Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A really crap performance. 'Arry is turning us into a route one long ball team. How long till Lennon is back, because it can't be soon enough.

Jenas is a total ponce. Away to Wolves, midweek fixture, we need scrappers. Why did'nt Palacios start?

Kaboul was crap last time he played for us. Oh here's a good idea, let's buy him back for 5million. Guess what, he's still crap!

'Arry is getting very short of ideas. Crouchie this, Crouchie fcuken that. Change the record.

Rant over

A really crap performance. 'Arry is turning us into a route one long ball team. How long till Lennon is back, because it can't be soon enough.

Jenas is a total ponce. Away to Wolves, midweek fixture, we need scrappers. Why did'nt Palacios start?

Kaboul was crap last time he played for us. Oh here's a good idea, let's buy him back for 5million. Guess what, he's still crap!

'Arry is getting very short of ideas. Crouchie this, Crouchie fcuken that. Change the record.

Rant over

thats a pity carmine , i was really enjoying reading that :)

Click onto the John Nicolson column. Food for thought i think.......

Very interesting reading. Personally I was quite happy until Christmas and was not to concerned at the first few matches we dominated but failed to win. I just put it down to Just one of those days. But its too many now and this business of going to sleep in the last 5 minutes especially by Dawson doesnt seem to be something Arry knows how to cure. Maybe Hiddink is the man we need. Lets get him now while we still have a chance to finish higher than 8th which is where I said we would finsh a month ago when we were 4th but had played more games than others.

www.football365.com

Edited by mysterytrevor

Click onto the John Nicolson column. Food for thought i think.......

Very interesting reading. Personally I was quite happy until Christmas and was not to concerned at the first few matches we dominated but failed to win. I just put it down to Just one of those days. But its too many now and this business of going to sleep in the last 5 minutes especially by Dawson doesnt seem to be something Arry knows how to cure. Maybe Hiddink is the man we need. Lets get him now while we still have a chance to finish higher than 8th which is where I said we would finsh a month ago when we were 4th but had played more games than others.

www.football365.com

Whether Hiddink wants to come to us is another matter altogether, but one things for sure. After the way Martin Jol was treated we all know Levy is up for taking ruthless decisions!

I too think HR has probably taken us as far as he can. Top four is highly unlikely, 7th or 8th realistic, with hopefully a continuing cup run

Top four is highly unlikely, 7th or 8th realistic, with hopefully a continuing cup run

I see your glass is still half empty carmine? Lighten up mate I know its a tough few games ahead but we're still in with a decent chance.

Just being realistic. Maybe we'll discuss after the Everton game on Sunday. Rednapp is going to have to come up with a few new ideas to win that one. If he plays the hoof to Crouch stuff we won't even take a point. Time to play Pav, and please keep Jenas on the bench.

Chelski should beat City, and i'd like to think that Blackburn might nick a point against a dog average Liverpool but doubt they will.

Just on a footnote, how long are we going to have to listen to the fcukin tw#t Wenger shouting his gob off. Great season but, oh God, two and a half months of that whinging and whining whenever another team plays better than them or beats them. Oh, and I just hope he does'nt turn up at the Lane wearing that raincoat with the plimsoles on his feet....that was scary! :)

Actually Smokie, i am quite upbeat with our chances and if you check out our remaining fixtures we should stay right in there, although i wish Rednapp had'nt contrived to weaken us in the transfer window!!

Bentleys doing a reasonable job but we are still desperate for Lennon. I also think Bale is improving hugely and was very good against Wigan. I think the creativity of Modric will be crucial against what will be a very well organised Everton side.

Top four is highly unlikely, 7th or 8th realistic, with hopefully a continuing cup run

I see your glass is still half empty carmine? Lighten up mate I know its a tough few games ahead but we're still in with a decent chance.

Just being realistic. Maybe we'll discuss after the Everton game on Sunday. Rednapp is going to have to come up with a few new ideas to win that one. If he plays the hoof to Crouch stuff we won't even take a point. Time to play Pav, and please keep Jenas on the bench.

Chelski should beat City, and i'd like to think that Blackburn might nick a point against a dog average Liverpool but doubt they will.

Just on a footnote, how long are we going to have to listen to the fcukin tw#t Wenger shouting his gob off. Great season but, oh God, two and a half months of that whinging and whining whenever another team plays better than them or beats them. Oh, and I just hope he does'nt turn up at the Lane wearing that raincoat with the plimsoles on his feet....that was scary! :)

Yes Carmine, if Pav could play 90mins like he played the 17 mins he was on it would be like having a new player.Hopefully Lennon coming back will help and add more impetus to our attacks ( thats if his latest setback is not too serious ).

Lets hope Sharecropper's prediction is correct but somehow i can't see it really.

Yes Carmine, if Pav could play 90mins like he played the 17 mins he was on it would be like having a new player.Hopefully Lennon coming back will help and add more impetus to our attacks ( thats if his latest setback is not too serious ).

Lets hope Sharecropper's prediction is correct but somehow i can't see it really.

