Steven Gerrad

soihok

Just watched the opener of the Preiemership games ,Sheff Utd on a budget of less than one top player of Liverpool held LFC to a hard earned draw.

Sadly ,Steven Gerrad had to resort to the low world of a dying swan to reteieve a penalty.

Shame on you Mr Gerrad.

Good Game other than that,Sheffield deseverved to win.

Cheers

Just watched the opener of the Preiemership games ,Sheff Utd on a budget of less than one top player of Liverpool held LFC to a hard earned draw.

Sadly ,Steven Gerrad had to resort to the low world of a dying swan to reteieve a penalty.

Shame on you Mr Gerrad.

Good Game other than that,Sheffield deseverved to win.

Cheers

Apart from the fact that half their players should have been sent off, rather than ours being carried off :o

Ahh Haa!

Shown your true colours.

I think Gerrad is too good to be a ballet dancer.

Then again ,if I was paid thousands of $ to dive .thats the sad state of the game.

COME ON YOU BLADES

The ref could never have been sure there was contact. If he was, why didn't he give a card?

Additionally, I'm p@ssed off at Gerrard this week because in his book he was nasty about our (Arsenal's) schoolboy, who played very well in front of all those grown ups.

totally agree with Jockstar, Gerrard, after the tackle ran three or four steps and attempted to take the shot. Unfortunately he was off balance. I do not think it was a penalty and where was the red card ???

Further more I do not think that Gerrard even attempted a dive as the OP has stated

Edited by nonthaburial

comon what did he do wrong , he didnt go to ground and roll over like he was hit by a train , he tried to stay on his feet and tried to score , the blame should go to the ref not stevie G , and if you say what he did was shameful , what would you say to the likes of robben , drogba , diouf and ronaldo ?

to further the debate on steven gerrads image you should check out the back pages of the news of the world for a very nasty rant at man utd by him that i couldn't believe got printed

he should be fined by the F.A. for it

his displys on the pitch to show good sportmanship and how one player can turn the game around like in the champions league final are totally negated by this idiotic continuation of the hate between clubs sadly i will never cheer him on ever again

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_page...rt/sport1.shtml

check out the above link

I notice he doesn't mention the times that man utd's team bus has been stoned and the fans buses that have been attacked with bricks being thrown of bridges thru windows paving slabs dopped on fans cars etc etc

my soon to be ex wife is a lifelong liverpool fan who loves the big S.G. but this sickened her, especially as her cousins told her if i ever came up to watch man utd at anfield i was a dead man

man utd fans have always had a rougue element same as all clubs and yes in the 70's the violence at times was horrific but to promote this still just makes me sick

football becomes less about the beauty of the game the teams and its fans and more about Money and senseless violence with the english paparatzi cuasing and inciting a lot of it themselves

the world cup was quite peaceful and the semi final between germany and italy was a joy to watch then true to form the italians go back to the winning ways of the 30's baiting and fouling to win what should have been a show case match by baiting one of the worlds greatest players till he snapped and did something stupid to get sent off in the final match of his international carear

jing-jo mate , thats english football with passonate supporters . its not only stevie G , think of gary neville's antics at Old trafford, the hatred is there and will be there , try talking to a spurs fan about arsenal , an everton fan about liverpool , and an birmingham fan about aston villa , a new castle fan about sunderland ,and any other fan about chelsea :o and you will see ,

Ok Ok ,

watched the penlaty :o offence again and I give in.

He fell over himself.

I suppose that any player would try to blame someone else if he had fallen over himself.

So would I ,then again ,I,m not a football pro....Matron.

