Tottenham Thread

chonabot

12 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Congrats. Always nice to see a decent manager avoid the seemingly inevitable bed-hopping (and no I'm not talking about jellydog's picture!).

Thanks Santi...your new boss is an enigma to me but with a fine pedigree.

I hope he secures you many years of Thursday footie hehe.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm looking forward to the game...it should be highly entertaining.

I don't think I've got a chance to see it live. Travelling to the boonies tomorrow for the weekend.

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I don't think I've got a chance to see it live. Travelling to the boonies tomorrow for the weekend.

I will be working but Mobdro is my friend.

Your excuse is way worse.....lol.

So pochetino has penned a 5 year guarantee of no silver ware. That or he has been giving a war chest unlike one any spud has ever known.

Are we allowed to believe the papers when it's a positive outcome then.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So pochetino has penned a 5 year guarantee of no silver ware. That or he has been giving a war chest unlike one any spud has ever known.

We don't care R2D2....we're just happy he's signed.

The football will be quality for the most part and that is enough to get my money.

31 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The football will be quality for the most part and that is enough to get my money.

That's going to pose a problem for pochetino if that is the attitude. I'd understand if you were far king West ham or something but this attitude you guys cling onto is not right. I reckon the arse will be back in the hunt big time this year anyway.

Edited by Rc2702

Pochettino's contract was going to be renewed when Uncle Joe flew in from the Bahamas.  All the talk of him leaving was media driven and over hyped by the usual suspects on here who must be bitterly disappointed this morning.  ?

I can think of two or three of you that must be fuming!!!?  

So lets get back to us having no money, to transfer market spend and crippled by debt an' all that <deleted>....not that your all predictable of course!!!!

Edited by carmine

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

And that's the bottom line for many and Buddha bless 'em. A big plus for Spurs getting Pochettino to sign on the dotted line.

Where the heck is my applause emoticon ??!! ? But that one can be used frequently.?

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

That's going to pose a problem for pochetino if that is the attitude. I'd understand if you were far king West ham or something but this attitude you guys cling onto is not right. I reckon the arse will be back in the hunt big time this year anyway.

Well if thats your prediction, based on your recent ones then Arsenal will be in all sorts of problems.

btw, do you know how long it took Ferguson to win anything at United?  Do you know how long it took for him to win the league?  

I'm very keen now to see how the rest of the problems to believe us to have will unfold.?

I really wouldn't start gambling if i was you.

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Believe what you want.  In other words carry on as you are.

Don't you have the remotest interest in the CL final?  Its kind of a big game you know!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Congrats. Always nice to see a decent manager avoid the seemingly inevitable bed-hopping (and no I'm not talking about jellydog's picture!).

Thanks mate.  Funny thing is the three clubs that were strongly linked with him, Real Madrid, PSG and Chelsea are all totally unsuitable to a manager like him who likes to build a squad.  They're all one/two season jobs then see you later.  If any club was suited it was Arsenal, although theres as much chance of him going to you as there is of him going to Barca.  Now i think theres going to be a very interesting transfer window, who we can get, who will we get priced out on, and the big one, who do we get to replace Dembele, should he go which is highly likely.  He's a bigger loss than Alderweirald.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Pochettino's contract was going to be renewed when Uncle Joe flew in from the Bahamas.  All the talk of him leaving was media driven and over hyped by the usual suspects on here who must be bitterly disappointed this morning.  ?

I can think of two or three of you that must be fuming!!!?  

So lets get back to us having no money, to transfer market spend and crippled by debt an' all that <deleted>....not that your all predictable of course!!!!

I think it's time for a photo Carms ?

tottenham-contracts.jpg.7edf192b7a178f7d3165c5177b83d7ba.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I think it's time for a photo Carms ?

tottenham-contracts.jpg.7edf192b7a178f7d3165c5177b83d7ba.jpg

Nice on!!  This gives us great stability with a nice platform to kick on.  We knows who is probably going, confident on who is staying and the early renewing of his contract allows us to focus on some quality incomings.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

But we've got no money and a massive stadium overspend and our manager's off to the chavs.

No wait....media hype....you don't imagine its ALL codswallop??

?

Every new build stadium in recent years has seen its cost increase massively.  So much its almost a cast iron banker the cost will hike up hugely.  Surely you reinsure against this do you!  Wouldn't the bank demand it?  

Anyway,  thats a topic to troll later, lets stick with our players all leaving and no money to spend in the transfer window.  Were all keen to see how this plays out? 

Players moving on....Toby, Rose, Sissoko, Dembele.

I do think Poch will sell Rose without having a replacement nailed on.  Sessingnon?  But he's been played left midfield all season.  It would appear the whole country knows were in for De Ligt!!  Looks very much like were going to be forced to break the bank for the 19yo.  Any replacement for Sissoko is a bonus.  The tricky one is replacing Dembele.

Nice to see such young players come in but i would like to see some experienced players in too.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

My goodness. All this polava over Poch extending his contract. Pep extended his this week and it went by pretty quietly. No piccies of him in the nude or with a pen in hand

So what does that tell you?

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That you lot are easily excited and easy to please

It tells me that we understand how important he is to us.  We'll never be a able to spend half what City Chelsea and United spend but we believe with Pochettino we can not only mix it with you, we can win the league and or the CL and do it on a fraction of your spend.  Thats what it tells me.

Edited by carmine

7 hours ago, carmine said:

but we believe with Pochettino we can not only mix it with you, can can win the league and or the CL and do it on a fraction of your spend.  Thats what it tells me.

For a club that last won the title in the 60,s and managed by someone who has nothing to show in his managerial career so far your optimism is to be admired.........however on a more serious note.....good luck to you and with any luck you will still be around to enjoy it :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

For a club that last won the title in the 60,s and managed by someone who has nothing to show in his managerial career so far your optimism is to be admired.........however on a more serious note.....good luck to you and with any luck you will still be around to enjoy it :thumbsup:

And yet the worlds biggest clubs have him on their radar, as will United when they dispense with Jose.  Go figure.....