How many reentry without visa for one month within one year realy possible?

This question also my consulate cannot aswer?

Does this mean reentry to Thailand and new visa

On arrival only not possible when I re enter from another asian country?

But not if I would visit my home country and come back within one month?

Or no clear rules for this question ?

It is not a visa on arrival it is a visa exempt entry.

There is no limit on the number of entries you can do nor the amount of time you can spend on them.

The only restriction is doing a out/in visa run after staying the entire 30 days and going out and immediately returning to get another entry.

There is no limit on the number of entries you can do nor the amount of time you can spend on them.

The only restriction is doing a out/in visa run after staying the entire 30 days and going out and immediately returning to get another entry.

So in theory you mean that I can enter on a excempt entry, stay for, lets say 18 days.... go out, come back directly get another 30 day excempt entry, stay in Thailand for another 27 days and so on.... and make this thing all year round....

As long as I do not stay the full period of 30 days, that is OK.

Just asking in order to understand and know about this!!

Glegolo

So in theory you mean that I can enter on a excempt entry, stay for, lets say 18 days.... go out, come back directly get another 30 day excempt entry, stay in Thailand for another 27 days and so on.... and make this thing all year round....

Glegolo

"go out, come back directly get another 30 day "

It depends on what you "come back directly."

If you repeatedly cross a border, turn around and come back in immediately, that will be considered back-to-back visa exempt entries and has its limits.

You might check this thread with a similar question to yours: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/797440-us-citizen-wanting-to-live-in-thailand/?utm_source=newsletter-20150204-1525&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

If you mean you stay in Thailand for 18 days and stay out for a week or whatever and come back again. That will probably not raise red flags, although you should be prepared to answer some questions on the reason for repeatedly going in and out after you accumulate numerous visa exempt entries. In particular they might want some proof that your source of funds is not from employment or a business in Thailand.

If you are not from one of the G7 countries, your visa exempt entry at a land border would be for 15 days, not 30. You would still get 30 days entering by air. You can also get a 30 days extension at immigrations for each entry, but again there would be questions asked if that were done repeatedly

Edited by Suradit69

What happen on land way when Aistria is not g7 country? My sister want come visit me 2 month can she reennter on land way cambodia or Burma or where ever sleeping one night there , and on next day come back without buying a tourist visa for 2 month!?

From that I interpreted here now what I read it should be possible!

What happen on land way when Aistria is not g7 country? My sister want come visit me 2 month can she reennter on land way cambodia or Burma or where ever sleeping one night there , and on next day come back without buying a tourist visa for 2 month!?

From that I interpreted here now what I read it should be possible!

The best would be that she gets a tourist visa before arriving. It only cost 25 eur, less than travel and visa to another country, and without all the related discomfort.

I have three answers:

1. Immigration officers at Swampy have assured me twice that this is ok.

2. Immigration officers at Don Muang have told me it is not ok and they will refuse entry next time.

3. Knowledgeable posters on this forum have told me that no one had posted information that they have been refused entry for this reason.

Go figure!

Glegolo

I think I have a legitim question here, Plse Suradit69 dont make a mess of my questions... you got it all wrong.... So Ubonjoe

can you help me with an answer??

Glegolo

I am writing because I have never seen this particular information posted and hope that it might be of use to others

Have lived in and around Asia for most of my life, I currently spend a little more than half my time in Cambodia and the rest in Thailand. This has been going on now for several years.

Normally I arriveThailand by plane (Dawn Mueang) and enter on a visa exempt status (American citizen, retired) for a 2-3 week stay. For Cambodia I have an easily arranged one-year stay visa

My current passport is about two years old with some 15 odd visa exempt stamps in it. Frankly, I have no idea exactly how many over what time period and am disinclined to count them. Thailand immigration also doesnt have a clue, short of counting them one by one ...

Accordingly, I have done my best to track the ever-changing visa rules given how they might affect my plans. My main source of information has been TV postings

Last December, while I was marooned in a long immigration queue, I noticed a portly lady with a cheery smile in Immigation uniform canvassing passengers as they stood in line. Her second question was always: Do you speak Thai? After a rudimentary passport check, she would move on. I made it to the Immigration counter before she caught up with me.

My passport inspection was over in a flash, and she was called over to assist. I was invited to follow her back to the office. She was very friendly and polite. I answered positively to her second question, but chose to ignore her third (Do you love Thailand?)

