Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Interesting article in The Guardian.

Usurping Cristiano Ronaldo would be final step in Gareth Bale evolution

Teenager once seen as 'soft' by Redknapp and rejected by Ferguson and Wenger is intent on taking Real Madrid by storm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/28/cristiano-ronaldo-gareth-bale-real-madrid

Bales's management team must have the ear of someone at The Guardian. There have been a slew of articles printed there recently about Bale wanting out. Messages being sent...wink.png

Single pot.... I am thinking the stadium will be called after whatever sponsors come up with the requisite cash.....

I put my money on a motor racing giant........ But Levy will get the best deal for the club.....

Great position to be in, having just won thenPremier League 13/14. The sponsors will be getting in line around next Easter....I reckon

Edited by iancnx

RED if you look back we unanimously agreed that if there was an offer in the region of 80 mil we would have to take it. However has their ? SHOW ME ONE ANNOUNCEMENT BY SPURS MADRID OR BALE .....oh that's right there ain't any . not even from an agent but when 80 plus is tabled Levy loves a bit of publicity lm sure he'll b more than hapi to tell as aplc arnt they obliged to announce such an offer ? probably not,just a thought though.

RM ain't got the dosh. A player swap would work for sure..... But Gareth wants to stay at WHL.

Haven't you heard? Man U are buying Ronaldo to fund Bale. :-)

Do you mean Real Madrid are selling their best player to Man Utd in order to fund a bid for Bale?

Strange, Banco Madrid normally just give them the money? Aside of that though, why would they sell the second best player in the world to buy the still inferior Gareth Bale.

I can't make any sense out of this, can you? Can any of you for that matter? The biggest club in the world selling their best player to buy a relatively unproven player.

• Like 1

RED if you look back we unanimously agreed that if there was an offer in the region of 80 mil we would have to take it. However has their ? SHOW ME ONE ANNOUNCEMENT BY SPURS MADRID OR BALE .....oh that's right there ain't any . not even from an agent but when 80 plus is tabled Levy loves a bit of publicity lm sure he'll b more than hapi to tell as aplc arnt they obliged to announce such an offer ? probably not,just a thought though.

RM ain't got the dosh. A player swap would work for sure..... But Gareth wants to stay at WHL.

LMAO at that one!

Will the new stadium be called The GB Stadium.

Transfer news: Gareth Bale odds-on with Sky Bet to leave Tottenham

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8845192/transfer-news-gareth-bale-odds-on-with-sky-bet-to-leave-tottenham

Odds on to leave on skybet is a reasonably fair indication he'll be stayingbiggrin.png

Sky Bet have been forced to cut the odds on the Welsh star moving to Real Madrid from 5/2 to 1/2 due to a run of significant bets.

That sort of shift means a LOT of money has been placed on a move.

• Like 1

Do you mean Real Madrid are selling their best player to Man Utd in order to fund a bid for Bale?

Strange, Banco Madrid normally just give them the money? Aside of that though, why would they sell the second best player in the world to buy the still inferior Gareth Bale.

I can't make any sense out of this, can you? Can any of you for that matter? The biggest club in the world selling their best player to buy a relatively unproven player.

I think Bale will steal the show and Ronaldo wouldn't like that.

Single pot.... I am thinking the stadium will be called after whatever sponsors come up with the requisite cash.....

I put my money on a motor racing giant........ But Levy will get the best deal for the club.....

Great position to be in, having just won thenPremier League 13/14. The sponsors will be getting in lie around next Easter....I reckon

Willing to put money on it?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8845192/transfer-news-gareth-bale-odds-on-with-sky-bet-to-leave-tottenham

Odds on to leave on skybet is a reasonably fair indication he'll be stayingbiggrin.png

Sky Bet have been forced to cut the odds on the Welsh star moving to Real Madrid from 5/2 to 1/2 due to a run of significant bets.

Yes by idiots reading skysports bullshit transfer rumorsclap2.gif

Great position to be in, having just won thenPremier League 13/14. The sponsors will be getting in lie around next Easter....I reckon

Willing to put money on it?

• Like 1

Either way Spurs can't really lose.

If he wants to go to Real I think it would be a great shame for him to be held back.

AVB has done a very good job with him.

If you believe the Guardian it looks like Gareth has got something to prove.

No CL this season with Spurs. No World Cup.

good luck.

Makes zero sense Carmine unless Ronaldo wants out and Perez has been blowing smoke about his definitely staying. I'm still puzzled as to why RM would spend so much money for Bale, when he and Ronaldo essentially man the same part of the pitch. They'll be running into each other constantly.tongue.png Ronaldo won't like that. Of course if Ronaldo really is want away, then things are a little easier to understand.

And then there's Perez's ego, which would lead him to spend mega dosh on a player, though great, is not really the player his club needs at the moment.

