Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I've just turned all giddy with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Lawrenson stated yesterday that Spurs have no chance whatsoever of winning the league. Does this mean we should clear out our savings accounts and rush to the bookies and stick it on Spurs at 9/1 i hear you say?

Well, when a complete helmet like Lawro (as usual getting his arse kicked in the BBC predictions league as usual) comes out with something like that you know we're in with a hell of a chance. it should also fill the players we huge self belief. Thankyou Lawro, you're the best. The Bollingers on ice.

We can win it...with a bit of help from Daniel. Come on mate....now's the time to get the striker in before next weekend!

Yes we most definately can win it. I'm satisfied in my own mind we're a better side than Man Utd. However City are strong with huge squad depth despite Mancini's belly aching about needing to spend this month. Basically, i think we have to beat them next week. It puts them under pressure as they are favourites to win the league. No one gives us an earthly so we just keep under the radar.

Agreed. I can't see us winning that game with the threat of Pav coming off the bench for the last half hour.

I've just turned all giddy with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Lawrenson stated yesterday that Spurs have no chance whatsoever of winning the league. Does this mean we should clear out our savings accounts and rush to the bookies and stick it on Spurs at 9/1 i hear you say?

Well, when a complete helmet like Lawro (as usual getting his arse kicked in the BBC predictions league as usual) comes out with something like that you know we're in with a hell of a chance. it should also fill the players we huge self belief. Thankyou Lawro, you're the best. The Bollingers on ice.

We can win it...with a bit of help from Daniel. Come on mate....now's the time to get the striker in before next weekend!

Yes we most definately can win it. I'm satisfied in my own mind we're a better side than Man Utd. However City are strong with huge squad depth despite Mancini's belly aching about needing to spend this month. Basically, i think we have to beat them next week. It puts them under pressure as they are favourites to win the league. No one gives us an earthly so we just keep under the radar.

Agreed. I can't see us winning that game with the threat of Pav coming off the bench for the last half hour.

Thats just the sort of game that Pav will score one of his specials. Remember the qualifier against Young Boys? He can really play if he wants to and if he wants the likes of Spartak to pay Levy's asking price he'd better show thm how good he can be.

We need a fit Parker to win at City. We need to get at them and try to rattle them.

Anyway, one game at a time. We have to beat Wolves first and i can see two banks of defenders sitting behind the wall from the start. They'll come for a 0-0 draw

Well done Spurs. This is getting very interesting. Still think how you come out of February is where it hinges.

What is also interesting is that all the pressuse is on City. As you know, no one seems to give us an earthly so we just keep going almost unnoticed, Why should we be under pressure? Fact is, we have to get lucky and avoid injuries to key players. Oh, and a special signing wouldn't go a miss. The chatter about Loic Remy is getting louder. If nothing else its an interesting situation that few woul have to imagined. I do remember Feguson saying we'd be in the mix though...

Well done Spurs. This is getting very interesting. Still think how you come out of February is where it hinges.

What is also interesting is that all the pressuse is on City. As you know, no one seems to give us an earthly so we just keep going almost unnoticed, Why should we be under pressure? Fact is, we have to get lucky and avoid injuries to key players. Oh, and a special signing wouldn't go a miss. The chatter about Loic Remy is getting louder. If nothing else its an interesting situation that few woul have to imagined. I do remember Feguson saying we'd be in the mix though...

Pressure is on to finish top four. That will make us happy...any more and we'll be delighted.

Let's heap the pressure on the chairman instead of the players for a few days! biggrin.png

so we just keep going almost unnoticed,

Not any more. your cover has been blown biggrin.png

Nope. You are a lone voice in the wilderness. For now...

I must admit that I really don't want to play you at the moment biggrin.png

Its going to be a classic. How young Walker deals with Silva is of particular interest. Has anyone managed to contain him?

Its going to be a classic. How young Walker deals with Silva is of particular interest. Has anyone managed to contain him?

What's his name for Everton did a good man marking job on him. For about 70 minutes and then Silva left him for dead.

What's his name for Everton did a good man marking job on him. For about 70 minutes and then Silva left him for dead.

