Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Carlo Cudicini's Tottenham return delights Redknapp

_45426267_cudicini.jpgTottenham manager Harry Redknapp was delighted by Carlo Cudicini's return in Saturday's game at Bournemouth - eight months after a motorbike accident. Spurs beat their League One opponents 4-0 in the friendly, with goalkeeper Cudicini making his first appearance since the incident in November.

Cudicini, 36, suffered pelvic and wrist injuries in a collision with a car in Walthamstow but has fully recovered.

Redknapp told the club website: "I'm so pleased he has recovered, delighted."

Former Chelsea player Cudicini signed a new contract in May that is set to keep him at White Hart Lane until 2011.

o.gifThe Italian last played for Tottenham in a 2-2 draw against Bolton in October 2009.

"It is great to have him back and available," added Redknapp. "He looked good against Bournemouth and that's great news for him and for us. He is ready to go.

"He is a great professional, a terrific goalkeeper and a top guy. He has done fantastic to recover after that horrific accident.

"He has just gone on with it and worked his socks off to get fit. We all knew he faced a struggle to get fit but he has worked hard with [goalkeeping coach] Tony Parks everyday all through the summer and he feels good."

Tottenham defeated Bournemouth thanks to a first-half strike by Jonathan Obika and a second-half brace from Roman Pavlyuchenko, with Danny Rose also scoring.

Striker Robbie Keane made his Tottenham return, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Celtic, while Spurs also hit the woodwork twice through Adel Taarabt and Andros Townsend.

The only disappointment for Spurs was the sight of winger David Bentley limping off in the first half.

At least this solves the goalkeeping problem for another season but any news on who's coming in?

Carlo Cudicini's Tottenham return delights Redknapp

_45426267_cudicini.jpg  Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp was delighted by Carlo Cudicini's return in Saturday's game at Bournemouth - eight months after a motorbike accident. Spurs beat their League One opponents 4-0 in the friendly, with goalkeeper Cudicini making his first appearance since the incident in November.

Cudicini, 36, suffered pelvic and wrist injuries in a collision with a car in Walthamstow but has fully recovered.

Redknapp told the club website: "I'm so pleased he has recovered, delighted."

Former Chelsea player Cudicini signed a new contract in May that is set to keep him at White Hart Lane until 2011.

o.gifThe Italian last played for Tottenham in a 2-2 draw against Bolton in October 2009.

"It is great to have him back and available," added Redknapp. "He looked good against Bournemouth and that's great news for him and for us. He is ready to go.

"He is a great professional, a terrific goalkeeper and a top guy. He has done fantastic to recover after that horrific accident.

"He has just gone on with it and worked his socks off to get fit. We all knew he faced a struggle to get fit but he has worked hard with [goalkeeping coach] Tony Parks everyday all through the summer and he feels good."

Tottenham defeated Bournemouth thanks to a first-half strike by Jonathan Obika and a second-half brace from Roman Pavlyuchenko, with Danny Rose also scoring.

Striker Robbie Keane made his Tottenham return, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Celtic, while Spurs also hit the woodwork twice through Adel Taarabt and Andros Townsend.

The only disappointment for Spurs was the sight of winger David Bentley limping off in the first half.

At least this solves the goalkeeping problem for another season but any news on who's coming in?

Robbie Keane :lol:

Robbie Keane :lol:

Getting him in the shop window James.....yours for Berbatov and £8m......actually just give us the money. :D

i love you people,

does any one on here know when saggy chops and mandric go on trial?? word is mandric offered twitchy to return to pompey, twitchy tells mandric to hold back on an anouncement and both bet upwards of 1m on the rturn of twitchy, ??? parrently belmarsh does a blindin lasagne.

that suarez fella is good , dya reckon youve got im??

i love you people,

does any one on here know when saggy chops and mandric go on trial?? word is mandric offered twitchy to return to pompey, twitchy tells mandric to hold back on an anouncement and both bet upwards of 1m on the rturn of twitchy, ??? parrently belmarsh does a blindin lasagne.

I must admit I was surprised the board sanctioned a new deal for Rednknapp with the court case hanging over him but they're obviously not too concerned.

Rumour has it your lot have first pick on the South Americans so I'm happy if Suarez is coming to the Lane yeah great player hope its true.

i love you people,

I must admit I was surprised the board sanctioned a new deal for Rednknapp with the court case hanging over him but they're obviously not too concerned.

Rumour has it your lot have first pick on the South Americans so I'm happy if Suarez is coming to the Lane yeah great player hope its true.

Lets have a reality check here!

