Tottenham Thread

chonabot

• oh verity played in every w/c game for Belgium

anyway all this aint getting us anywhere, but what his Belgium career to date points to, is to question has potts been using him in his best position?, seems he's lost 1st spot at c/b with us that gives us a clue, ,so how better or worse at l/b is he over rose is the question? from what i remember of his early days when king and co were in front of him in the c/b pecking order and he played l/b, he was good in fact v good, i'de have him well infront of rose, but there you go, football, a game of opinions,,,wai.gif

And according to the bbc link to the mirror he's 29, yet no doubt expensive

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd wager $8mil and likely less, but why would Spurs want another player with an attitude problem ?

And according to the bbc link to the mirror he's 29, yet no doubt expensive

I'd wager $8mil and likely less, but why would Spurs want another player with an attitude problem ?

tbh jel, attitude can be handled, he wouldnt be the first to go to the uk with an disciplinary issue, look at zebady r/b at man city he was fuckin pantomime villain in spain red's and yellows all over the place , now he's gods gift and barely gets looked at by the refs. the issue is is he gonna frigging score!!!

this one id'e have a ruf guess is the first one barring the southampton boy, that potts has suggested, maybe the c/b and hopefully we aint seen the best of him just yet,so will be interesting 2 c how it develops

Word is some Spurs scouts are in Buenos Aires this week, specifically to look at River Plate's Colombian forward Teo Gutierrez. Talented player but ready for the EPL ? I would think the jury is out on that, plus he has shown a bad attitude often in the past. A gamble I would think, but I suppose he couldn't be much worse than Adebayor or Soldado.

Looks like he played more as a No.10 against the US jd and we've already got 6 of them biggrin.png

Footnote : Can't believe that our scouts went all the way to BA last week when he's been at the training ground this week and played at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

He's definitely not a #10 Alfie.

TBH I wouldn't touch him with a cattle prod. He has a history of being a poisonous malcontent. He is often referred to as "mal leche", which in the local vernacular translates as "spoiled milk".thumbsup.gif

Maybe Pochettino is eyeing other players down here as well. I couldn't say.

Perhaps not, but he was against the USA according to the website I looked at !

His assistant Jesus Perez explained: "When we do defensive and attacking exercises we always rotate the players so they each get to experience all of the positions."

That's obviously where we're going wrong, our right back still thinks he's playing centre half and vice versa biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Here we go again!!

Tottenham XI: Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane, Soldado. Subs. Vorm, Ball, Chiriches, Ceballos, Lennon, Paulinho, Stambouli.

No Kaboul biggrin.png

Like 2 up front, Dembele really needs to put in a performance cos i don't see Eriksen and Lamela helping too much defensively

Not a lot of attacking options from the bench....

Anyway 3 points desperately needed COYS w00t.gif

no injuries that's been announced so it would seems potts has cracked the whip , no place in the squad for adeboy, rose or kaboul,,,

lets hope kane and Soldado 'hit' it off. we're so over due an upfront pairing showing some results and if he gets a chance lets hope paulhino can show some of that promise he showed early last season, but he cost 16? mil he's mid 20's and a full Brazilian international, IMO he shouldn't be showing promise , he should be delivering !!!! lets hope the expensive imports 'fancy it ' on wet and windy day in Hull.biggrin.png

no injuries that's been announced so it would seems potts has cracked the whip , no place in the squad for adeboy, rose or kaboul,,,

lets hope kane and Soldado 'hit' it off. we're so over due an upfront pairing showing some results and if he gets a chance lets hope paulhino can show some of that promise he showed early last season, but he cost 16? mil he's mid 20's and a full Brazilian international, IMO he shouldn't be showing promise , he should be delivering !!!! lets hope the expensive imports 'fancy it ' on wet and windy day in Hull.biggrin.png

Adeboy has a back strain apparently, prob from picking his paycheck up - kaboul 'personal reasons' maybe its finally dawned on him he's <deleted>.

ht report - no width, complete shower......................sad to say they don't fancy a wet sunday in hull bah.gif

sort it out poch

honestly i'm a glass half full man!!

Unconvincing win, but i'm pleased that Kane scored AGAIN

and we started with two strikers instead of one, although Soldado didn't

offer much.

I hope Poch saw the improvement in the team when Lennon came on and will

now give him a chance to start a match, also Eriksen showed that when he's up for

it, he can be a match winner.

• Like 1

now give him a chance to start a match,

yeah , on the right PLEASE not the left.

You forgot to mention Vertonghen was our best defender, by a distance. Surprise, surprise!

Oh yes and please only bring on Lennon as an impact player (as Poch is) because he can't cross the ball. (Neither can Townsend for that matter)

Edited by carmine

I'd like to think it was the sub of Vlad for Dier but no!!!

I hope Hull stay up, they didn't deserve to lose, but i'll take it. Livermore should have gone though.

3 points off 4th blink.png

Happy with the points but the fact is we were rubbish until we were playing against ten men. With the extra man, as at Villa we were the better side! hardly something to regard as improvement. Against eleven men we can't pass the ball and cannot deal with pressure.

I take little out of that game other than the points. Nice to see Kane showing what an instinctive does should do in following in the ferric. His general attitude and effort is a breath of fresh air.