Tend to agree. I see this weekends game as a huge indicator. Everton possibly the best side in the premiership this month and we are definately under pressure to win. Maybe Pav could be the difference :D

Tend to agree. I see this weekends game as a huge indicator. Everton possibly the best side in the premiership this month and we are definately under pressure to win. Maybe Pav could be the difference :)

Pav has eyes firmly fixed on the summer. Obviously someone has had a word in his ear. It can only be good for our run in but I still hope we get rid of him in the summer. The sooner Lennon returns the better as he will be fighting for a place in the starting eleven there as well. I reckon we will get better all round for the rest of this season barring injuries. :D

I don't know if the credit is due to Redknapp, the coaching staff or the player himself but Gareth Bale has been absolutely superb since taking over the left back slot and his attacking play has been ever bit as good as his defensive work and for me if Assou Ekotto can't play in another position he just won't get a game and that fact is compounded with the return of Kaboul which I'm not sure I understand at this stage.

One player who I think we need to rest a bit is Huddlestone. I had him down as our player of the season (I like backing outsiders) but he just isn't imposing himself and his 'radar' is well and truly on the blink but who to slot in there in his place?

I don't know if the credit is due to Redknapp, the coaching staff or the player himself but Gareth Bale has been absolutely superb since taking over the left back slot and his attacking play has been ever bit as good as his defensive work and for me if Assou Ekotto can't play in another position he just won't get a game and that fact is compounded with the return of Kaboul which I'm not sure I understand at this stage.

One player who I think we need to rest a bit is Huddlestone. I had him down as our player of the season (I like backing outsiders) but he just isn't imposing himself and his 'radar' is well and truly on the blink but who to slot in there in his place?

Re Bale: yep the lad is starting to mature - now cut the hair :)

Re Kaboul: Arry likes guys that can hit it hard - see Huddlestone.

Re Bale: yep the lad is starting to mature - now cut the hair :D

Yes James, Bale's hair is a disgrace!! Maybe a new forum topic should be worst hairstyles in the league. Bale would be there, and ofcourse the first name on the teamsheet, Fellainni. :)

Re Bale: yep the lad is starting to mature - now cut the hair :D

Yes James, Bale's hair is a disgrace!! Maybe a new forum topic should be worst hairstyles in the league. Bale would be there, and ofcourse the first name on the teamsheet, Fellainni. :)

rooney would be over qualified.

Seems like its on True 1 at 3am tonight chaps.

Fancy a little 3-0 for some reason which probaly means we will lose :) .

I reckon we could see Pav and Gud starting tonight although i hope its Pav and Defoe.

Pav/Defoe to start and hopefully get some goals and give Gud a run out.

I just hope they are focused on this game and not on next Sunday

Seems like its on True 1 at 3am tonight chaps.

Fancy a little 3-0 for some reason which probaly means we will lose :D .

I reckon we could see Pav and Gud starting tonight although i hope its Pav and Defoe.

Change that to 5-0 after seeing boltons team :)

Well we split the difference alfie. A good result and another brace for Pavlyuchenko. He seems to be hitting form at the right time. :D

Maybe Hiddink is the man we need. Lets get him now while we still have a chance to finish higher than 8th which is where I said we would finsh a month ago when we were 4th but had played more games than others.

Typical Tottenham "fan", the grass is always greener....

Some people seem to forget where we were last season! 'Arry has got us currently 4th in the PL, QF of the FA CUP and playing some some decent stuff. I agree that 4th is probably just out of reach end of this season (check the NIGHTMARE March fixtures!!) but give 'Arry another summer to bring in 2 or 3 class players and watch us go next term.

Great to see Pav coming good finally, hope he can keep it up. I've said for a while the guy is class (awesome in Euro 2008) but he seems the kind of character you need to nurture a little bit and "arm around the shoulder" a bit.

Maybe Hiddink is the man we need. Lets get him now while we still have a chance to finish higher than 8th which is where I said we would finsh a month ago when we were 4th but had played more games than others.

Some people seem to forget where we were last season! 'Arry has got us currently 4th in the PL, QF of the FA CUP and playing some some decent stuff. I agree that 4th is probably just out of reach end of this season (check the NIGHTMARE March fixtures!!) but give 'Arry another summer to bring in 2 or 3 class players and watch us go next term.

Great to see Pav coming good finally, hope he can keep it up. I've said for a while the guy is class (awesome in Euro 2008) but he seems the kind of character you need to nurture a little bit and "arm around the shoulder" a bit.

To Cockney G

Yes Pav clearly does need nurturing and clearly that has'nt been done. Who's fault is that? The only reason Rednapp bought him back last weekend is because Crouch is playing so <deleted>. No credit to Rednapp there, and i hope he has the timerity not to try and take it

We have not been playing "some good stuff" recently. Quite the opposite, unless you like the long ball hoof to Crouch that the entire premiership can read. (We currently stand top of Sky's long ball league :) ) Until Pav came back we were without ideas and the goals have dried up.

Great result last night, any four goal win is great, even if it is against a second string Bolton.

The real test starts on Sunday against an extremely good Everton side, and the way we have been playing the last month we are going to have to pick it up an aweful lot to get the points.

Just saying it as i see it. Rednapp thus far has done a superb job but i don't see him taking us much further.

I hope the virus thats been causing havoc all week doesn't distract us today as this is a must win game for us following City's win.

Just to top it all Lennon is out for at least another month. What's going on with the medics? No one should be sidelined for over 3 months with a hernia! :)

:):D:D made my day reading that, should maybe change the name to nextseason hotspur :D:D

:):D:D made my day reading that, should maybe change the name to nextseason hotspur :D:D

I always felt certain that one of the scammers would throw that one in to CG's post and you did;nt let me down :D