Prayut says drawing foreign interference in Thai internal affairs is an embarrassing act

Lite Beer

I care not about who, I am more interested in the outcome. The agents of that outcome may be as capable of change as the request. And to acquiesce to international pressure to return to the status quo is unlikely. Especially when the initiator of that pressure is itself probably well into in the process of suicide economically. While pretending all is proceeding as normal despite some glitches the world is actually in huge turmoil. Military connections may just have some insights that elsewhere are disregarded. Positioning a country has a priority a significant amount higher than dealing in pork bellies.......

john1thru10

There you go again, twisting words or adding your own to suit the agenda. And picky, picky, one typographical error and I cannot spell and gee, you know a lot about me, not well read either. Please enlighten me where it tells you that I am angry about a racial discrimination act being passed. It was suggested that you look at it so you would understand that the curtailment of free speech has not only happened here in Thailand. But again, you seem to think you how I feel but you're sadly mistaken. If you want to twist words, then feel free to do so as people will see you for what you are. Must be a yank hey, "civil rights", you would know all about that wouldn't you. Calling Thais little brown people, what do you call other nationalities that don't fit your criteria? You are really a class act. And as for thoughts of wisdom, what can one say?

I find it fascinatingly disappointing that so many have ignored the original rhetoric.... The coup is intended to "restore" a democratic constitution. There has been no denial of martial law being imposed and the temporary unelected Govt. is in place to facilitate the outcome. To resist is is to extend the timeframe. TVF members who appear so critical and compare with home country conditions I think should maybe shuffle back home! Few Asian countries actually need long term stayers who minimize expenditure. Even less do they need socially incompetent rejects who assume they are adding something of value purely by their presence. By comparison to tourist spending it pales in value to the country. Expectations and critical comments about what is not yet are pointless because whatever transpires will be Asian in flavour. Thais have been led down a path of dependancy for decades. Now an attempt is being made to find a way to encourage Thais to discover some independancy. If in the process it requires cutting the testicles off the old herders and their trained dogs so be it. I can see that if it can be achieved and serfdom is negated and replaced by democratic freedom then the outcome may unwelcome to many but will be democratic.And the vested interests of "some" international countries and their internal allies may just have to adjust to compliance. I believe that this coup is unlike any previous in that it has been well planned as to the intent of outcome and will not be relented until that is achieved.

" To resist only prolongs the application of change. Support it and if it is wrong will decrease the application time of change and then fail. If it is right it will survive".

Who does he work for?

He asked for time for his government to resolve all problems of the country and all to respect the justice system.

Government? Does that include the legitmate government he overthrew? Justice system? You mean the same one that makes a coup an act of treason?

He stressed the need to have special law and didn’t want to get into trouble with anybody.

Ah I get it 'special laws' that make it acceptable to commit treason and put aside the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. Got it.

He wanted justice for the country and the Thai people, and also for himself as the leader of the government.

Don't you need a democratically elected government for that to work?

He also said criticism from “friendly nations” of his handling of the country would have no impact on his plan to end political conflicts in the country.

So taking advice is not in the interest of the nation but causing a political conflict is providing it's him that does it.

The road to gold is paved with good intentions; I doubt anyone would argue that the previous government was any good but the FACTS are evident ... the YS government WAS duly elected until an illegal act took place that deposed it.

Over the past week the news has been bombarded with tales of more crackdowns, more restrictions, martial law and so forth ... these are all abuses of basic human rights and that TIP report standing isn't going to improve. If he is serious about bringing back democracy then an election needs holding.

They are now walking a very precarious tightrope and it's only going to be a matter of time before the international community will start with sanctions. If you want to be part of the international community and a member of the UN then its time those in power put aside their personal preferences as to who should govern and let the people decide.

I remain convinced, considering Thailand's geographical location, it could be one of the truly great nations in South East Asia but there a few people hell bent on ensuring the rule with impunity.

