Thai herbal treatment of prostate

Mekong Bob

Interested in learning from experiences of local men who are treating prostate condition with Thai herbal remedies.

Which herbs?

น้ำใบย่านาง (nam bai ya nang) Ya Nang leaf

น้ำข้าว (nam khao) boiled rice water

ต้มใบทุเรยนน้ำ (bai thurian nam) Durian leaf

ใบผักคาวตอง (bai phak khao tong) Khao Tong leaf

If you know the herb / veggie / flower / fruit by another name (e.g. Kam Mueang), please spell in Thai and I can validate.

Thanks!

none of those herbs will do anything for you. what you need to do is visit your pharmacist and order Alfuzosin XL 10 mg., manufactured by Sanofi Aventis. works like a charm for issues related to enlarged prostate.

boiled rice water???? durian leaf??? come on...

Edited by Oscar2

none of those herbs will do anything for you. what you need to do is visit your pharmacist and order Alfuzosin XL 10 mg., manufactured by Sanofi Aventis. works like a charm for issues related to enlarged prostate.

boiled rice water???? durian leaf??? come on...

And what exactly are the charms that this medicine does,

as my father has PC and im in the age bracket and a bit nervous....sad.png

If it is indeed prostate cancer, I think there are at least three main types of treatment and they all work very well. You can remove it, radiate it, or freeze it. I'm not a doctor so please consult with your own. These treatments, however, are highly successful.

If a cancer then needless to say best avoiding doctors and the Big Pharma cancer scams. Seems the survival rate of chemo is actually lower than doing nothing. Because someone occasionally survives it is not an endorsement.

As to prostate there is a US economic blogger called Mish that dealt with and cured his prostate naturally, search his site if interested. Likewise there is plenty of other info out there, cancer tutor, MMS etc.

The Thai herbs could indeed be interesting if enough info out there.

I have a friend who recently treated PSA 8+ with these Thai herbs, mixed in a witch's brew. I was extremely skeptical. After 1 month of drinking this concoction, je was tested at PSA 0.04. I have no idea if the cancer cells in his prostate are still active - he's going to have another biopsy this month.

The PSA score has apparently dropped to zero, but that doesn't mean the cancer is gone. What does it all mean?

Go figure.

I have no idea about Thai remedies - probably the usual Thai Grandma concoctions - may as well drink a glass of water.

Personally I use Saw Palmetto available through www.puritan.com ... For me, never a problem since i started taking it regularly. Just Google Saw Palmetto and you can read the research for yourself.

They deliver to Thailand at a fraction of the cost of what I would pay in Australia. but that's just for a simple enlarged prostate - cancer is another ballgame completely.

• Like 2

Here's one more I left out:

น้ำทับทิมน (nam thap-thim) pomegranate juice

probably the most successful remedy to induce gout that there is.

induce gout - really? never heard that before. I was aware of shellfish, beer, organ meats, etc. that brought on gout flares.

I have suffered from gout until elevated uric acid levels until six months ago. Tried alkaline water (Rimping has Iceland Spring water. ph 8.8%.) Drink 2-3 liters per day. No flares in six months.

I have no idea about Thai remedies - probably the usual Thai Grandma concoctions - may as well drink a glass of water.

Personally I use Saw Palmetto available through www.puritan.com ... For me, never a problem since i started taking it regularly. Just Google Saw Palmetto and you can read the research for yourself.

They deliver to Thailand at a fraction of the cost of what I would pay in Australia. but that's just for a simple enlarged prostate - cancer is another ballgame completely.

what do you mean "no problem"? Did you ever have high PSA in your blood tests? Ever have a biopsy? Please explain how these two measurements have been effected by the Saw Palmetto.

• Like 1

If a cancer then needless to say best avoiding doctors and the Big Pharma cancer scams. Seems the survival rate of chemo is actually lower than doing nothing. Because someone occasionally survives it is not an endorsement.

As to prostate there is a US economic blogger called Mish that dealt with and cured his prostate naturally, search his site if interested. Likewise there is plenty of other info out there, cancer tutor, MMS etc.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

All you have to do is read everything that is out there on the web and consult and many doctors as you want.

• Like 1

Try reading these studies before the continual slating of Herb Usage:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25165780

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23642948

In my friend's situation, no Benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) but rather elevated PSA levels and a biopsy which determined cancer cells in prostate and high Gleason scores.

He tried this herbal remedy. PSA dropped from 8 to zero in a month. Scheduled for another biopsy this month. Immediate question is if the herbals somehow "de-activated" the malignant cells, or simply shut down the Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) production. PSA is a substance produced by the prostate gland.

• Like 1

I'm always open minded about herbal remedies as I think some of them really do work. But as far as the herbal remedies for prostate issues are concerned, I don't think any of them work. There have been many studies done on Saw Palmetto and all concluded that it does little, if anything, more than placebo. I've experimented and taken very high does and it does absolutely nothing. I've also taken pumpkin seed oil in high doses as well as supplements of Licopene and Zinc and never noticed the slightest bit of relief. I haven't tried Pygeum Bark extract as I've only heard of it recently. I also take a medicine like the one recommended above - possibly the same one, and it works great.

As far as the boiled rice water, etc. "deactivating cancer cells" I have my doubts on that. The whole PSA thing is an imperfect science anyway. Some men have very high PSA levels but never get prostate cancer and that some men have a much higher "baseline" than what the PSA score says in high - I think 4.0 ng/mL. Also other conditions like BPH affect the PSA level.

