Ministry considers increasing Suvaranabhumi Airport taxi surcharge

webfact

Ministry considers increasing airport taxi surcharge
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Transport Ministry is considering boosting the surcharge for taxis queued at Suvaranabhumi Airport.

Transport Minister Prajin Juntong said the request to increase the surcharge for taxis from Bt50 to Bt100 was being considered. The ministry was also considering whether passengers with a lot of luggage should use larger vehicles as well as pay extra for the baggage.

However, Prajin rejected the drivers' request not to use meters. The minister also said additional requests not addressed yesterday would be discussed at the next meeting, which has yet to be scheduled.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Ministry-considers-increasing-airport-taxi-surchar-30252958.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-30

Just go to 4th Floor, bypass this BS

Not too easy now. They have barriers, plod and security watching it like hawks. If it looks like you're trying to nip into a cab they're on you like pooh on a tramp's billies....

BS... The security up there actually help you through the barriers with your bags. No-one is watching like hawks, stopping being a drama queen :)
. I was thinking , this had changed in a month...

Not too easy now. They have barriers, plod and security watching it like hawks. If it looks like you're trying to nip into a cab they're on you like pooh on a tramp's billies....

BS... The security up there actually help you through the barriers with your bags. No-one is watching like hawks, stopping being a drama queen smile.png
. I was thinking , this had changed in a month...

The Government gave an order allowing taxis to pick up at Departure floor around a month or so ago.

Edited by Estrada
  • Like 1

nice, governement giving in for taxi maffia

next they will insist in fixed prices, 1000 baht to go to town or other PHUKET style pricing

or enforce the NO METER

if business is not profitable for one, they should find another job

BS... The security up there actually help you through the barriers with your bags. No-one is watching like hawks, stopping being a drama queen smile.png

Cheers for the info, Only changed a month ago makes sense.

When I took the missus for her flight to KL in November I had the Dickens of a time trying to get back to my taxi. In the end I had to go downstairs to the sharks to leave the airport. From the reaction I got from the uniforms, you'd have thought I'd wanted to plant a bomb, not just get back home...three of them surrounded me and almost manhandled me away from the doors to the escalator. Any indication I made that I just wanted to get out so I could go home was met with a firm indication that that way was a 'no go', so dramatic enough really Carlos for someone only wanting to walk 20 yards or so to get a cab home ya bell end.

I think they must have all been getting a cut from the taxi rackets back then.

• Like 1

So, and who is to decide what is a lot of luggage?

The taxidriver will include all possible things he can find.

So all of a sudden when the gas prices are way down and a recently raised basic fare increase, there must be more raises.

If you ask me, somewhere there is a smell of corruption or intimidation.

So once again the gov want to give in to the thugs and cry babies because they are basically too lazy and stupid to make an honest living.

I'm sure the tourists will be delighted that the news to rip them off even more will have them flocking to Thailand.

Morons conceding to morons.

Tourism is just running away, ain't it? Try as they might, some thais just can't seem to stop coming up with new ways to encourage it. It was inevitable that the taxi drivers would want to join the police and the jet ski rental industry (and others too numerous to mention...) & get in on the act. When was open season on tourists formally declared anyway?