Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Former Chelsea No2 Ray Wilkins believes Tottenham may struggle to resist a major offer for Gareth Bale, with Barcelona the latest club linked with a move.

The Welsh midfielder has been linked with a mega money move to reigning La Liga champions Barcelona with many reports suggesting a £35m bid may be tabled in January and the Sky Sports pundit admits he would be surprised if Spurs turned down a bid from the Catalans.

Why are these so called experts clueless :( we allegely turned down 40m for Modric so that makes Bale worth at least 60m, levy has already said that we aint selling our best players and bale has said that he's in no rush to move abroad :angry: so why would he go for 35m ;)

Not to mention playing in a winning team at the moment. We stil need a central defender and another striker but....why would either of them want to leave now?

Former Chelsea No2 Ray Wilkins believes Tottenham may struggle to resist a major offer for Gareth Bale, with Barcelona the latest club linked with a move.

The Welsh midfielder has been linked with a mega money move to reigning La Liga champions Barcelona with many reports suggesting a £35m bid may be tabled in January and the Sky Sports pundit admits he would be surprised if Spurs turned down a bid from the Catalans.

Why are these so called experts clueless :( we allegely turned down 40m for Modric so that makes Bale worth at least 60m, levy has already said that we aint selling our best players and bale has said that he's in no rush to move abroad :angry: so why would he go for 35m ;)

Wilkins is a pompous prick!! and his comment is just so boring

Edited by rijit

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will face trial for tax evasion next year, it can be reported for the first time.

The Spurs boss, tipped as the leading candidate to be the next England manager, is accused of two counts of cheating the public revenue between specific dates in 2002 and 2007 when he was at the helm of Portsmouth.

He is accused alongside former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric.

The first charge alleges that between April 1, 2002, and November 28, 2007, Mandaric paid 145,000 US dollars into a bank account held by Redknapp in Monaco, to avoid paying income tax and national insurance.

The second charge for the same offence relates to a sum of 150,000 US dollars allegedly paid by Mandaric to the same account between May 1, 2004, and November 28, 2007.

Deny

Both men deny the charges and a two-week trial is due to begin at London's Southwark Crown Court on January 23.

Judge Anthony Leonard QC ruled on Thursday afternoon that a ban on reporting details of the proceedings could be lifted at 2.30pm on Saturday.

Redknapp, 64, underwent minor heart surgery earlier this month to unblock his arteries, and has missed a number of Spurs games while he recovers.

He was hoping to return to the touchline within two weeks, but said recently he had been advised by doctors to stay away for four or five.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will face trial for tax evasion next year, it can be reported for the first time.

The Spurs boss, tipped as the leading candidate to be the next England manager, is accused of two counts of cheating the public revenue between specific dates in 2002 and 2007 when he was at the helm of Portsmouth.

He is accused alongside former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric.

The first charge alleges that between April 1, 2002, and November 28, 2007, Mandaric paid 145,000 US dollars into a bank account held by Redknapp in Monaco, to avoid paying income tax and national insurance.

The second charge for the same offence relates to a sum of 150,000 US dollars allegedly paid by Mandaric to the same account between May 1, 2004, and November 28, 2007.

Deny

Both men deny the charges and a two-week trial is due to begin at London's Southwark Crown Court on January 23.

Judge Anthony Leonard QC ruled on Thursday afternoon that a ban on reporting details of the proceedings could be lifted at 2.30pm on Saturday.

Redknapp, 64, underwent minor heart surgery earlier this month to unblock his arteries, and has missed a number of Spurs games while he recovers.

He was hoping to return to the touchline within two weeks, but said recently he had been advised by doctors to stay away for four or five.

Off topic....please remove this mods. jap.gif

Has its own thread....

Just thinking he will be taking longer than expected due to his operation last week,it looks like 4 weeks he has been told and then this court date lasting a couple of weeks....just when you are finding your feet!

It is all you need why can't people just pay what is owed biggrin.gif

Just thinking he will be taking longer than expected due to his operation last week,it looks like 4 weeks he has been told and then this court date lasting a couple of weeks....just when you are finding your feet!

It is all you need why can't people just pay what is owed biggrin.gif

Its just another court date.....I looked at it and decided SAF had a hand in it...yeah it won't end until the transfer window has shut....conveniently.

Mind you I love a conspiracy theory....ohmy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Want to see tonights game but hanging about until 5 in the morning doesn't apeal so do any of you know if the game is being repeated tomorrow morning and if so what channel.

Thanks

Don't be soft and stay up and watch it mate. This is the best side we've put out in 30 years.

Want to see tonights game but hanging about until 5 in the morning doesn't apeal so do any of you know if the game is being repeated tomorrow morning and if so what channel.

Thanks

Don't be soft and stay up and watch it mate. This is the best side we've put out in 30 years.