That reminds me what about Neville last night? Modric looked like he'd just left Levy's negotiating table! biggrin.png

When you think of the speed merchants both teams possess down the wings i think its going to be a very hard night for defenders. I'm delighted btw MrB that Kompany and Yaya Toure will be absent. biggrin.png

When you think of the speed merchants both teams possess down the wings i think its going to be a very hard night for defenders. I'm delighted btw MrB that Kompany and Yaya Toure will be absent. biggrin.png

What's the odds on Balotelli to be missing/sent off? biggrin.png

Can Abrak please tell us the average age of our team last night? Leave out the keeper so as not to skew the results too heavily please.

No I cant.

I can tell you that despite Spurs supporters banging on about how young their squad is, it isnt actually particularly young by today's standards.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Squad_Ages.html

Of course if you pick a particular day when older players arent playing and then exclude older players because they are old, the average age of the squad will be lower.

Can Abrak please tell us the average age of our team last night? Leave out the keeper so as not to skew the results too heavily please.

No I cant.

I can tell you that despite Spurs supporters banging on about how young their squad is, it isnt actually particularly young by today's standards.

http://www.myfootbal...Squad_Ages.html

Of course if you pick a particular day when older players arent playing and then exclude older players because they are old, the average age of the squad will be lower.

You admit it was a young team last night then?

smile.png

No I cant.

I haven't heard any Spurs fans banging on about how young our team is!

You're sounding a bit tetchy Ab's, maybe because you atleast, if not anyone else on your thread, realise that you are light years behind us. With Liverpool its constantly if's buts and so on. And thats from the manager down to the tea lady. giggle.gif

You have to get rid of Comolli before its too late. wai.gif

And I'm worried. I didn't think we would miss Toure especially, this much. But you will be without Adebayor

25.75 including the subs you used but not Friedel

Thanks for you time mrboj. No one over 30 I think...that one is for Seapok when he clandestinely reads this. welcomeani.gif Seapok!

25.75 including the subs you used but not Friedel

I believe Brads older than Kyle Walkers dad!!laugh.png

No I cant.

You're sounding a bit tetchy Ab's, maybe because you atleast, if not anyone else on your thread, realise that you are light years behind us. With Liverpool its constantly if's buts and so on. And thats from the manager down to the tea lady. giggle.gif

I am, admittedly a bit tetchy about how racist issues have been blown out of all proportion and rather overshadowed football at my club. The 8 match ban for Suarez has rather stymied our season.

Overall though there are no complaints. A year ago after 20 games we were 5 points off the bottom. After 20 games this season we are 20 points off the bottom and 3 points off top 4. You could hardly expect us to be challenging for the title.

I dont think Liverpool supporters really compare themselves with Spurs, they are more worried about clubs that have more resources than Liverpool itself such as Utd Chelsea and City. It is good to see Spurs showing a short term deviation from the fundamentals though as it obviously gives the club hope.

'Of course if you pick a particular day when older players arent playing and then exclude older players because they are old, the average age of the squad will be lower.'

Abrak you do make me smile sometimes mate!!!!!. Missed the game last night I was at the thai cup final, and crashed out 2 late to get up for the game. I was going to end this post with my boring 'it's up the prem league we must go' but fuc me there aint much further up we can go!!!!. And I'm really thinking we can win it this year, which,if i'm honest in 67 or in the early 80's i hoped but. never really believed we could, But sssssscccccccccjchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! famous last words!!!!!.

Edited by rijit

No I cant.

I am, admittedly a bit tetchy about how racist issues have been blown out of all proportion and rather overshadowed football at my club. The 8 match ban for Suarez has rather stymied our season.

Overall though there are no complaints. A year ago after 20 games we were 5 points off the bottom. After 20 games this season we are 20 points off the bottom and 3 points off top 4. You could hardly expect us to be challenging for the title.

I dont think Liverpool supporters really compare themselves with Spurs, they are more worried about clubs that have more resources than Liverpool itself such as Utd Chelsea and City. It is good to see Spurs showing a short term deviation from the fundamentals though as it obviously gives the club hope.

That was a very bizarre post mate.

With the huge sums of money you spent would would we hardly expect you to be challenging for the title. Oh, thats right. Because you bought poorly and ridiculously over the odds and you don't play fluent football. Your midfield is slow and uncreative and your strikers don't know where the net is. Don't kid yourself (but ofcourse you will) this was precisely the case before all the racism crap. If we were a bit lucky, if it wasn't for, one day we will...if my auntie had <deleted> she'd be my uncle

Short term deviation? Giving us hope? Poor quality put down that is.

Stop watching Liverpool and watch us. You might enjoy your football more. laugh.png