Government he overthrew by an illegal act? Please put in the real facts, not something you have made up to embellish you post Tell me, who dissolved parliament before the coup took place and then tried to remain in power by assuming the role of interim PM? Legitimate. If you call voter fraud, buying of votes and standover tactics, bashings, threats and killings, legitimate, well what can one say? As far as treason, he was pardoned by the king. So I wouldn't go there if I was you. So your not prepared to give him time to take the country from where it was heading toward the brink of anarchy or possible Civil War that certain people and parties were advocating, to a nation that is not divided. Where did he say that he wanted special laws to make it acceptable to commit treason? Making things up I think. There were no special laws implemented to allow it to be acceptable to commit treason. Certain rules were in place prior to the coup and they were not implemented by the current PM.

No. One does not need a democratically elected government to enable the justice system to work, it is doing so quite well at the moment and those who have acted against the current Thai laws are being brought to justice. Sure he has enacted other laws, which may seem draconian to some, but they have stopped the killings, bombings, shootings, thuggery and the draining of the country's finances by a select few. Insofar as Martial law, good on it, it has shut up the antagonists who were attempting to divide the country for their own benefit. Are you against the peace he has brought to the nation?

I applaud him for standing up to a certain country, one which should look at it's own internal problems before criticizing others. He has guts and as they are unable to control him, they want to join the bandwagon and criticise him. How arrogant and disrespectful of a certain person, who has little if any experience in his portfolio, not to meet with him but decides to meet with certain members of a party, who at the moment have no relevance in Thai politics.

I would has it at a guess that there was no mention of how corruption was running rife whilst they were in power and that they did nothing to fix it or stop the atrocities that were occurring under its regime, I would have told the clown to take a running jump but the PM spoke diplomatically, which I thought was a credit to him. He doesn't need advice from another nation on how to runs the country, especially from a man who knows little. A political conflict? What political conflict has he brought about? He stopped it, if anything, can't you see that?

More crackdowns? More restrictions? Martial law and so forth? What is so forth? What ever he is implementing is to prevent those intent on causing trouble, starting more violence and trying to divide the country by doing so. I think if they did not implement these and more killings took place, then by allowing this then maybe they would be more in breach of human rights, not for what they have implemented now.

Do you really believe that the international community is going to impose sanctions? If you do then I think maybe you're whistling Dixie. Don't you think he is being serious about having elections. I believe he will when he has brought about change for the better. Don't you want the country to be stabilised, the killings to stop and certain people stopped from trying to instigate trouble through issuing divisive statements to a compliant press? So is it the current government you are referring to or the last government because if you look at all of the facts it was the latter and not the former who tried those little tricks so 6they could govern with impunity when they attempted to push through the Amnesty Bill in the early hours of the morning.

This was what saw people rise up in anger and later accept the coup because of what it was bringing to an end. Corruption, nepotism, blatant theft of property and land, the rice pledging scheme, which saw 500 billion plus disappear,. There was also the theft of rice, the middle man and large landholders, who were associated with a certain party, and who received the majority of payments. And we must never forget how often the majority of poorer farmers were lied to about receiving payment, which they never did and caused at least a dozen suicides. The farmers were paid following the coup, so why are you critical of it taking place, that a new government was put in place that stopped all this and the constant bickering from both sides which prevented the country from being governed.

You list many things that you seem to find fault with in the current government but you have never raised one positive aspect that they have implemented, or can't you find any or don't want to? So please, can you tell me, if you reside or work here, has anything that they have undertaken affected you in anyway because in no way has it had any affect on me and many others that I know, both Thais and ex-pats.

I think this guy may actually believe all of this stuff! WOW

A democratically elected government takes precedence. Everyone knows that, some have problems accepting it.

Margin note ...

If the majority are not satisfied with the duly elected governments performance or integrity, don't vote for them again.

Edited by billphillips

My God for those of you that continually complain about US 'interference, and the tiresome, 'sort out your own problems';

If the US press and public were continually complaining every time a foreign country, diplomat or newspaper made some disparaging comment about US policy, domestic or foreign, the entire country would grind to a halt in self absorbed agony!

Sometimes the 'adult' thing to do is take it on the chin, reflect on it, or not, but that's your choice...but whining, nah come on get real

Totally agree. Everyone and their dog feels motivated to complain about everything American and every American. There is nothing America can do right. According to Prayut's logic, there are few citizen son earth that arent interfering in internal American issues.

