Bangkok: Hundreds of cats to be crushed in building demolition

webfact

In Greece the saying was either you have a cat or a snake in the house. Add to that the huge rodent population in SEA cities and I think there is a good case for arguing that cats serve a purpose. Anyone with kids, a house, and a garden should have a few cats. The best for house owners is to adopt three male kittens, which is usually the male share of any litter, and raise them. They will stay together and rule their territory. Some ladies will sooner or later be attracted to the boy group which is ok as losses due to snake bites are to be expected.

Qualifier: the rodent population referred to earlier excludes those of the two legged kind some of which are populating this thread. This should be obvious to anyone as rats are actually intelligent, a praise some posters here cannot hope for.

Edited by mike2011
  • Like 1

Hope the cats fare ok, most I have come into contact here in Thailand have been quite friendly and we used to have a good mouser that hung around the car park that looked after the rodents. Not sure what happened to that one....

Mike I remember hearing before that cats could deal with snake bites pretty well, unlike dogs for some reason....

Cats destroy the bird population. The workers on a building camp next to my house raise chickens which used to wander into my garden. One morning I found five chicks I suspect, killed by cats which also come into my garden when I am not around. Do cat lovers read many reports of cats becoming feral in many parts of the world and killing off the wild life. By the way I like cats. But I couldn't eat more than one.coffee1.gif