Crystal deodorant sticks in Chiang Mai?

ByblosYuNaiSoi

Hi All,

Has anyone seen cheap crystal deodorant sticks in Chiang Mai? I have been looking around town (and in the forum) with no luck. I found them in Bangkok in bulk really cheap at a local market - the one just north of Saphan Taksin BTS station (Bang Rak?).

A friend in the US has asked me to bring some - They are imported and sold under "Thai" brand (among others) in the US and are expensive.

Thanks.

สารส้ม "saan som" buy it from a market, dirt cheap and exactly the same product, just comes as the crystal and lasts years, still on my first one I started using 4 years ago. works wonders. needs a bit of smoothing out when you first buy it, just run it under a tap and rub, or just start using it and it will soon smooth out the edges and you end up with a nice contoured crystal.

Edited by Lobin

Now you know how to ask for it, just try the local moma and papa shop. Mine sells them in rocks for I think 40 Baht a kilo - last time I bought them. That was about a year ago, and the kilo was just so I could give most to friends and share the love! Most people aren't even aware of them and end up with stinky chemicals under their arms... I am alum salt crystals all the way and my pits smell perfectly - of nothing much!