Why on earth would Suarez come to WHL? The top teams in europe want his signature and we cany even guarrantee CL group stages. Likewise talk of Luis Fabiano is so ludicrous its irritating. Simon Kjaer, the Danish center back just signed for Wolfsburg, and that was a shame as i thought we might get him.

The most realistic forward signing for us is Bellamy if he drops his wage demands. I also think we have a decent chance of signing Joe Cole, aithough I hear that Dos Santos is finishing his loan spell in Turkey and to my mind, sorting out the situation with him is more important than signing Cole. He proved in the world cup that he is potentially a far better asset than Cole and we won't have to put up with the wage demands of another overated 29 year old English player.

i love you people,

Lets have a reality check here!

Why on earth would Suarez come to WHL? The top teams in europe want his signature and we cany even guarrantee CL group stages. Likewise talk of Luis Fabiano is so ludicrous its irritating. Simon Kjaer, the Danish center back just signed for Wolfsburg, and that was a shame as i thought we might get him.

The most realistic forward signing for us is Bellamy if he drops his wage demands. I also think we have a decent chance of signing Joe Cole, aithough I hear that Dos Santos is finishing his loan spell in Turkey and to my mind, sorting out the situation with him is more important than signing Cole. He proved in the world cup that he is potentially a far better asset than Cole and we won't have to put up with the wage demands of another overated 29 year old English player.

I understand your caution but we need a better class of striker for the Champions league matches....yes I know we have to get through the qualifying round but looking at the other sides we should really make it into the league.

Regarding Dos Santos I hope 'Arry is gonna be breathing down his neck from now on and keeping him well away from Chinawhite's etc and he gets an extended run in the first team....we'll see.

Bellamy is a good player and would be a good signing ....probably a better one than Joe Cole who bearing in mind can't keep SWP out of the England side and not wanted by Chelsea tells its own story.

We certainly are very quiet on the transfer rumour mill. I saw a very recent interview with "Arry and he said he was happy with the existing squad and in no hurry to add to it. Am i alone in thinking he's talking out of his rear end?

Interested to hear what the Tottenham supporters think about the prospect of us going into next season, lets say, with CL in the group stages, with no additions to the squad.

I'll start by saying that our current crop of strikers need too many chances to score and will really struggle in CL. Woodgate is a huge injury worry and i'm sceptical about whether Cudicini is up to it. The midfield is extremely strong and if Modric ups his goal tally i think we can shred a couple to raise money to spend in other areas.

We certainly are very quiet on the transfer rumour mill. I saw a very recent interview with "Arry and he said he was happy with the existing squad and in no hurry to add to it. Am i alone in thinking he's talking out of his rear end?

Interested to hear what the Tottenham supporters think about the prospect of us going into next season, lets say, with CL in the group stages, with no additions to the squad.

I'll start by saying that our current crop of strikers need too many chances to score and will really struggle in CL. Woodgate is a huge injury worry and i'm sceptical about whether Cudicini is up to it. The midfield is extremely strong and if Modric ups his goal tally i think we can shred a couple to raise money to spend in other areas.

The Seville lad Fabiano seems to have changed his tune lately.....'I didn't realise the extent of Spurs ambition' etc......

Not much maybe he's not heard about our wage structure yet.....

Luis Fabiano will just use us for self promotion. He won't be looking to join a club outside of the biggest six or eight clubs in europe. I'm not convinced his ability and track record necessarily matches his wage demands either.

I guess most clubs are waiting for the post World Cup inflated agent demands to die down before dipping into the transfer market. I'm inclined to agree with you on buying a central defender should be top priority.

Nothing wrong with Cudicini as cover though imo.

I guess most clubs are waiting for the post World Cup inflated agent demands to die down before dipping into the transfer market. I'm inclined to agree with you on buying a central defender should be top priority.

He used to be a but when he came in as cover the last few occasions he was a nightmare.

My priority is a striker. But, at the end of the day, theres who you want and who you are actually going to get.

Regarding center backs, i think we have to face the prospect the Woodgate is not going to be playing much longer, if at all. Ledley will play sixty per cent of our season at best.

He used to be a but when he came in as cover the last few occasions he was a nightmare.

My priority is a striker. But, at the end of the day, theres who you want and who you are actually going to get.

Regarding center backs, i think we have to face the prospect the Woodgate is not going to be playing much longer, if at all. Ledley will play sixty per cent of our season at best.

Maybe if we saw a couple of players sold.......no word there even but its the same for most clubs.....seems there's simply no money out there.

Edited by smokie36

Just announced that we are the first premier league club to ban vuvuzelas.

I was thinking that all the other clubs would do the same but, reading further down the BBC article it says that Blackpool are actually encouraging their fans to bring them. I hope they are relagated.

