Problems in Phuket for Americans?

willyumiii

I'm an American who lives in Thailand and am planning a trip to Phuket when a friend from America visits soon.

I was just warned that Phuket could be dangerous for Americans now since there is a high Muslim population there.

I never considered that. I usually get along with everyone pretty well.

But, considering the warnings from the U.S. embassy since the "torture report" and the ISIS activity and threats, I am wondering.

Is it safe for Americans in Phuket now?

I would appreciate any comments from Americans who have visited Phuket recently or who live there full time.

Thanks!

If you seriously think that these terrorists are after Americans, rest assured that they'll be after anyone who "looks" American. Which means pretty much any farang. So don't worry, Phuket is a target rich environment and the chance of you getting whacked is pretty slim. It's a mathematical thing.

• Like 2

Very dangerous, there's a rumour that immigration tip off the local insurgents when they are passing through the airport.

There a massive cover up by TAT denying knowledge of all the kidnappings. Terry Waite is often in Phuket these days

• Like 1

Very dangerous, there's a rumour that immigration tip off the local insurgents when they are passing through the airport.

There a massive cover up by TAT denying knowledge of all the kidnappings. Terry Waite is often in Phuket these days

LOL....your humour is the greatest....cheesy.gif

Hope the OP (Poster) sees it also....

• Like 1

They wouldn't be able to differentiate whether you was a yankee doodle or a froggie (unless perhaps you're the type to waltz around with a flag on your backpack and are very loud rolleyes.gif), even if they were bothered. The Muslims here have a beef with the Buddhist Thais, in the southeast that is.

Edited by daveAustin

If you bow down to the bastards....you will never have a life. Just go,and dont worry about second class morons. Times, they are a changing at last, for the better.

Phuket is great, if you're normal...

P.S...I am not American. But when we have to worry about radicals we are beaten....

It was the Americans who started with the torturing....not "the Muslims" whoever that is as the Muslim believe is very diverse.

My wife always tell me to just tell people I'm Canadian.....I won't but that's what she thinks will save me

I used to do that when GW Bush was POTUS... Now I just tell the truth, mention Obama and we all have a good laugh...

They wouldn't be able to differentiate whether you was a yankee doodle or a froggie (unless perhaps you're the type to waltz around with a flag on your backpack and are very loud rolleyes.gif), even if they were bothered. The Muslims here have a beef with the Buddhist Thais, in the southeast that is.

The loudness of the voice the big fat belly, and baseball cap are the usual giveaways IMHO

Thanks for the good input.

Looks like the trip is still a GO.

I was not looking for any political or religious opinions.

I already have my own.

Knew I would get some off topic replies, but hey! this is TV.

Thanks again t those who stayed on topic.

• Like 2