Cheers

to further the debate on steven gerrads image you should check out the back pages of the news of the world for a very nasty rant at man utd by him that i couldn't believe got printed

his displys on the pitch to show good sportmanship and how one player can turn the game around like in the champions league final are totally negated by this idiotic continuation of the hate between clubs sadly i will never cheer him on ever again

check out the above link

I notice he doesn't mention the times that man utd's team bus has been stoned and the fans buses that have been attacked with bricks being thrown of bridges thru windows paving slabs dopped on fans cars etc etc

my soon to be ex wife is a lifelong liverpool fan who loves the big S.G. but this sickened her, especially as her cousins told her if i ever came up to watch man utd at anfield i was a dead man

man utd fans have always had a rougue element same as all clubs and yes in the 70's the violence at times was horrific but to promote this still just makes me sick

football becomes less about the beauty of the game the teams and its fans and more about Money and senseless violence with the english paparatzi cuasing and inciting a lot of it themselves

the world cup was quite peaceful and the semi final between germany and italy was a joy to watch then true to form the italians go back to the winning ways of the 30's baiting and fouling to win what should have been a show case match by baiting one of the worlds greatest players till he snapped and did something stupid to get sent off in the final match of his international carear

The story on the back of this "newspaper" was probably taken from his forthcoming autobiography, and he is only giving honest views of what happens.

If this really made you "never to cheer him again" and your lifelong liverpool fan wife feel "sickened" then that is sad.... :o

so is it gerrards fault that this piece was on the back page of a paper...do you think he asked for it..?? :D

open your eyes......................

check out the above link

The story on the back of this "newspaper" was probably taken from his forthcoming autobiography, and he is only giving honest views of what happens.

If this really made you "never to cheer him again" and your lifelong liverpool fan wife feel "sickened" then that is sad.... :o

so is it gerrards fault that this piece was on the back page of a paper...do you think he asked for it..?? :D

open your eyes......................

my eyes are open and he S.G. was paid a substantial amount of money by the news of the screws as it is known here and he knew where is was going to be put !

as it says on the bottom of the writeup "serialised with permission of the publishers author and co writers"

the NOTW have been fined so much in the past for their typically sensationilstic press reports they always put the official bit in on the rare occasion it is genuine

the soon to be Ex wife buys the paper NOT me and she was in tears as she thought he was above all the cheating and so called professionalism that plagues football these days and is an absolute hero to most of her side of the family ( two everton supporters and one arsenal out of about 120 family members)

yes he is a passionate player and without him the game would be in a sorrier state,as there's no denying the guy's skill and his ability to turn a match around single handed but to have him say it in the fashion he does, that's what sickens me

there is telling it like it was and is and there is giving out the wrong kind of message by promoting this hatred that is what is so disturbing

and i know all about the so called passionate fans more like pyschopassionate some of them

I remember the seventies when i used to go and see united at every oppurtunity and have been unlucky enough to be on the recieving end of slabs through the bus window and chased by hundreds of opposing fans that are baying for our blood and yes alot of this was brought on to the man utd fans by a very vocal and violent not so small minority of their own supporters actions

this is why i stopped going to the games apart from being out of the country all the time

and here in the south of england the fans who watch mathces in some of the pubs are the best of mates till the footy comes on then if something on the pitch goes off or a bad decision all hel_l is let loose fists and drinks flying espesially between the london rivals .

to have a good argument about the game is all part and parcel of the attraction of the game as the ref cannot be every where at once so they will and do make mistakes some more glaring than others and some so bad they must be blind but to let it degenarate into violence is ignorance at it's worst IMHO

me i love football and the reason i started supporting Utd was george best not when they had their winning reign but long before

I've seen too much violence during my time in the military and i think there is no place for it on the pitch or the terraces especially with the wages these guys get!!!

Which 'united' in the south of England did Best play for?

well none obviously it's just where i am stuck living at mo

it's Man utd he played for

a great delight he was to watch till the booze and fame pressure got to him

but those were his choices and you cant deny him the right to live his own life the way he choose to

even if his some of his later game were embarrasing

still support them always will

and no i have never lived in manchester and yes i live in surrey

so feel free to make all the jokes about that they dont bother me

but if i supported the local team nearest to where i was born

it would be Real Madrid and there is no way I'm doing that

even though they are good team at times when they remember they are a team

not a bunch of indivual superstars could be the reason they loose so many that they should easily win who knows!

I don't think it deserved a penalty and dont think Gerrard was trying to cheat, looked like he just lost his balance as he was running in.

My sentiments exactly,...the player went for the ball and put him off his stride..that is the players job.

But I felt more sorry for the Watford player who conceded a penalty when the ball hit his HEAD, talk about bad luck, that was the biggest injustice you will see this year