EBC Brakes New pad options

EbcBrakes

A larger diameter wheel / tire combination will exert more torque - so it will need more brake force to stop at the same rate.

For the same reason that it is hard to get 750 lb/ft from a one foot torque wrench, but easy for a four foot wrench.

The question is if the stock calipers are adequate

If ABS can be activated on oem pads, this will be exacerbated on larger rotors/big brake kits. That kind of upgrade also requires upgrades in the size / compound of the wheels/tires. Brake feel could be better on better pads (e.g. more initial bite), but I would not expect any drastic change in stopping distance with stock tires.

• Like 1

If the new wheels are too big, the gearing will be way out and the speedo will be so far out as to be useless, why bother at all, also from what I have seen the quality of these aftremarket wheels is suspect, having seen so many out of true with massive dents.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Forgive me here, but the original manufacturers pads are great, they do the job great..........Seems your "stuff" is for the street racer at a much higher cost than OEM...?

Agreed Trans. Won't buy them, as I only pay less than half at my place in Sisaket for my Mitsu.

Forgive me here, but the original manufacturers pads are great, they do the job great..........Seems your "stuff" is for the street racer at a much higher cost than OEM...?

Agreed Trans. Won't buy them, as I only pay less than half at my place in Sisaket for my Mitsu.

The Ulitmax range, which are a replacement for OEM pads come in at around the same price as OEM and provide better wear, less dust and improved braking for those who want to stop in just a little less distance, the Greenstuff and up could be considered as you say for someone looking for performance pads, but all the pads listed are pads we sell on a regular basis as people are returning customers and not happy with manufacturers products.

I do not know what model Mitsu you have but Ultimax for a Colt/Lancer/Proton Compavt are only 1,900 baht incl VAT for front