Accounting Issues

Na Fan

Hello everyone

There's a bit of confusion between me, my staff and our accountant.

Now that the year-end reporting is pending, and, based on all those number, the tax calculations, things have been found to be lacking in several areas.

My questions now are:

1) How do you handle business expenses with no receipts ? For instance, if you paid a private driver 5000 Baht to drive someone across the country? Is a payment voucher signed by management to reimburse the staff who paid for it enough?

2) What if you buy something for business purposes in a shop that just refuses to give or doesn't have receipts ? Dito, payment voucher enough ?

3) In what shape or form do you get the year-end figures from your accountant ? So far I've gotten a phone call where I was stated a couple numbers. That's it. I would have expected something a bit more uhm.. professional ? What's your experience ?

Thank you for your time

Na Fan

1, The payment voucher should be enough.

2) If the shop will not issue receipts you should take your business somewhere else.

3)Of course your year-end figures should be documented on paper and contain Balance sheet, Profit & Loss ac. General ledger and list of vouchers.

1.) For the driver, get a signed copy of his ID card, and deduct WHT from the amount you pay him (you can also make the official amount a bit more so that he gets as much as he wants).

2.) For the shop, get a bill (these handwritten things) and their address by stamp or their namecard. I usually just staple the namecard onto the "Cash Receipt".

3.) As mentioned already, your accountant should give you proper financial documents for checking, and then the official ones audited by a CPA. Since he is not offering this, it is a good idea to change.