It makes me shudder to think that i might have to put up with that irritating racket throughout next season. :(

I was thinking that all the other clubs would do the same but, reading further down the BBC article it says that Blackpool are actually encouraging their fans to bring them. I hope they are relagated.

It makes me shudder to think that i might have to put up with that irritating racket throughout next season. :(

They're being openly invited to the other North London shitehole, i kid you not...lol

They're being openly invited to the other North London shitehole, i kid you not...lol

My take on that would be that the board decded it was better to have "some" noise than the silence they normally play in. :D

My take on that would be that the board decded it was better to have "some" noise than the silence they normally play in. :D

A fair comment on the wit intelligence and vocal support form their fans.....HONK HONK......look forward to much piss taking at their away games....:lol:

A fair comment on the wit intelligence and vocal support form their fans.....HONK HONK......look forward to much piss taking at their away games....:lol:

they are being encouraged to make our african/french, dutch and spanish etc... stars feel more at home. a bit like being back at the world cup in s. africa, dont yah know!

no of course you wouldnt, there werent that many spurs representatives at the world cup and the ones that were didnt last long anyway. wink.gif

oh and btw the other reason for the use of the vevuzelas, is to drown out all the utter dribble being spouted out from white hart lane and upton park! laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Now that Joe has found a club stupid enough to pay him all that money, it looks like we can sort out the signing of Belamey. He would make a much greater impact at WHL than Cole.

Whilst i like Cole as a player, he's got great skill, what lingers in my mind is why, if he's the guy that can open defences, did neither JM or Ancelotti rate him? I'd rather see us operating around Modric and sorting out this ridiculous situation with Dos Santos.

they are being encouraged to make our african/french, dutch and spanish etc... stars feel more at home. a bit like being back at the world cup in s. africa, dont yah know!

no of course you wouldnt, there werent that many spurs representatives at the world cup and the ones that were didnt last long anyway. wink.gif

oh and btw the other reason for the use of the vevuzelas, is to drown out all the utter dribble being spouted out from white hart lane and upton park! laugh.gif

You can keep Fabregas on the bench all season....well if he aint been sold that is....:whistling:

Official Arse hooters only please...ching ching....muppets the lot of you! :D

Now that Joe has found a club stupid enough to pay him all that money, it looks like we can sort out the signing of Belamey. He would make a much greater impact at WHL than Cole.

Whilst i like Cole as a player, he's got great skill, what lingers in my mind is why, if he's the guy that can open defences, did neither JM or Ancelotti rate him? I'd rather see us operating around Modric and sorting out this ridiculous situation with Dos Santos.

I see the sun headline today has Raul looking for a move to us....7 goals last season.....simply laughable nonsense.....the transfer market really is moving at snails pace this summer.

Cole was simply too much of a gamble for us to break the wage structure so a good call imo. ;)

I see the sun headline today has Raul looking for a move to us....7 goals last season.....simply laughable nonsense.....the transfer market really is moving at snails pace this summer.

Cole was simply too much of a gamble for us to break the wage structure so a good call imo. ;)

Why break the wage structure when you already have a midfield like ours.

Modric

Kranjaer

Sandro

Palacios

Huddlestone

Lennon

Bentley

Jenas

Cole knew he would stay on the bench for long periods if he came to us. Sure, i'd like him, but the finances don't work for us.

It's the extra quality upfront we need and Raul, looking for one last big payday is a non starter. I'm sure it's rubbish anyway spread by some bored tabloid hack.

Ill always concern over our center backs aswell with the King/Woodgate injury situation. Saying that, we have Bassong and Dawson, both of whom had very good seasons, but are untested at the levels to which we aspire.

All in all though, we have reason to be quietly positive about being very competitive this season. However, looking at the spending by City, and soon to be Chelsea it's going to be a very tough season whichever way you look at it.

Hilarious.

You sure do know how to crack a good joke Tiger Fish..

You have the same type of humpour of every other Frenchman i know..

You can keep Fabregas on the bench all season....well if he aint been sold that is....:whistling:

funny you should mention puppets smokie. i always thought your "arry" would have made a great spitting image character. :lol:

Edited by tigerfish

funny you should mention puppets smokie. i always thought your "arry" would have made a great spitting image character. :lol:

twitchy must be the most pi@@ed off bout the snails pace of transfers, thats where he usually gets his bungs,

never mind ,his trial is in september, roughly around the time qualifying stages of cl wil be over, porridge.

ps tigerfish?? wh would yer french arse supporters

- welcome the sound of vuvuzelas at the library?? les grenouiles were <deleted> at wc and would more likely spew , at the sound of one