I was categorically advised the following by the lady and her rather surly male colleague:

1. that one is allowed a maximum of six visa exempt entries per year (calendar or other not specified)

2. that one is allowed to be in Thailand without visa a maximum otal of 180 days in any one year (again calendar or other not specified)

I politely protested about the constant visa rule changes, making it very difficult to know in confidence what one's status would be. Her surly cohort muttered something about "quality tourist" (he apparently spoke no other English than these two words!) and asked me why I did not just get a tourist visa. I replied because it was inconvenient, unnecessary, and cost me money. He also advised me that existing regulations had been in place already for some months and been well publicized before that. I suggested that if true, then why were so many legitimate visitors not sure of which rules applied to them. I also noted that Thailand needed to be careful in its quest for more quality tourists lest existing ones end up being alientated. He clearly did not appreciate this comment.

As I headed for the door I returned the lady's smile with a grin of my own, adding "Rag Thai khrab." She was visibly pleased

To my surprise my next arrival at DM went off without a hitch. My passport was perused and stamp applied without a word being spoken

I was prepared to argue that whatever the rules now were, they could not be made retroactive so the entry # and day count should start when the rules went into effect, not Jan. 1, etc. Happily, an argument for another day

Practically speaking, without knowing whether a calendar year or any 12-month period is involved, it is still fairly unclear how to live within the limits of what was described above as clear regulations...

One last comment: when I have checked into my AirAsia flight, I always smile as I assume that when AirAsia passengers are actually refused entry into Thailand, AirAsia will be obligated to repatriate them on a gratis basis. T4 after that starts in earnest, check in will surely involve a very careful passport check. Airlines are adverse to carrying NRP's (Non-Revenue Passengers)

Not a good time for bad news, but how could they be any surer than we are??

I am writing because I have never seen this particular information posted and hope that it might be of use to others

Have lived in and around Asia for most of my life, I currently spend a little more than half my time in Cambodia and the rest in Thailand. This has been going on now for several years.

Normally I arriveThailand by plane (Dawn Mueang) and enter on a visa exempt status (American citizen, retired) for a 2-3 week stay. For Cambodia I have an easily arranged one-year stay visa

My current passport is about two years old with some 15 odd visa exempt stamps in it. Frankly, I have no idea exactly how many over what time period and am disinclined to count them. Thailand immigration also doesnt have a clue, short of counting them one by one ...

Accordingly, I have done my best to track the ever-changing visa rules given how they might affect my plans. My main source of information has been TV postings

Last December, while I was marooned in a long immigration queue, I noticed a portly lady with a cheery smile in Immigation uniform canvassing passengers as they stood in line. Her second question was always: Do you speak Thai? After a rudimentary passport check, she would move on. I made it to the Immigration counter before she caught up with me.

My passport inspection was over in a flash, and she was called over to assist. I was invited to follow her back to the office. She was very friendly and polite. I answered positively to her second question, but chose to ignore her third (Do you love Thailand?)

I was categorically advised the following by the lady and her rather surly male colleague:

1. that one is allowed a maximum of six visa exempt entries per year (calendar or other not specified)

2. that one is allowed to be in Thailand without visa a maximum otal of 180 days in any one year (again calendar or other not specified)

I politely protested about the constant visa rule changes, making it very difficult to know in confidence what one's status would be. Her surly cohort muttered something about "quality tourist" (he apparently spoke no other English than these two words!) and asked me why I did not just get a tourist visa. I replied because it was inconvenient, unnecessary, and cost me money. He also advised me that existing regulations had been in place already for some months and been well publicized before that. I suggested that if true, then why were so many legitimate visitors not sure of which rules applied to them. I also noted that Thailand needed to be careful in its quest for more quality tourists lest existing ones end up being alientated. He clearly did not appreciate this comment.

As I headed for the door I returned the lady's smile with a grin of my own, adding "Rag Thai khrab." She was visibly pleased

To my surprise my next arrival at DM went off without a hitch. My passport was perused and stamp applied without a word being spoken

I was prepared to argue that whatever the rules now were, they could not be made retroactive so the entry # and day count should start when the rules went into effect, not Jan. 1, etc. Happily, an argument for another day

Practically speaking, without knowing whether a calendar year or any 12-month period is involved, it is still fairly unclear how to live within the limits of what was described above as clear regulations...

One last comment: when I have checked into my AirAsia flight, I always smile as I assume that when AirAsia passengers are actually refused entry into Thailand, AirAsia will be obligated to repatriate them on a gratis basis. T4 after that starts in earnest, check in will surely involve a very careful passport check. Airlines are adverse to carrying NRP's (Non-Revenue Passengers)

Your "portly lady with a cheery smile" sounds like exactly the same immigration officer that warned me that I would not be able to enter again for the life of my passport unless I got a visa.

