Filipina visa to Thailand

Filipina nationals don't need a visa to enter Thailand, they will be allowed in for 30 days visa free on arrival.

They must however be prepared to show sufficient funds for their stay, details of accommodation and a flight out of Thailand within 30 days, when they arrive in Thailand.

I understand that some Filipina nationals actually encounter problems from Immigration staff when leaving their own country.

I will move this topic to the Thai Visa section.

Filipina nationals don't need a visa to enter Thailand, they will be allowed in for 30 days visa free on arrival.

They must however be prepared to show sufficient funds for their stay, details of accommodation and a flight out of Thailand within 30 days, when they arrive in Thailand.

I understand that some Filipina nationals actually encounter problems from Immigration staff when leaving their own country.

---------------------------------

She is more likely to encounter problems getting a passport and to exit the Phillipines than to have problems entering Thailand.

It all deprnds, but the phillipines can be very hard on it's young female citizens leaving the Phillipines.

whistling.gif I am sitting here on a computer in the lobby of a hotel.

The receptionist is a Fillipina.

She said the same thing I did previously.

The girls main problem will be getting a passport from the Phillipine government, especially if she haas never had one before.

The phillipine government has had problems before with Fillipina women getting stuck in other countries in Asia, and has had to pay to get the girls back to the Phillipines.

It will be quite a long process dor the girl to get her passport before she can leave the Phillipines/

She will not be able to just walk in an get a passport. She will have to go through many checks of her background and her ability to pay her way back home first.

Would be harder or easier if I flew to PI and flew to Thailand w her?

Thanks.

Doing an affidavit of support to send to her can help. See: http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/consular-office/services/notarial-services/affidavit-of-support

Affidavit download: http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/images/consular/affidavit/Affidavit-of-Support.pdf

Traveling with her does help also.

Agreed the real problems for this person will be in the Philippines. I don't think they can refuse her a passport if she can produce the documentation; however getting the documentation like birth certificates can be a problem. The real problem will be clearing immigration at the airport. They have the power to stop someone leaving if they believe they are in anyway vulnerable to 'trafficking' or 'slavery' or 'exploitation' and they use very wide definitions of these terms. Getting a passport doesn't actually mean she can travel. And I know some people who got stopped from leaving because their ostensible reason was to attend a wedding in Thailand but the immigration authorities discovered they were carrying their academic credentials with them and took the view the real reason for their visit was economic; they were stopped because the authorities would only let them go in this situation with a job offer.

whistling.gif I am sitting here on a computer in the lobby of a hotel.

The receptionist is a Fillipina.

She said the same thing I did previously.

The girls main problem will be getting a passport from the Phillipine government, especially if she haas never had one before.

The phillipine government has had problems before with Fillipina women getting stuck in other countries in Asia, and has had to pay to get the girls back to the Phillipines.

It will be quite a long process dor the girl to get her passport before she can leave the Phillipines/

She will not be able to just walk in an get a passport. She will have to go through many checks of her background and her ability to pay her way back home first.

I would assume a round trip ticket would help then.

Agreed the real problems for this person will be in the Philippines. I don't think they can refuse her a passport if she can produce the documentation; however getting the documentation like birth certificates can be a problem. The real problem will be clearing immigration at the airport. They have the power to stop someone leaving if they believe they are in anyway vulnerable to 'trafficking' or 'slavery' or 'exploitation' and they use very wide definitions of these terms. Getting a passport doesn't actually mean she can travel. And I know some people who got stopped from leaving because their ostensible reason was to attend a wedding in Thailand but the immigration authorities discovered they were carrying their academic credentials with them and took the view the real reason for their visit was economic; they were stopped because the authorities would only let them go in this situation with a job offer.

All I can say to this is "Wow!"

Will that change when ASEAN comes into effect this year and travel barriers go down between the countries?

The AEC will change nothing. There is no open borders provision in it.

Hmm I was told there was. My Thai friend who works for BoT is worried about Filipinos taking away Thai jobs in Thailand because of their better English.

Thanks.

Doing an affidavit of support to send to her can help. See: http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/consular-office/services/notarial-services/affidavit-of-support

Affidavit download: http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/images/consular/affidavit/Affidavit-of-Support.pdf

Would it help her to get a passport or just actually leaving the country?

---------------------------------

She is more likely to encounter problems getting a passport and to exit the Phillipines than to have problems entering Thailand.

It all deprnds, but the phillipines can be very hard on it's young female citizens leaving the Phillipines.

True this. Immigration officers in manila are tough. They won't allow her to leave the country if she is not able to provide documents such as: certificate of employment, proof of sufficient funds, letters of support or invitation to name a few.

Thanks.

You may incur skin taxation at the sight of you. But that may speed things along, should she be nestled aside, into that Den of Theives they call the "Immigration Office"

Just make sure you prove you can support her, have an address, and be prepared to show some money....which they will take a chunk out of, no matter what you do. Figure about 3 to 5 thousand pesos...stick it in her passport and do not say a word. Really. Call it a mistake.

Please do provide the documents....of support. and the address, and look at immigration website. Last time I looked, there was a one week class she must attend, and get that certificate saying it was completed. This can possibly done at location of the class (I do not know where)...she can just pay them for the certificate....(as the system is similar to Thailand...pay and pay)

Thanks.

It will help on departure. It was suggested by a immigration officer from the Philippines in a topic.

I am not sure it will be all that hard for her to get a passport but it can take weeks to get dependent on where she applies for it from what I have read.

Thanks.

It will help on departure. It was suggested by a immigration officer from the Philippines in a topic.

I am not sure it will be all that hard for her to get a passport but it can take weeks to get dependent on where she applies for it from what I have read.

My daughter just did hers. Took more than a few weeks..

She will need a couple of ID's...including a NSO (National Statistics Office) Birth Certificate.

The problem with this is...oftentimes, her current name will not exactly match her birth certificate. (Two Id's with similar but different names). Then you go to the Municipal hall of her birth to correct it. That is when you will have to contact a lawyer, and it goes into a downward spiral. My friend had a girlfriend and her birth certificate said "Eduardo" and it was marked as a male.

Conspiracy theory is that municipal hall intentionally inputs errors in spelling and punctuation...especially in remote provinces. Later, they collect up on the correction process.

Not to mention...previous marriages, and having her name changed. Nice to hear that they never been married, but sometimes what you want to hear, and what is documented...are two different animals.

My daughter's mom had a passport with a different name altogether...than her real name...and the age was 4 years off. (She worked in Japan at 19 years of age, but was actually 16)

Edited by slipperylobster

Sorry didn't know where to post this. Does anyone know how hard it is for a Filipina to get a visa to Thailand to visit me as a tourist in Thailand.

Read below and similar threads

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683896-philippines-girlfriend-refused-to-travel-for-14-days-trip-to-thailand/

Think well before embarking in what can be a costly, fruitless exercise.

I have stood in line at the Manila airport and watched Immigration officials pull girls, women and sometimes men as well from check-in lines and take them into an office for interrogation. Most of them are quickly turned away.

The Philippines does not want young women to be exploited as "Holiday Girls" in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Korea.