But, a comment from America about democracy and the rule of law and it is Amercia that is bad, uninformed, interfering.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Let's not forget that the US was and still is an important trade partner with Thailand. It's one thing to say that someone you've never met has no right to be critical of you but it's quite another to say that your friend and business partner should shut up and not voice concerns you might be going down the wrong path.

"He believed he had taken into account everybody’s comments, but added how much consideration he would give to each comment was something he had to deliberate by himself."

This guy thinks he's God! bah.gif

Just like Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe new head of the African Union. I guess all whites should leave Africa now like his purge of white farmers in Zimbabwe. I know many people who cancelled vacation plans to Thailand because of the Military coup and Law. Mr Prayut does scare the international community a lot never knowing what is coming next.

• Like 2

He could not possibly be suggesting certain groups R---- initiated that last meeting which upset so many Thais from a certain --- politician for political favor from that country to use their influence against the current gov to stop a certain case against an unnamed ex leader. Say it isn't so?

You appear to forger, or just oversee, the fact that he ALSO met with AV. So how is that showing "political favor"??

You appear to twist my words. I never said I was political favor hehee. As a matter of fact I believe the words I used showed the opposite. You just chose to view it in your own mind your way.

All this code-speak does most of us no reading pleasure. What is the joke that caused the girly he he

"The prime minister however neither named the certain group of people nor the foreign country, but suggested that they should stop doing so."

Let me guess - the US?

Of course! 10-4 good buddy! Who else?? World police U.S.A.

Ignorant. The US has a treaty to defend Thailand if necessary. The US gives and sells some of its best military hardware to Thailand and it comes with training.

The general is putting the US over a barrel as to whether it wants to provide arms and training to a dictatorship which arose from a coup. The US has to reconsider whether it would defend Thailand if needed.

Not that long ago China was making claim to certain islands belonging to certain small Asian countries. The US stepped in and stopped it. China was claiming all fishing rights to the S. China Sea which many small Asian countries depend on. The US stepped in and stopped it.

China threatened to block some shipping lanes and commercial airline routes and the US stopped it.

The US Navy visited Thailand with ships in the Gulf of Thailand as a show of friendship with Thailand to China.

NOW the US has to decide if it will continue doing these things for a military dictatorship which overthrew an elected government and in the eyes of a lot of the world doesn't appear to be planning elections.

The US is also the second largest buyer of Thai exports and has massive business investments in Thailand, especially in manufacturing.

NOW TELL ME why the US has no interest in what is happening?

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

"The prime minister however neither named the certain group of people nor the foreign country, but suggested that they should stop doing so."

Let me guess - the US?

Wow. Your deductive powers are scary good!

The US has been placed between a rock and a hard place regarding the military coup in Thailand. Obama supports the Muslim Brotherhood, and after the Muslim Brotherhood elected government was overthrown in Egypt, he and his administration condemned Sisi for the coup being an illegal act, and withdrew certain military equipment support and money that had been promised Egypt. No mention of the atrocities by the Brotherhood on the Coptic Christian minority in Egypt. After condemning the military coup in Egypt, Obama could not very well ignore the coup in Thailand. That is the way he thinks.

Well there's no protests on the streets. No bombs going off in BKK. People can go about there daily business. Sometimes you need strong Leader when you have so many factions. Take Iraq. Look what happened when they hung Saddam. Love or hate the dear old fella he did keep a lid on the troubles. Look at the place now. Same as Libya. Descended into a terrible state of affairs. Personally the generals giving people time to reflect on their sometimes childish behaviour. some ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT.... Love it..What a Guy!!!!!

post-69687-0-66102700-1422731521_thumb.j

• Like 1

He asked for time for his government to resolve all problems of the country and all to respect the justice system.

Government? Does that include the legitmate government he overthrew? Justice system? You mean the same one that makes a coup an act of treason?

He stressed the need to have special law and didn’t want to get into trouble with anybody.

Ah I get it 'special laws' that make it acceptable to commit treason and put aside the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. Got it.

He wanted justice for the country and the Thai people, and also for himself as the leader of the government.

Don't you need a democratically elected government for that to work?