Get in carms! That's the spirit....can't wait for tonight's game.....proper entertaining football an all....COYS!

biggrin.gif

Thanks

What I usually do is go to bed early and get up early at 3am - can't beat watching it live and a beer for breakfast isn't that bad - is it?whistling.gif I find if I try and stay up I've either fallen asleep by the time it starts or am too p*ssed to watch it properly!blink.gif

Thanks

What I usually do is go to bed early and get up early at 3am - can't beat watching it live and a beer for breakfast isn't that bad - is it?whistling.gif I find if I try and stay up I've either fallen asleep by the time it starts or am too p*ssed to watch it properly!blink.gif

Ditto

Thanks

Some would say you needed to be p*ssed to watch us 10 years ago. ;)

Thanks

Not a matter of being soft as Ive followed the lads since mid 60's (was at the Chelsea FA cup final in 67) and as we all know the road hasn't been too smooth. If there's not a rerun before midday I'll stay up but if the game replays at 9 and I leave my phone off I'll enjoy it (hopefully) just the same and ge me beauty sleep as well.

So anyone know if it replays tomorrow morning?

Cheers

Thanks

Not a matter of being soft as Ive followed the lads since mid 60's (was at the Chelsea FA cup final in 67) and as we all know the road hasn't been too smooth. If there's not a rerun before midday I'll stay up but if the game replays at 9 and I leave my phone off I'll enjoy it (hopefully) just the same and ge me beauty sleep as well.

So anyone know if it replays tomorrow morning?

Cheers

I have truevision and they do usually replay some games the next morning - usually 101 (from the weekend) but their magazine just states EPL -not a specific game 9.00am-10.30am - this is very often incorrect and they're playing Bundesliga or Serie A. I can only check on-screen the following programme, and the on-line is just as bad as the magazine. I thought that the go to bed early/ get up early is a great solution! As you're able to watch in the morning, I assume you don't have a job - so that solution should work for you! Sorry that I couldn't be more help!.

Edited by trevorg

deleted. biggrin.gif

Not sure why you deleted, unless you thought you may not be awake/too pissed to give him the alarm call!whistling.gif I certainly wouldn't promise that so understood the recallrolleyes.gif.

Back to the match, I've gone for a 4-1, I know that may be a little optimistic - but I'm fed up of predicting 1-0's and 2-1's and then there's 5,6,7,and 8's!

Trevorg, thanks for that . I have True channels (through internet so no magazine) and never could work out how to view next day showing using the remote. No work here as 2 years retired and live a life of leisure travelling at will.

Smokes, let me know when your on fire and I'll make a decision on the day. Alarm set.

Cheers lads

Trevorg, thanks for that . I have True channels (through internet so no magazine) and never could work out how to view next day showing using the remote. No work here as 2 years retired and live a life of leisure travelling at will.

Smokes, let me know when your on fire and I'll make a decision on the day. Alarm set.

Cheers lads

You're welcome, unfortunately, my go to bed early plan for this evening has been put to bed and has been overtaken by the 'stay up all night drinking plan'! Fortunately, I don't need to attend an office, work in a sarong and completed tomorrows work yesterday (at the weekend), (good to keep ahead when you can)! 4-1 COYS!

Thanks

Some would say you needed to be p*ssed to watch us 10 years ago. ;)

some would say you still do, but then again im a bitter twisted gooner ! laugh.gif

Asleep? Too pissed??

Not yet lads.....enjoy the game! :D

Awake and quite pissed, but able to enjoy the beautiful game! (Unfortunately truevision are previewing with Arsenal World - kin <deleted>)!

Time for a p*ss, empty my ashtray, get a fresh cold beer, relax and enjoy! COYS!

Adebayor missed a few chances, but I watched him work very hard for the team, chasing back and making a nuisance of himself from behind the opposition defenders. Scott Parker is a fantastic football player, unfortunately, he's found that form, in the right team 10 years late!

I'd love to see the 'final' stats! Ledley was massive twice! They didn't bother to venture into our half.

Who, on earth ever plays Emile Heskey? This is 2011, not some forgotten year, where donkeys are good? Andy Carrol is a donkey, Fernando Torres is a donkey (with Sombrero ear cut outs), Alan Shearer is a donkey.

I love football!jap.gif

Feel free to copy and paste into other threads - even if it just wakes them up!

Edited by trevorg

How easy was that!! Is McLeish the most negative manager in the league? I recall last season in the final game Birmingham came to WHL and i'm convinced he was playing for a draw and hoping the other results went his way!! Last night seemed like he came down to london with only damage limitation in mind.

Adebayor should have scored four and i thought Bale was superb. Ledley as usual totally commanding at the back and as per every week keep fingers crossed he's ok for our trip to the baggies.

Shame we can't play our game in hand next week aswell. Still early days but time has arrived to start believing in a second place finish if we can continue this up till christmas. Theres lots of ifs and buts and still key players out but we really are looking a match for almost anyone at the moment. I can't remember seeing a Spurs side playing with such confidence.

COYS

I agree, we walked through that! I'm not sure if it was intentional but Modric had a very quiet game. Parker came forward and controlled play, switched passes and attacked them on the 18 yard box, and defended brilliantly. Modric was a disappointment for me. I liked the way Bale played all over the park and I think that Parkers ';role' gave him the confidence to 'run about a bit'! All luvverley geezers - of course!jap.gif