Tottenham Thread

chonabot

He's a clown if he thinks he can sign either Defoe or Parker.

Well I will throw my hat in the ring and say will get get at least one of them, along with Dawson

There is no value in selling Parker amd we need another striker anyway....not to be selling either of them.

So no.....you are wide of the mark there Jack.

Well I will throw my hat in the ring and say will get get at least one of them, along with Dawson

There is no value in selling Parker amd we need another striker anyway....not to be selling either of them.

Harry's good at spending other peoples money so shall we say 30m for the pair !

Ok, I'm putting this on the Spurs thread because you are the 'victims'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20492168

IMO this is just getting out of hand by the FA. I don't know exactly what was chanted, but isn't freedom of speech a right in the UK?

Now, I'm not saying I don't find some of the chanting at football matches distasteful, but is this hate filled or is it just unsavoury banter? Football matches have always had this element of chanting in my memory and the FA are going to find it a massive task to clamp down on it.

Do you think it needs to be stopped?

How can you stop it?

Should fans be made to sit in silence at matches?

I agree ATM for me,selling defoe, parker and Dawson would be a mistake, I recall Dawson fighting back from being dropped b4 to being the teams outstanding defender and bac in the England squad, I wouldn't totally rule that happening again.I'de like to keep kaboul dawson verity and caulker as our centre bac quartet good, strong,well balanced. Defoe's on his best form for 3ish seasons and personally when the ref on saturday reached for his back pocket and yellow thankfully to change his mind, it big time emphasised the fragility of running with 2 strikers. Parker WILL make a diference to that midfeild. . But on the other hand Defoe's 30? parker 31 would a new lucrative long term contract with a a manager they know and like temp them , with the emergence of Kaboul perhaps that puts a new light on dawsons situation. would 30 mil buy them?we all know the emphasis on balancing the books and 2/3 out = new midfielder perhaps and that new striker maybe? who knows, the way its going to play, but could well be an interesting January window

Selling Defoe with the form he's showing would be suicide for our season.

Parker cost us £5M and hasn't featured this season so could well be sold if QPR offer that or higher.

Dawson is the most probable to go considering he was nearly sold for around £10M in August and only he

was the one who turned it down.

Don't forget that Levy likes to recoup his spending whenever possible, and even make a profit,

so if the offers are high enough he will sell them.

Parker cost us £5M and hasn't featured this season so could well be sold if QPR offer that or higher.

Dawson is the most probable to go considering he was nearly sold for around £10M in August and only he

Don't forget that Levy likes to recoup his spending whenever possible, and even make a profit,

But sots...Parker has been injured. Had he been available he'd have been one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

But sots...Parker has been injured. Had he been available he'd have been one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

I know what you mean smokes, but if QPR offer over £5M Levy would consider it cos he's 31yrs old and he would be getting his money back.

Thats what Levy is like, why do you think VDV was sold, he was also the first names on the teamsheet last season but Levy couldn't

resist making a profit on him.

Also remember that Levy was reluctant to even pay £5M for Parker cos he thought he wouldn't get a resale on him, so it really

depends how much QPR offer, and whether Levy starts licking his fingers.

I know what you mean smokes, but if QPR offer over £5M Levy would consider it cos he's 31yrs old and he would be getting his money back.

Thats what Levy is like, why do you think VDV was sold, he was also the first names on the teamsheet last season but Levy couldn't

Also remember that Levy was reluctant to even pay £5M for Parker cos he thought he wouldn't get a resale on him, so it really

Makes sense yeah....I just hope he doesn't....and if he does its to fund a top quality replacement with real creative quality. No more bargain buys please Daniel!

"Makes sense yeah....I just hope he doesn't....and if he does its to fund a top quality replacement with real creative quality. No more bargain buys please Daniel! "

too right smokes,if the club comes into money,please buy some quality.

what defines a bargain buy? it used to be some kid or failed youth team player from the lower leagues, now it seems to be 4,5,6 million.

smalling may have been one of the best bargain buys in years,not by the northern mob,but by fulham.

Not so sure about Parker. He was Redknapps choice in the first place and has never played under AVB. Redknapps knows the way Levy think and a high bid might swing it with AVB thinking he can rely on Sandro and Livermore. So there might well be value in Levys eyes baring in mind he would originally have thought it was 5m gone.

As i said, no chance at all with Defoe

OOOPS, just read this after i posted!

Totally agree. I really don't want this to happen mind. I see us at our strongest playing 4-2-3-1 with Sandro alongside Parker and Dembele further up inside Lennon and Bale.

Whilst i'm talking about us at our strongest i'd like to see a fit back four comprising Walker Kaboul Caulker Vertoghen with first choice stand ins of BAE on the left, Naughton on the right and Dawson in the middle

i like dembele as a player, but i only wonder is he the creative player we are missing since the little ratty fella went to warmer climes.

Dembele is an excellent player and its very obvious we are not the same side without him but the guy we need and bar an almighty balls up by Levy should have signed was Moutinho from Porto

i like dembele as a player, but i only wonder is he the creative player we are missing since the little ratty fella went to warmer climes.