He also said criticism from “friendly nations” of his handling of the country would have no impact on his plan to end political conflicts in the country.

So taking advice is not in the interest of the nation but causing a political conflict is providing it's him that does it.

The road to gold is paved with good intentions; I doubt anyone would argue that the previous government was any good but the FACTS are evident ... the YS government WAS duly elected until an illegal act took place that deposed it.

Over the past week the news has been bombarded with tales of more crackdowns, more restrictions, martial law and so forth ... these are all abuses of basic human rights and that TIP report standing isn't going to improve. If he is serious about bringing back democracy then an election needs holding.

They are now walking a very precarious tightrope and it's only going to be a matter of time before the international community will start with sanctions. If you want to be part of the international community and a member of the UN then its time those in power put aside their personal preferences as to who should govern and let the people decide.

I remain convinced, considering Thailand's geographical location, it could be one of the truly great nations in South East Asia but there a few people hell bent on ensuring the rule with impunity.

Government he overthrew by an illegal act? Please put in the real facts, not something you have made up to embellish you post Tell me, who dissolved parliament before the coup took place and then tried to remain in power by assuming the role of interim PM? Legitimate. If you call voter fraud, buying of votes and standover tactics, bashings, threats and killings, legitimate, well what can one say? As far as treason, he was pardoned by the king. So I wouldn't go there if I was you. So your not prepared to give him time to take the country from where it was heading toward the brink of anarchy or possible Civil War that certain people and parties were advocating, to a nation that is not divided. Where did he say that he wanted special laws to make it acceptable to commit treason? Making things up I think. There were no special laws implemented to allow it to be acceptable to commit treason. Certain rules were in place prior to the coup and they were not implemented by the current PM.

No. One does not need a democratically elected government to enable the justice system to work, it is doing so quite well at the moment and those who have acted against the current Thai laws are being brought to justice. Sure he has enacted other laws, which may seem draconian to some, but they have stopped the killings, bombings, shootings, thuggery and the draining of the country's finances by a select few. Insofar as Martial law, good on it, it has shut up the antagonists who were attempting to divide the country for their own benefit. Are you against the peace he has brought to the nation?

I applaud him for standing up to a certain country, one which should look at it's own internal problems before criticizing others. He has guts and as they are unable to control him, they want to join the bandwagon and criticise him. How arrogant and disrespectful of a certain person, who has little if any experience in his portfolio, not to meet with him but decides to meet with certain members of a party, who at the moment have no relevance in Thai politics.

I would has it at a guess that there was no mention of how corruption was running rife whilst they were in power and that they did nothing to fix it or stop the atrocities that were occurring under its regime, I would have told the clown to take a running jump but the PM spoke diplomatically, which I thought was a credit to him. He doesn't need advice from another nation on how to runs the country, especially from a man who knows little. A political conflict? What political conflict has he brought about? He stopped it, if anything, can't you see that?

More crackdowns? More restrictions? Martial law and so forth? What is so forth? What ever he is implementing is to prevent those intent on causing trouble, starting more violence and trying to divide the country by doing so. I think if they did not implement these and more killings took place, then by allowing this then maybe they would be more in breach of human rights, not for what they have implemented now.

Do you really believe that the international community is going to impose sanctions? If you do then I think maybe you're whistling Dixie. Don't you think he is being serious about having elections. I believe he will when he has brought about change for the better. Don't you want the country to be stabilised, the killings to stop and certain people stopped from trying to instigate trouble through issuing divisive statements to a compliant press? So is it the current government you are referring to or the last government because if you look at all of the facts it was the latter and not the former who tried those little tricks so 6they could govern with impunity when they attempted to push through the Amnesty Bill in the early hours of the morning.

This was what saw people rise up in anger and later accept the coup because of what it was bringing to an end. Corruption, nepotism, blatant theft of property and land, the rice pledging scheme, which saw 500 billion plus disappear,. There was also the theft of rice, the middle man and large landholders, who were associated with a certain party, and who received the majority of payments. And we must never forget how often the majority of poorer farmers were lied to about receiving payment, which they never did and caused at least a dozen suicides. The farmers were paid following the coup, so why are you critical of it taking place, that a new government was put in place that stopped all this and the constant bickering from both sides which prevented the country from being governed.

