Prayut calls for understanding from farmers

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This should not be considered as a threat, It is a statement. The thorn is slowly being removed from our country, any sign of infection should be treated immediately, once its out the wound will heal quickly.

Consider this - "Oppose me, you will suffer."

In the literal sense that is not a "threat." That is a "statement." Whether it is a fact or a lie depends on the context. Context comes from circumstance - cultural and historical usage. When the speaker is a military coup leader, self-appointed Head of Government, and in control of the Thai legal system, such a statement becomes a threat.

This should not be considered as a threat, It is a statement. The thorn is slowly being removed from our country, any sign of infection should be treated immediately, once its out the wound will heal quickly.

Who the hell did you work for? Pravda?

The thorn of farmers in poverty? Sounds positively shameful.

So you are somehow blaming the present administration for the plight of the farmers ?

Robby, I heard it first hand from rice farmers in Surin when I was down there in October - they are blaming the low prices they received for their last crop on the previous government, not the current one.

Don't really care what any TV posters say, it is what the farmers think and say that really matters.

• Like 1

Unsurprisingly, the Fascist, Junta Glee Club goes silent.

laugh.png

Speechless?

At a loss for words?

You should be.

Probably better to be silent than to waffle on with lies and bs, and as usual certain posters are trying to paint the wrong picture of anyone dares to oppose them, just like the Shinawatra regime would do.

Insult, disparage, attack and threaten them, anything but have the courage to look at the real reason the country is in this situation of military rule.

For the one hundredth time, just because someone is anti-Shin does not mean they support fascism, military juntas, coups etc.

Can't speak for all of us but the reason I hate what the Shins were doing to Thailand is because I love the country and it's people and I have a wife and young son to think about.

Is it that hard to wrap your head around ?

Go to the source of the problem and you will find the answer and stop wasting your time attacking someone who is not affected one bit by your slander.

• Like 2

It canot used tax [ayers money to help forever, they should stand themselves by planting other optional like rice while waiting vege and fruits should increase income by not just waitng from governmnet help only and protest when ever demand not fulfilled .

• Like 1

Who the hell did you work for? Pravda?

The thorn of farmers in poverty? Sounds positively shameful.

So you are somehow blaming the present administration for the plight of the farmers ?

Robby, I heard it first hand from rice farmers in Surin when I was down there in October - they are blaming the low prices they received for their last crop on the previous government, not the current one.

Don't really care what any TV posters say, it is what the farmers think and say that really matters.

The original message confused "removing a thorn" I.e. Thaksin with a farming thread. As though as soon as Thaksin is removed the farmers won't be in poverty anymore which is complete and utter nonsense.

The junta will not solve the farmers problems by removing the spectre of Thaksin.

He cautioned former politicians to mind their words in making threat to protest, to use violent mean, or rallies or even saying reconciliation could not proceed.

He said he would consider such threat an act of terrorism and he had instructed security authorities to monitor and tape everything to take legal action instantly.

He said what the government would do was not to deprive freedom of expression but would consider that such expression was detrimental to national security.

This is the start of the end people. Who is this guy to threaten anyone.

I have to agree with this as when I read the last lines of the statement, I wondered to myself how much more indoctrination will be required for the people to believe in the Armies truth.

Not even veiled threats here when he instructs security authorities to monitor everything and take action.

Freedom of expression seems to be allowed as long as those expressions tally with what the Junta wants said.

Dictatorship springs to mind. When you speak the truth, speak our truth, not the real truth or you will be indoctrinated.

Very sad state of affairs, really.

I commend the PM for his proposed solution to allow farmers take more control of their lives through the organization of Cooperatives. There are a number of model programs already running in Thailand. I had read some time back that someone had proposed that rubber tree farmers move begin to move away from selling raw rubber in the world commodity market to processing and making products for domestic and export markets. Is this idea still going on?

I commend the PM for his proposed solution to allow farmers take more control of their lives through the organization of Cooperatives. There are a number of model programs already running in Thailand. I had read some time back that someone had proposed that rubber tree farmers move begin to move away from selling raw rubber in the world commodity market to processing and making products for domestic and export markets. Is this idea still going on?

