fault for their goal. Off to Colin at QPR hopefully in january. the only other seniors playing were Gallas, Pav and Defoe.

Thankfully gallas came through his first football this season unscathed. Pav was very poor. Off in jan aswell? !5m for Bassong/Pav would go nicely towards Leandro Damiao :)

Edited by carmine

Poor performance by the youngsters last night if anyones interested although worth noting it was Bassongs fault for their goal. Off to Colin at QPR hopefully in january. the only other seniors playing were Gallas, Pav and Defoe.

Thankfully gallas came through his first football this season unscathed. Pav was very poor. Off in jan aswell? !5m for Bassong/Pav would go nicely towards Leandro Damiao :)

You have been saying Pav is off for 5 transfer windows now.:lol:

Has anyone else been wondering why Stephen Caulker is loaned down at Swansea when he could have been playing in the europa and played off our bench regularily, considering that he has more potential ability than Bassong will ever have.? Reminds me of how long it took Harry to realise that Walker was a shoe in at right back.

:D It gonna happen mate its really gonna happen.....

Must come with the Spurs territory, Keano, Crouch, Pav and next is Defoe : should have kept Bent.

Must come with the Spurs territory, Keano, Crouch, Pav and next is Defoe : should have kept Bent.

Yes, put plain and simply.

Your keeper / ex keeper gomer pile of <deleted>, btw, that video released today is world's longest header for a goal, beating that one from a couple weeks back from norway.

I know who, was wishing to forget, hence the emoticon! Great header - though the headerer appeared twice as tall as the goalkeeper - it must be the perspective from 58m!

Hey do any of you Spurs fans know if that Tottenham vs. Everton match was ever rescheduled for a specific date? Looks like it hasn't been from what I've found, unless I'm wrong.

Edited by Jimjim

Hey do any of you Spurs fans know if that Tottenham vs. Everton match was ever rescheduled for a specific date? Looks like it hasn't been from what I've found, unless I'm wrong.

As smokie said! Teams from all over the country support their teams regardless of the riots in the south-north-east west! I still think our home game vs Everton is a 3 pointer!

Probable for sunday; Tough fixture this one and the MartinJol factor added in. This would be a great three points. Not sure i really want Lennon in there on current form. Better to beef up the midfield, but time will tell.

Theres a lot of quality on the bench.

Friedal

Walker

Gallas

King

BAE

Lennon

Parker

Modric

Bale

Van Der Vaart

Adebayor

Probable for sunday; Tough fixture this one and the MartinJol factor added in. This would be a great three points. Not sure i really want Lennon in there on current form. Better to beef up the midfield, but time will tell.

Theres a lot of quality on the bench.

Friedal

Walker

Gallas

King

BAE

Lennon

Parker

Modric

Bale

Van Der Vaart

Adebayor

I wonder if he will go with Sandro instead of Lennon ;) i myself am quite happy with Lennon at the moment, although he's not taking on defenders and getting to the byline etc like in the past, he's general football ( passing movement etc ) has improved as the two goals last week prove, plus he backs up Walker better than anyone else who has played there recently.

Yeah, i think thats the only question mark. I reckon Lennon will start as an attacking option and if we go in at ht in the lead hopefully Sandro will come on and he and Parker will close things down.

Lets hope Harry doesn't meddle!!:D