Premier league crackdown in bars.

Only fair...

The showing of live premiership football by bars is for one purpose only, to generate more revenue for the bar, (or retain customers who would go elsewhere), only fair they should pass on some of the profits to the service provider, also only fair to those bars that do pay.

What are the subscription charges in Thailand for showing premiership football in bars?

Just looked up the price for pubs in the UK, Sky PAYG package starts at £35 (1750THB), if the charges are compatible in Thailand that is under £1.20 (60THB) per night.

UK pubs pay 3 grand to show sky per year.

A mate of mine has a pub...a manager for Green King, he pays around 1000 per month...well his budget doe's

Only fair...

The showing of live premiership football by bars is for one purpose only, to generate more revenue for the bar, (or retain customers who would go elsewhere), only fair they should pass on some of the profits to the service provider, also only fair to those bars that do pay.

What are the subscription charges in Thailand for showing premiership football in bars?

Just looked up the price for pubs in the UK, Sky PAYG package starts at £35 (1750THB), if the charges are compatible in Thailand that is under £1.20 (60THB) per night.

You are confusing a residential package with a commercial license package. Many bars in Thailand that show premier league do have a CTH subscription. But this is for private use only. The costs for a business package are much higher. In your example for the UK, the sky package for a pub ranges from around 350 to 1000 pounds!!! per month.

Just asked my local landlord and he says he pays £1160 per month for Sky Sports and £246 per month for BT Sports. He says the prices are crippling!

• 4 weeks later...

Only fair...

You are confusing a residential package with a commercial license package. Many bars in Thailand that show premier league do have a CTH subscription. But this is for private use only. The costs for a business package are much higher. In your example for the UK, the sky package for a pub ranges from around 350 to 1000 pounds!!! per month.

Just asked my local landlord and he says he pays £1160 per month for Sky Sports and £246 per month for BT Sports. He says the prices are crippling!

So is watching football.

Glad to see that at least some people are paying to provide football in pubs bars etc. That should be introduced in Thailand. Then home owners might get cheaper prices.

Edited by Keesters

CTH have a different charge for commercial premises to home viewing, I'm not 100% sure on the household package ! Somewhere near 450 baht I think, but a Bar package starts at 1500 baht per month for a 28" TV and increases in price the bigger your TV ( yes I'm serious) , the dearest tariff is 3500 baht for a 1.6 meter projector screen.

• Like 1

I think True were somewhat caught cold by CTH's surprise bid. If I remember, True were paying GBP20 million a year and CTH came in with GBP100 million a year (three year contract).

Since the UK rights for the next three-year block have been awarded, I'm guessing CTH may have realised they may not recoup their investment if they don't actually collect the money they're owed.

And there's a fair chance that True decide to come in with a competitive bid.

Which means you all get left with a useless CTH box.

We've had this problem in the sandpit for years, i think we're on our 5th provider since the PL went global.

I would be extremely happy if they stopped playing the soccer in most of the pubs in Thailand (I'd allow a few for those who may suffer from withdrawal symptoms)!smile.png You can't not see it...everywhere you turn there seems to be a screen with it on.

Now if only they showed Aussie Rules Football in all the pubs...that would be heaventongue.png

Whats Aussie Rules ? ........surely not another government propaganda thing !

• Like 1