Shame that the agriculture ministry has actively dissuaded cooperatisation of farming for the last 50 years.

Group bargaining? Collective purchasing?

What next? Farmers having a voice? Surely not.

Shame that the agriculture ministry has actively dissuaded cooperatisation of farming for the last 50 years.

Group bargaining? Collective purchasing?

What next? Farmers having a voice? Surely not.

As we all know, saying things is very different that doing them. That said, first you have to say what you want to do. Given that local organizers of cooperatives that been murdered in the past, the last that I know of just a few months ago, it may be difficult finding the needed leadership in outlying rural areas. Perhaps this argues that the effort should first concentrate on larger provinces closer to resources and the light of day.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

IMHO this statement is key: "I commend the PM for his proposed solution to allow farmers take more control of their lives through the organization of Cooperatives"

Thailand (any country) must always be working towards a situation whereby all citizens / all sectors are actively involved in using their knowledge of their industry and their energies to enhance their own opportunities to earn and to grow their income etc., and aligned to the realities of supply and demand.

Some industry support for some industries, but as much as is possible getting away from handouts.

Consider this - "Oppose me, you will suffer."

In the literal sense that is not a "threat." That is a "statement." Whether it is a fact or a lie depends on the context. Context comes from circumstance - cultural and historical usage. When the speaker is a military coup leader, self-appointed Head of Government, and in control of the Thai legal system, such a statement becomes a threat.

Another graduate of the robert spin school.

Not the subsidy Uncle Rubs, I'm sure they stated about the price per tonne

The only thing I can find about price of rice per tonne is from 2014-09-27

"Regarding the problems with rice prices, the Prime Minister said that the government has been trying to push up the prices of grains from the latest harvest and the Commerce Ministry already set a target to sell them at 8,500 baht per ton while trying to exports more rice and seeking low-interest loans for farmers."

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNEVN5709270010002

He cautioned former politicians to mind their words in making threat to protest, to use violent mean, or rallies or even saying reconciliation could not proceed.

He said he would consider such threat an act of terrorism and he had instructed security authorities to monitor and tape everything to take legal action instantly.

He said what the government would do was not to deprive freedom of expression but would consider that such expression was detrimental to national security.

This is the start of the end people. Who is this guy to threaten anyone.

Who is this guy???? Just the Commander in Chief!..elected or not...liked it or not...and you are welcome in testing his authority.

Good luck.

Edited by umbanda

Sorry,but the patient is going into cardiac arrest and there is little point in putting him in ICU.

• Like 1

Unsurprisingly, the Fascist, Junta Glee Club goes silent.

laugh.png

Speechless?

At a loss for words?

You should be.

Probably better to be silent than to waffle on with lies and bs, and as usual certain posters are trying to paint the wrong picture of anyone dares to oppose them, just like the Shinawatra regime would do.

Insult, disparage, attack and threaten them, anything but have the courage to look at the real reason the country is in this situation of military rule.

For the one hundredth time, just because someone is anti-Shin does not mean they support fascism, military juntas, coups etc.

Can't speak for all of us but the reason I hate what the Shins were doing to Thailand is because I love the country and it's people and I have a wife and young son to think about.

Is it that hard to wrap your head around ?

Go to the source of the problem and you will find the answer and stop wasting your time attacking someone who is not affected one bit by your slander.

Slander? blink.png

He seems good at threatening everyone except for the small few that he actually works for.

There seems to no end to the complete asinine statements coming out daily now.

In his spiel Friday past he suggested that the rice farmers who can't plant a second crop because of drought plant something else. As you say, there seems to be no end. Anyone for cactus?

You must not live in an agricultural area of Thailand.

Cassava grows just fine without irrigation.

That is exactly what Thai farmers are doing now....planting cassava.

Added benefit..there has been no cassava scam!

Well yes apparently there has been a cassava scam, it was reported recently in the BKK post that a warehouse that was supposed to hold 13,000 tons of cassava which had been bought by the previous administration was, on inspection found to be empty.

In the same report it was said that other warehouses belonging to the same company also had cassava missing, an investigation is apparently continuing.

Cant provide a likk because of forum rules but go to their site and search and you should find the story if interested.