Although Eriksen had a decent game i don't think the performance was anything to get over excited about and fundamentally i don't think the majority of this squad have the know how or the will to play Pochettino style football.

• Like 2

Unconvincing win, but i'm pleased that Kane scored AGAIN

and we started with two strikers instead of one, although Soldado didn't

offer much.

now give him a chance to start a match, also Eriksen showed that when he's up for

it, he can be a match winner.

thing is soldado seems to get in the right positions a.d has all the right instincts but his finishing just doesnt seem quite up to scratch. Its really looking like the end has to be near for him.

Edited by rijit

now give him a chance to start a match,

yeah , on the right PLEASE not the left.

You forgot to mention Vertonghen was our best defender, by a distance. Surprise, surprise!

Oh yes and please only bring on Lennon as an impact player (as Poch is) because he can't cross the ball. (Neither can Townsend for that matter)

In the first half we had no width at all as per usual, with Lamela & Ericksen playing through the middle and the full backs not providing any width either, easy for any team to defend against.

Poch's starting 11 always seem to concede a goal before he has to change things at half time, it's a pattern that been going on for sometime now, he needs to have a rethink cos it isn't working.

And Lennon is the only experienced wide player in the squad, all the others are hopeless playing wide, so lets put it this way, Lennon is the best of a bad bunch.

Chadli,Rose and Townsend injured I seem to remember reading !

The only promise I recall from last season was the goal against Villa and his performance against Stoke.

Incidently what was the co-commentator on, mentioned words to the effect that we had all attacking mids playing so we should have been playing Paulinho and when Paulinho came on,he mentioned again that Paulinho was a defensive mid player, knowledge of a parrot biggrin.png

During his first ?? Games under avb alfie he regulary got himself into goalscoring opps but didnt seem to have the composure to finish but.looked imo as though he could or maybe would step up.

So between u and foxman u reckon

potts didn't

change anything ?his hand was forced? Fair enuf, but sky didnt list anything and the commentators said they were 'changes',and they didnt have anything on the bbc. Not sure on fantasy football, b4 u laugh on injuries ect they're normally quite good.

Anyway 3 points not to be sneered at.

onto the europa !! Adeboy rose kaboul 2 start?

During his first ?? Games under avb alfie he regulary got himself into goalscoring opps but didnt seem to have the composure to finish but.looked imo as though he could or maybe would step up.

So between u and foxman u reckon

potts didn't

change anything ?his hand was forced? Fair enuf, but sky didnt list anything and the commentators said they were 'changes',and they didnt have anything on the bbc. Not sure on fantasy football, b4 u laugh on injuries ect they're normally quite good.

Anyway 3 points not to be sneered at.

onto the europa !! Adeboy rose kaboul 2 start?

Yes they was changes, changes due to injuries.

Nacer Chadli is a major doubt for Tottenham's Premier League clash with Hull City on Sunday with a knee injury, Goal understands.

The 25-year-old underwent an MRI scan on Friday to determine the severity of the problem, picked up on international duty with Belgium, and Spurs are still waiting to find out the results

The FA confirmed the news on their official website, stating: "Andros Townsend will today leave the England squad and return to his club.

"Townsend reported for duty on Monday with a minor injury and will go back to Tottenham Hotspur for further treatment.

"He will miss England’s games against Slovenia and Scotland."

Just to clear everything up for you rij, as you seem to want to argue with anything we say whistling.gif

E Adebayor Back Injury no return date N Chadli Knee Injury no return date A Townsend Ankle/Foot Injury no return date D Rose Chest Injury no return date N Bentaleb Ankle/Foot Injury 6th Dec 14 K Walker Groin/Pelvis Injury 6th Dec 14

Edited by alfieconn

Just to clear everything up for you rij, as you seem to want to argue with anything we say whistling.gif

really Alfie ,,,, best you look back at the thread wai2.gif I think you'll find it wasnt me who started picking holes and criticizing.

To be fair Adebayor's back injury is a blessing for my blood pressure.

yep, it just aint working for him this season but the plus is whilst i'm a huge fan of kane but did hold doubts whether he was quite ready to start game in game out, but he's growing in stature with every game,and more than deserve's his starting place, yesterday he was so close to nodding in Lennons lovely little dinked cross,shame, looked like he just took his eye off the ball, a couple of goals given his overall effort wouldn't have been unjustified. he's, still on a learning curve, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get a call up to the England squad soon ish , not necessarily to get a game but maybe just to start due process, as i'm sure he'll be part of the set up in the not to distant future. .

really Alfie ,,,, best you look back at the thread wai2.gif I think you'll find it wasnt me who started picking holes and criticizing.

Still no comment on Vertonghen's performance? Because for a crap center back he does seem to be in demand. Does anyone agree with you?

And i suppose the "lovely dinked cross" by Lennon that we've been waiting to see for years now means he's a good reliable crosser of the ball does it?. Lennon, Rij should only be used for his pace as an impact player, same as Townsend because, as that, their pace alone ups the tempo. Problem with those two is the final ball because 99% of the time its bloody aweful

I'm only picking holes when you talk a load of cobblers. wink.png

• Like 1