You list many things that you seem to find fault with in the current government but you have never raised one positive aspect that they have implemented, or can't you find any or don't want to? So please, can you tell me, if you reside or work here, has anything that they have undertaken affected you in anyway because in no way has it had any affect on me and many others that I know, both Thais and ex-pats.

I can name one very real way it has affected people, both Thai and otherwise: no more freedom of speech. Your answer is to categorize all Thai people as either in complete agreement, or a horrible criminal. And that is a major weakness in your position.

Wow. One whole aspect out of everything I mentioned, that is all you can come up with? How has this affected you? Hasn't affected me but it may affect others who want to be divisive or threaten to cause trouble because they can't accept reality. And those it affects I would suggest are Thai nationals, the otherwise I have no idea who or what you are referring to.. Show me where I categorised in an answer that all Thai people are in complete agreement or a horrible criminal. What do you mean by horrible criminal? I have no idea what your are on about but please, if you want to decry what I have posted then do so legitimately and do not twist my words. As for having a weakness in my position, I would say the shoe is on the other foot.

Why? Because you have no argument, no facts, and only come up with one rule that was implemented. Are you able to sustain you beliefs with hard cold facts, not the drivel you have just posted. You lot are all the same, when it comes to articulating your side, you cannot and you avoid the truth like the plague because you have no answers. So don't tell me I have a weakness in my position, not until you can acknowledge some of the truths that I have stated. But you won't do that will you? Because by not doing so you only prove the weakness in your character, not in my position.

It has clearly affected you.

Just from reading your pages of diatribe.

Here you are.

laugh.png

Oh, and I forgot to add; Dreamer.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by iReason
  • Like 2

''He asked for time for his Government to solve all the problems of the country ''

Right.....see you in 200 years time mate !

I wonder if he has ever considered that Thailand would most probably be better off if some foreign country overran the place.

''He asked for time for his Government to solve all the problems of the country ''

I wonder if he has ever considered that Thailand would most probably be better off if some foreign country overran the place.

Probably not.

Unlike the unfortunate Sir Thomas More, Prayut is merely a 'Pretender' as opposed to being 'A man for all Seasons'. It should be hoped he avoids angering the real power behind modern Thailand lest he suffers the same fate.

And what country would be stupid enough and then have to deal with and sort out Thailand's issues, the corruption, the military pretenders, being smiled at and stabbed in the back at the same time.

Let them suffer from their own ignorance and one day in the future, they still won't understand why every other conntry in Asia has advanced and Thailand is still in the dark ages. That will be about coup # 23.

Nations around the world should consider sending emissaries to the USA to visit with ...........

-Al Sharpton, leader of potential oppressed minorities, to get info on USA poor people's voting rights.

-Al Gore, elected Pres of USA by popular vote, but kept from that office by the USA highest court.

-Leaders of major labor unions in USA concerning USA govt crackdown on them.

-Mitt Romney concerning his loss of last USA Pres. election to discuss election irregularities there.

-Leaders of Posse Comitatus and other organizations preparing to take over USA govt by armed force.

These visits could be seen as parallel to a recent visit to a SEA nation from an emissary of the USA.

It is time for the world's nations to go inside USA to investigate how bad its situation is today.bah.gif

I believe Prayut works for Thailand and has been granted Royal assent to do so albeit under controversial conditions.

i'm sure that many "leaders" throughout history thought they were "working for their country" - but it doesn't mean they were right.

As for Royal assent, it is unlikely you are going to explain that.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Nations around the world should consider sending emissaries to the USA to visit with ...........

-Al Sharpton, leader of potential oppressed minorities, to get info on USA poor people's voting rights.

-Al Gore, elected Pres of USA by popular vote, but kept from that office by the USA highest court.

-Leaders of major labor unions in USA concerning USA govt crackdown on them.

-Mitt Romney concerning his loss of last USA Pres. election to discuss election irregularities there.

-Leaders of Posse Comitatus and other organizations preparing to take over USA govt by armed force.