Have avoided Air Asia and Don Muang ever since.

I have been working in Malaysia for 4 years on a 4/1 roster so I enter on a "visa exempt 30 day entry" approx 9/10 times a year through Suvarnabhumi and never any problem.

Took the visiting family to Angkor Wat for a couple of days last week and on returning through Poipet was denied entry based on the max 6 times as noted above in Beau Curts post.

Showed my departure ticket and THB 20,000 cash and was allowed through.

Is this 6 x entry a new law, a law only applicable to land borders or something just made up by the immigration officer ?

Cheers,

BB

There is no rule that limits the number of entries or the amount of time spent on exempt entries.

It seems it may be meant to a point where they will question you and can ask for financial proof and etc. If you cannot meet the financial proof requirement they can deny entry for that under section 12 of the immigration act. For a visa exempt entry it is 10k baht.

There is no rule that limits the number of entries or the amount of time spent on exempt entries.

It seems it may be meant to a point where they will question you and can ask for financial proof and etc. If you cannot meet the financial proof requirement they can deny entry for that under section 12 of the immigration act. For a visa exempt entry it is 10k baht.

But interesting that we now have an example of someone actually denied entry under this non-existent rule. Assume if he didn't have ticket and money they would not have relented

I am reading this as now mandatory to have ticket and money for peace of mind.

But interesting that we now have an example of someone actually denied entry under this non-existent rule. Assume if he didn't have ticket and money they would not have relented

He was not denied entry.

He was questioned and was able to show financial proof and was then allowed to enter the country. Financial proof is required for any type of entry.

He was not denied entry.

He was questioned and was able to show financial proof and was then allowed to enter the country. Financial proof is required for any type of entry.

Been coming and going for 25 years on visa exempt entries until last Nov when I was told I would be "denied entry" next time I tried to enter Thailand without a visa and this would continue for the life of my passport.

Are you saying when a Thai immigration officers says no they really mean yes?

Edited by mngmn

He was not denied entry.

Been coming and going for 25 years on visa exempt entries until last Nov when I was told I would be "denied entry" next time I tried to enter Thailand without a visa and this would continue for the life of my passport.

I am saying the immigration officer was wrong. The only basis for denial of entry is under section 12 of the migration act. There is no mention of visa exempt entries in it. The most common reason for denial is lack of financial proof and suspicion of working here illegally.

Download Immigration Act B.E. 2522 English translation

]He was not denied entry.

I am saying the immigration officer was wrong. The only basis for denial of entry is under section 12 of the migration act. There is no mention of visa exempt entries in it. The most common reason for denial is lack of financial proof and suspicion of working here illegally.

But readers of this forum who are not familiar with Thailand need to be aware that laws are often ignored or enforced in an arbitrary manner in Thailand.

Make sure you always have the money the ticket and respond to a threat to deny entry by showing these.

Edited by ubonjoe
snipped excess quotes only 4 can be done

He was not denied entry.

But readers of this forum who are not familiar with Thailand need to be aware that laws are often ignored or enforced in an arbitrary manner in Thailand.

Make sure you always have the money the ticket and respond to a threat to deny entry by showing these.

And what happens if they accuse you of working ? A bit more problematic to prove your not wink.png

Edited by ubonjoe
snipped excess quotes only 4 can be done

Proof of funds from outside the country would be needed to prove you are not working here.

I took Ubonjoe's good advice and (very easily) opened a Bangkok Bank account. I now transfer funds from overseas into that account on regular basis. Will use it to prove that I don't need to work here. Will probably also carry a US$1000 bill all the time to show I have sufficient funds. At least until the next "change".

My issue with insisting that immigration officers are wrong is that someone not familiar with Thailand will end up in a full on argument with an immigration officer to their extreme detriment. In my experience the satisfaction of proving a Thai wrong is very, very short lived.

For many law abiding people, being aggressively told that they will be denied entry into a country by a uniformed immigration official is a very worrying experience. All the more so if it is something that you have been doing for years, with the understanding that it was quite acceptable. Most of the questions on this forums now seem to be in regard to some random "change" to an existing rule or a "new" rule that has just been introduced.

I think it is wise to accept that there is now very little certainty for anyone wanting to live here or travel here on a regular basis. Best to have a contingency plan!