T Shirts Thai Style

spoofno1

Why is it that in the UK we pay stupid prices for clothing that is a product of Thailand. I 'm sick of it. I want to buy my clothes direct as i need to save money for my wedding next year. If anyone can help i'd be pleased.

Cheers Spoofno1

Let me guess another 1 post poster it gonna come along and say "Go here XXXXXX.com, they have great deals on t-shirts!"

You need to save money, so you want to buy your clothing directly from Thailand, how about just wear your existing clothes and don't buy anything new at all?

Let me guess another 1 post poster it gonna come along and say "Go here XXXXXX.com, they have great deals on t-shirts!"

You need to save money, so you want to buy your clothing directly from Thailand, how about just wear your existing clothes and don't buy anything new at all?

what right have you to pre judge me or my intentions. I'm looking to save money. That such a strange thing?

what right have you to pre judge me or my intentions. I'm looking to save money. That such a strange thing?

Well the chances are you won't be saving too much money coming to Thailand to buy T-shirts ... and since few enough are sold here (of the real ones at least) at any real savings .........

Well the chances are you won't be saving too much money coming to Thailand to buy T-shirts ... and since few enough are sold here (of the real ones at least) at any real savings .........

Ah i understand now that they must all be fake then. I thought that the big multi nationals had their factories in Thailand and thus the price of clothes would be cheaper as it is made there direct.

Interesting.

Ah i understand now that they must all be fake then. I thought that the big multi nationals had their factories in Thailand and thus the price of clothes would be cheaper as it is made there direct.

Interesting.

made for export ...

sometimes someof the real ones can be found with cut labels etc ...

but think it through ... why would a large company want to make it here and sell it here cheap ... when they can export it and sell it to you for a lot more!

so ... basically you are s.o.l. unless you happen to be here and know the right places/people for originals in western sizes.

Interesting.

made for export ...

sometimes someof the real ones can be found with cut labels etc ...

but think it through ... why would a large company want to make it here and sell it here cheap ... when they can export it and sell it to you for a lot more!

so ... basically you are s.o.l. unless you happen to be here and know the right places/people for originals in western sizes.

Though i rarely say this, Jdinasia is pretty much spot on with this answer. :o

Edit. (If that is ofcourse you are looking for a branded product, you did not actualy state this in your OP)

Edited by Lacoste

I thought that the big multi nationals had their factories in Thailand and thus the price of clothes would be cheaper as it is made there direct.

Interesting.

Sure, a lot of big brand-name clothes get made here but little of the merchandise is sold into the local market, and when it is it's not offered at a discount. Real factory outlet shops do not exist here. (Do they exist anywhere anymore?) Lots of local and no-name brands are plentiful and cheap, but if you're not stick-thin you may have trouble finding your size.

Furthermore, most cheap Thai clothes just look cheap. I can't put my finger on it but go to any other country around here and the clothes are simply better quality. And it's not just a matter of price e.g. there's lot of cheap clothes in Malaysia that don't suffer from this. (This is true even in Cambodia but for a different reason: they're all wearing secondhand clothes bulk imported from first-world countries -- except some of the more "fashionable" people who pay for the Thai imports and wind up looking cheap.)

Edited by fxm88

Why is it that in the UK we pay stupid prices for clothing that is a product of Thailand. I 'm sick of it. I want to buy my clothes direct as i need to save money for my wedding next year. If anyone can help i'd be pleased.

Cheers Spoofno1

Same reason you dont get a discount on your water bill because the call center is manned in India by some guy on 100 rupees a day. It's called outsourcing mate.Welcome to the new global economy.

My tip to you:

Travel to Thailand once a year an buy 1 year's worth of clothes while you are there.

Yeah thanks guys for all the info.

I know ebay is an option but i know the people selling are still making lots of cash off the back of someone else.

I understand the rules of business and accept that in the market place every one wants to make a pound but common sense tells me that if i was able to trade direct i'd save some cash.

Also last week i bought an offical football shirt and when i checked the label it was made in Thailand.

I paid 32 GBP for it. I know they retail between 30 - 40 but i'm guessing its bought for mere pennies.

I reckon the tip to travel out and buy would be best.

I am also looking to perhaps start a business here in the UK undercutting the prices of high street chains as i believe in the UK greed is rife.

My business is looking at covering running costs and profits going to help develop fair trade in the world but that is a long way off.

Anyway thanks for your time on this issue and i hope i can get involved in more discussions.

The factories that make the originals have strict contracts with the Marketing companies (Nike,Adidas) not so sale "any" production , they count all pieces and even second choice Shirts are hold back and have to be reported for further decison. The factories honor these agreements to the point,because they do not want to lose the customer.

The companies can trace back from where the shirts come , either by label or because they know which shirt has been assiged to which factory.

However some originals are slipping through and are being sold in Stalls , one for example is in Seri centre , but no soccershirts , only branded polos.

Forget the idea to undercut prices , you will not be able to import any original good to Europe, unless it is authorized by the Marketing company.

It's the system.

I thought the original post was that you wanted to save money for your wedding next year? :o

yet later you start going on about the fair trade policy and about importing enough to start a business importing and selling t-shirts :D

I am going to thailand in a few months for 3/4 weeks and was going to offer that i would get you the beautiful Thai raw silk material at cost ,so your other half could have a fantastic thai silk dress like my ex mrs got via my brother while he was in Thailand he sent enough back to do the bride and all the bridesmaids very proud plus shirts for the groom bestman etc etc and the amount left over the dressmaker was more than happy to take in payment saved in all well over a £1000 pounds

but i think the real reason behind your post was aravice so i guess i wont be making that offer