These visits could be seen as parallel to a recent visit to a SEA nation from an emissary of the USA.

It is time for the world's nations to go inside USA to investigate how bad its situation is today.bah.gif

the truth is that people DO go in a investigate criticise the US both internally ad from other countries and frequently scandals hit the headlines and people are held to account......but in Thailand the Junta has ruled themselves above any of that and those who criticise face jail.

Edited by cumgranosalum
  • Like 2

This guy is the patsy, brainwashed and gullible, faithful to his masters but in the end if he doesn't pull this off he'll be toast,

The old money families will find another one to take his place.

The bottom line is that the gravy train must continue.

When western money began arriving in Thailand,back in the day, they got the first concessions.

That was the way it was always done, those families closest to the big Cahuna got the money.

Nothing has really changed, only now, with education, the internet and facebook the people are waking up.

It's a lot more difficult to keep the status quo intact.

So, the military, has to keep order, keep the status quo intact.

Meanwhile, the spoiled brats, rich beyond imagination enjoy a life most Thais don't even know exists.

Check out the private jets parked at Bangkok airport.

Check out the names of the biggest shareholders of Thai companies.

There are two societies here in Thailand, and the old money has no intention of those two ever becoming one.

• Like 2

He could not possibly be suggesting certain groups R---- initiated that last meeting which upset so many Thais from a certain --- politician for political favor from that country to use their influence against the current gov to stop a certain case against an unnamed ex leader. Say it isn't so?

The Foreign interference is drive by Freedom House, The Carlyle Group and the National Endowment for Democracy - all rght-wing think tanks to with whom Robert Amsterdam and Thaksin are closely associated. My advice to the General is to concentrate his firepower on these organisations and by implication the Shinawatras.Other villains who sit on the boards o thse orgnanisations and are close buddies of the Shins are Rumsfeld, Adelman, Carlucci, Fukuyama, Weber, and Khalilzad. Dabgerous men, all of them,

The other thing that disturbs me and seems to go unnoticed is his asking certain dissenters to turn themselves in for "attitude adjustments".

How does he propose to do that? Waterboarding? Indefinite imprisonment?

Shades of Pinochet, Shah of Iran etc. All who said they were doing it for the good of the people.

Let Thailand hold an election now and see who wins. I suspect he know the answer to that so will not let that happen. Ever!

• Like 2

The Foreign interference is drive by Freedom House, The Carlyle Group and the National Endowment for Democracy - all rght-wing think tanks to with whom Robert Amsterdam and Thaksin are closely associated. My advice to the General is to concentrate his firepower on these organisations and by implication the Shinawatras.Other villains who sit on the boards o thse orgnanisations and are close buddies of the Shins are Rumsfeld, Adelman, Carlucci, Fukuyama, Weber, and Khalilzad. Dabgerous men, all of them,

OK, I get it, it's all an international conspiracy?

Dreamer, dream on.

Why ignore the facts?

Like the military, the civil service in Thailand after 1932 was still an aristocratic institution. The civil service continued to be an elite system. Approximately 74% of the special-grade officers, the top seventh through eleventh grades, were from official and business families that accounted for only 10% of the national population. Politics in Thailand after World War II was a matter of the struggle for dominance among three groups: the military, the parliament and elite aristocracy group, and the smaller but more prestigious traditionalists and royalists.

No amount of muddying the waters can cover up the reasons for this coup.

"He also said criticism from “friendly nations” of his handling of the country would have no impact on his plan to end political conflicts in the country." I really hope that this was a mis-translation of his remarks because ending political conflicts is the antithesis of a Democracy. In fact, political conflict is the life blood of the democratic process. It is just this process that regulates and manages the conflict without resorting to violence. The democratic process is a competition of ideas and policies to manage the affairs of a country. It was the ignoring of the process that precipitated the coup. In the Untied States, the two parties represent very different ideas about the role of government and how resources should be used. Competition is fierce and victory wanes back and forth and slowly change takes place. It could even be argued that the U.S. is as much of or more of an oligarchy than Thailand and yet the democratic process goes on, It is the process that that needs to be strengthened not the ending of political conflict.

'

'

'

'

'

Edited by Balance
  • Like 1