Are you becoming a Reclusive, Aging, Hermit Expat?

redandyellow

I guess it would be quite easy to fall into the life of " living like a hermit " I am a " free spirit " and i have found that i am a million times happier living on my own than being in a relationship.But i am quite strict with myself and i do not watch TV ( i don't own a TV ) and spend at least 8 hours outside in the sun everyday.I just couldn't sit in the room all day like many Thais seem to do and just " play on the mobile all day ".Also if you are an expat and sitting indoors all day watching TV then you might as well go back to your home country! I meet many people every day by just " strolling about " ( you don't need to go to a seedy bar ...) i talk to everybody ( i guess i am slightly eccentric viewers.....)

If you are an expat and worried about becoming a hermit then get rid of the TV now! you don't need it! and get out there and start " chatting in the soi " before you become labelled as " bloody miserable " .......

Respect to all our viewers....

F.J wai2.gif

Good advice but get rid of both TV's the idiot box and the more insidious one TVF

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info on the post....Suspect there are more than a few drinking on silent futility instead of getting out and enjoying the things to see in life.....some bring their bitterness with them and can't understand why it's not better here....sadly

For me at 67 I'm more busy than not....have an enthusiatic vibrant upbeat family around me .... much better in my eyes than vegging out.....Most in our area are the same...depends on outlook, habits, and spirit....

i figure it like this better to stay home and play on the internet than go out and risk your life amongst these rabid drugged out youths.

sad state of affairs when the criminals are in control of the public space

I very much like my own company.

..., ditto..., also greatly appreciate my own company in my own country..., and for the short Aussie winter I like to travel to warmer climes and hang out..., where ever and with who ever I bloody well choose..., or not.

Unfortunately many people choose to judge others as a negative, first default, action.., or re-action.

Edited by Sandy Freckle