Suvarnabhumi bans taxi driver with rigged meter (VIDEO)

webfact

Some years ago i even had a taxi with many wires going in/out the metre. Half the dashboard was missing as well, that guy clearly was trying to change something.

Yesterday though i saw a policecheckpoint at chatuchak where they stopped all the taxi's to look inside. Something was going on there.

But as long as taxidrivers won't get serious punishment things will never change in Thailand. And now we are focussing on the airport but other touristic spots are far worse, not to even mention Phuket or Samui.

'"The Department of Land Transport adjusted the meters of 80,000 taxis in December."'

I wonder what his special 'adjustment' cost?

annoyed.gif

The cabs clocking device should have a 8 pin eeprom on the pc board and the program should be in binary format. So it's easy as hell for anyone with a electronic hardware and simple automotive software development background to desolder the eeprom, edit the count off values from 35 to 75 or what ever with a simple seriel programmer and solder the eeprom back on the board.

Bobs your uncle and the job is done.

He didn't adjust anything. He started the meter early.

Read again...

'"The Department of Land Transport adjusted the meters of 80,000 taxis in December."'

I wonder what his special 'adjustment' cost?

annoyed.gif

The cabs clocking device should have a 8 pin eeprom on the pc board and the program should be in binary format. So it's easy as hell for anyone with a electronic hardware and simple automotive software development background to desolder the eeprom, edit the count off values from 35 to 75 or what ever with a simple seriel programmer and solder the eeprom back on the board.

Bobs your uncle and the job is done.

He didn't adjust anything. He started the meter early.

Read again...

Done. Now what?