karon , kata or where else ?

thaiscot

i will be coming to phuket 2nd week in feb for 4 or 5 days , i have a thai wife & an 18 month old daughter and will also have my parents

(57yr old father & 53 yr old mother ) where would be a good place to stay ? i was thinking of karon or kata beach , dont want anywhere too quiet

my father & myself like a drink so somewhere with some bars but not too loud & wild as in patong

it will be my mum & dads wedding anniversary when we are there (45yrs) so wanted to treat them to a nice hotel but not outrageously priced (will pay up to around the 3000 baht per night per room as i will be getting 2 rooms or somewhere with 2 bedrooms)

any suggetions and reccomendations appreciated

thanks

Karon/Kata sounds right for you.

The larger hotels are a bit overpriced at that time but the prices at Villareal Heights, which is consistently near the top of the Tripadvisor rankings, are very reasonable at that time. It's quite a way from the beach but Phil the owner takes exceptionable care of his guests. Have a look.

I think Karon is on the money, or possibly Kamala. Both have quiet beaches, affordable accommodation and enough bars to keep you interested. Kata is nice, but a bit quiet at night and the hills can be a bit tough to negotiate with an 18 month old.

I'm going at a similar time with my wife 3 year old boy and my parents about the same age. We have booked centara karon resort. It was a little over your budget but as its Chinese new year everything is a little more expensive. I researched a fair bit and think karon sounded like the right mix of quietness but still a few drinking holes etc.

Edited by jacktor27