Dembele is an excellent player and its very obvious we are not the same side without him but the guy we need and bar an almighty balls up by Levy should have signed was Moutinho from Porto

yes Moutinho could be that creative spark we need.

i am happy with the rest of the midfield,no more gallas please, and another striker is required.

got the christmas period to survive and hope the festive season is not the same as many have been in the past.

yes Moutinho could be that creative spark we need.

i am happy with the rest of the midfield,no more gallas please, and another striker is required.

got the christmas period to survive and hope the festive season is not the same as many have been in the past.

A Moutinho type is the number one priority for us followed by a striker. Don't see us getting a striker aswell in january.

It was interesting to see AVB pick Dawson again and pleasing aswell. Gallas is way too slow and at 36 next birthday, past it. Most fans would want to see him or Vertoghen partnering in the cemter until Kaboul gets back in january. Ofcourse those options depend on when BAE gets back to fitness.

go with you on that carmine,dawson wears his shirt with pride, and all he crap he has gone through and he still bleeds for the team.

Absolutely. He's an example to all young players in the league. Since august, despite being rather frozen out he's never openly shown disent, he just gets on with it and he clearly wants to stay. He's a terrich player to have in the squad. I's also say the same about Brad Friedal.

Mystified how you can make a judgement on how Tottenham play with Dembele in or not...how many time has he played for you? four games? blink.png

Mystified how you can make a judgement on how Tottenham play with Dembele in or not...how many time has he played for you? four games? blink.png

If you'd watched all our games which i doubt you have, there is a massive difference between creative flowing football when he plays and a glaring lack of it when he doesn't. I really can't understand why even a Man Utd fan is unable to grasp this basic observation

Showing your lack of knowledge there Red, any team including yours would miss a player of Dembeles quality hence the reason we signed him.

Edited by alfieconn

If you'd watched all our games which i doubt you have, there is a massive difference between creative flowing football when he plays and a glaring lack of it when he doesn't. I really can't understand why even a Man Utd fan is unable to grasp this basic observation

Watched most yes ..... including the last 11 minutes against the Hammers smile.png

Did you see the Man Utd /Fulham game earlier this season when he wasn't just back from a hip injury, ran rings round Utd and was man of the match?

Nice to see you have begun to dig yourself another hole mate!! thumbsup.gif

Just edited. As a footnote, why are so many Man Utd fans seemingly so lacking in football knowledge? Just saying, answers anyone?

Edited by carmine

Did you see the Man Utd /Fulham game earlier this season when he wasn't just back from a hip injury, ran rings round Utd and was man of the match?

Nice to see you have begun to dig yourself another hole mate!! thumbsup.gif

Just edited. As a footnote, why are so many Man Utd fans seemingly so lacking in football knowledge? Just saying, answers anyone?

Yes carms, back in the day my old boss use to say to me B comes before M meaning engage brain before opening your mouth in Reds case it is B before K meaning engage brain before using the keyboard 4.gif

Yeah Carmine VDV was a game changer too i remember you saying,i think Dembele is a good player indeed but the point i made is he has not played that many times for you yet to remark he is the difference in your teams performances,if you think having a point of view on this is showing i have no knowledge on the game.....then it just shows your insecurities up as they already are thumbsup.gif

Yeah Carmine VDV was a game changer too i remember you saying,i think Dembele is a good player indeed but the point i made is he has not played that many times for you yet to remark he is the difference in your teams performances,if you think having a point of view on this is showing i have no knowledge on the game.....then it just shows your insecurities up as they already are thumbsup.gif

Yes Van Der Vaart was very much a game changer for us! He often made the difference and many Spurs fans think as i do in that we were very disappointed to have sold him. When he's played Dembele has been our creative spark that isn't quite there when he's been injured. So what IS your point? You just seem to be talking <deleted>!

He needs to be given more time,that's all before you go all superstar on him..........sorry i didn't realise you was so thick! whistling.gif

Given more time for what? He's hit the ground running is all i'm saying and he's been great for us. Who's calling him a superstar? Not me. Just saying he's been our creative spark.

You are bitch in the context of this discussion Red laugh.png

You need to go back to the relative security of the Utd thread when all you need do is quote Fergusons press conferences ad nauseum.

Toodle Pip

cheesy.gif hit the ground running?

Hasn't he been injured?

Talk about talking <deleted>.....you are correct back to the table leaders thread at least there ............there is a lot less bullshit spread about unrealistic ambitions wink.png

Toodle pip indeed!

cheesy.gif hit the ground running?

Hasn't he been injured?

Talk about talking <deleted>.....you are correct back to the table leaders thread at least there ............there is a lot less bullshit spread about unrealistic ambitions wink.png

Toodle pip indeed!

He was out for a few games, yes. Why, does that mean all his performances count for nothing? Again i'll ask; exactly what IS your point?

i'll make it easy for Red, if you were to sign a top class midfield player you would know that he is going to make a difference to the team before he played any games let alone four games, even more so with your midfield !

Edited by alfieconn