Teenager once seen as 'soft' by Redknapp and rejected by Ferguson and Wenger is intent on taking Real Madrid by storm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/28/cristiano-ronaldo-gareth-bale-real-madrid

Bales's management team must have the ear of someone at The Guardian. There have been a slew of articles printed there recently about Bale wanting out. Messages being sent...wink.png

JD, mate, come on.... It's all just regurgitated <deleted> from Marca, from last week. NO OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE from either club. Bale wants his payday from WHL, Levy needs to meet Bale reasonable expectations through negotiation and Agent needs to get his reward for doing <deleted> all except creating havoc.

Situation normal. And your newspapers create more fiction..... Ho hum.... Mine's a Leo

Makes zero sense Carmine unless Ronaldo wants out and Perez has been blowing smoke about his definitely staying. I'm still puzzled as to why RM would spend so much money for Bale, when he and Ronaldo essentially man the same part of the pitch. They'll be running into each other constantly.tongue.png Ronaldo won't like that. Of course if Ronaldo really is want away, then things are a little easier to understand.

And then there's Perez's ego, which would lead him to spend mega dosh on a player, though great, is not really the player his club needs at the moment.

JD, mate, come on.... It's all just regurgitated <deleted> from Marca, from last week. NO OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE from either club. Bale wants his payday from WHL, Levy needs to meet Bale reasonable expectations through negotiation and Agent needs to get his reward for doing <deleted> all except creating havoc.

Situation normal. And your newspapers create more fiction..... Ho hum.... Mine's a Leo

I was simply making a statement.

If you want to go the idiot route that's OK with me, if you can't respond appropriately.

If you have no idea how much money it takes to go from 5/2 against to 1/2 on then there's only one idiot here mate!

Appears you have the clap.

Oh and by the way, he's gone from favourite with every bookmaker yesterday to stay at Spurs, to favourite with every bookmaker to be at Real Madrid, so it's not only Sky Bet taking the money!

Edited by uptheos

why is the possibility that Bale does want to leave dismissed as false media reports?

Because the true media reports are the ones that say he doesn't want to leave.wink.png

Or any report stating they are interested in buying someone, is a feasible media report.

• Like 1

I was simply making a statement.

If you want to go the idiot route that's OK with me, if you can't respond appropriately.

If you have no idea how much money it takes to go from 5/2 against to 1/2 on then there's only one idiot here mate!

Appears you have the clap.

Hey Upyours..... Go work for a bookie for a couple of weeks.... Then come back and make that ridiculous statement. This is not the Grand National, The Derby, or the Budweiser. The 'book' we are discussing here is minuscule, and the bookies will manipulate it to however will suit their 'market' the best....... No need to expand on that surely?

Hey Upyours..... Go work for a bookie for a couple of weeks.... Then come back and make that ridiculous statement. This is not the Grand National, The Derby, or the Budweiser. The 'book' we are discussing here is minuscule, and the bookies will manipulate it to however will suit their 'market' the best....... No need to expand on that surely?

And you know how big that particular market is how?

"Hey Upyours..... Go work for a bookie for a couple of weeks.... Then come back and make that ridiculous statement. This is not the Grand National, The Derby, or the Budweiser. The 'book' we are discussing here is minuscule, and the bookies will manipulate it to however will suit their 'market' the best....... No need to expand on that surely?"

I'll go and work for a bookie when you learn how to use the quote function.....it's actually quite easy!

If Carms starting 11 becomes a reality..... You are all gonna be shizling yourselves..... COYS...... This is the Tottenham Thread you sad bas#}{>ds.....lol

Sell Bale, invest in a truly world class left back and maybe another player and you would be in a good position?

If Carms starting 11 becomes a reality..... You are all gonna be shizling yourselves..... COYS...... This is the Tottenham Thread you sad bas#}{>ds.....lol

Sell Bale, invest in a truly world class left back and maybe another player and you would be in a good position?

Sell Bale, get the two players in exchange one of whom is a first class left back and then put the spare 50 Mil in Daniel's Cayman Island fund more likely.

whilst i'm sure bales management team has the ear of EVERY paper,No quotes from either club, agents or ANY of the players have appeared ANYWHERE. the guardian are just doing what all the others are doing, ATM cobbling speculation together, they would be remiss not to, from my point of view they are just far better written.

whilst i'm sure bales management team has the ear of EVERY paper,No quotes from either club, agents or ANY of the players have appeared ANYWHERE. the guardian are just doing what all the others are doing, ATM cobbling speculation together, they would be remiss not to, from my point of view they are just far better written.

Don't waste your breath Chicog, he has no idea.

After i wrote what i did and then you come bac with this !!!! <deleted> Ian sometimes you bemuse me.

• Like 1