In my friend's situation, no Benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) but rather elevated PSA levels and a biopsy which determined cancer cells in prostate and high Gleason scores.

He tried this herbal remedy. PSA dropped from 8 to zero in a month. Scheduled for another biopsy this month. Immediate question is if the herbals somehow "de-activated" the malignant cells, or simply shut down the Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) production. PSA is a substance produced by the prostate gland.

Quote: "elevated PSA levels and a biopsy which determined cancer cells in prostate and high Gleason scores".

That would be the worrying thing for me because as a few folk have said, PSA scores can vary, however cancer cells being present and a high Gleason score is pretty conclusive. The Gleason score will be used to "measure" just how far the cancer is advanced/spread.

Having said that, if it is in its early stages, then there are some effective treatments out there and this website details a few of them; http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-treating-radiation-therapy

If it were me in this situation, and I would not be considering any herbal treatments or remedies, however would be seeking the best treatment available as practised by registered medical facilities.

These days treatments have come a long way and now for example, there is a computerised machine called "da Vinci" which allows surgeons to remove the prostate without damaging surrounding nerves and tissue, which was the major issue for prostate removal a few years ago, resulting in incontinence and erection problems. It may be available here in Thailand, if not it will surely be available in many first world countries.

Also the use of hormones in conjunction with other therapies is proving very successful.

I wish your friend good luck with his fight against this.

• Like 1

Mekong Bob,

"If you know the herb / veggie / flower / fruit by another name (e.g. Kam Mueang), please spell in Thai and I can validate."

Do you mean you would validate the herb's usefullness?

I can try to determine precise spelling in Thai and English, scientific name, common names, photo, etc.

Sorry for confusion

Quote: "elevated PSA levels and a biopsy which determined cancer cells in prostate and high Gleason scores".

That would be the worrying thing for me because as a few folk have said, PSA scores can vary, however cancer cells being present and a high Gleason score is pretty conclusive. The Gleason score will be used to "measure" just how far the cancer is advanced/spread.

Having said that, if it is in its early stages, then there are some effective treatments out there and this website details a few of them; http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-treating-radiation-therapy

If it were me in this situation, and I would not be considering any herbal treatments or remedies, however would be seeking the best treatment available as practised by registered medical facilities.

These days treatments have come a long way and now for example, there is a computerised machine called "da Vinci" which allows surgeons to remove the prostate without damaging surrounding nerves and tissue, which was the major issue for prostate removal a few years ago, resulting in incontinence and erection problems. It may be available here in Thailand, if not it will surely be available in many first world countries.

Also the use of hormones in conjunction with other therapies is proving very successful.

Thank you xylophone.

My friend is about to begin radiation treatment for his prostate cancer. I am interested in his recent experience with Thai herbal remedies, PSA, and effect on the existing cancer cells. Some Thai friends suggest that the herbal remedy may have halted the PSA production and rendered the malignant cells inactive. A biopsy might answer that matter/ I remain skeptical.

I had a radical prostatectomy a couple of years ago. daVinci robotic procedure. highly recommended. now available in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

• Like 1

Thank you xylophone.

My friend is about to begin radiation treatment for his prostate cancer. I am interested in his recent experience with Thai herbal remedies, PSA, and effect on the existing cancer cells. Some Thai friends suggest that the herbal remedy may have halted the PSA production and rendered the malignant cells inactive. A biopsy might answer that matter/ I remain skeptical.

I had a radical prostatectomy a couple of years ago. daVinci robotic procedure. highly recommended. now available in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

Good to hear your recommendation of the "da Vinci" procedure, as I almost went down that route a few years ago, however It turned out that a TURP was sufficient in my case.

As for your question regarding the herbal remedy halting the PSA production and rendering the malignant cells inactive, well I don't think it works that way, however posters such as Partington may be able to explain it a lot better than me.

In simplistic terms, it (high levels) was explained to me as, "something which indicates that the prostate could be under attack".

I think the PSA is a result of this, rather than the cause so I don't think halting the production of PSA, if indeed a herbal remedy could do this, would make any difference.

Again I am not an expert on this however I did suffer from nonbacterial prostatitis for over 25 years (a bastard of a condition which can drive you mad) and did a huge amount of reading on the prostate in order to understand what was going on.

Unfortunately even today, the medical profession really has no answer for non-bacterial prostatitis, so I was on doses of doxycycline for that long period of time (on and off) and although that gave relief, no cure. I could never understand why an antibiotic would help, however apparently this antibiotic has certain anti-inflammatory properties as well as antibacterial, so together they helped.

In fact the only cure was the TURP, and for that I am grateful.

Again, I hope you get good news regarding your friends condition.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

All you have to do is read everything that is out there on the web and consult and many doctors as you want.

Thanks for your opinion Julie, however the web has both useful and useless information.

Trusting a doctor is signing on with Big Pharmas' approach of toxic drugs, if that is someone's choice than fair enough but it certainly wouldn't be mine.

Like you I am only offering an opinion but at least I also provided a case study and you can confirm that the survival rate doing nothing is actually higher than chemo.

I can't confirm that the survival rate is higher than with chemo. Such "proof" would be very hard to come by. Feel free to provide a link it you can.

I for one would leave the prostate intact but freeze it, thus destroying it and the cancer. This is a fairly new approach but results are promising.

Statistics often show how many men die with prostate cancer which, of course, is not the same thing as death from prostate cancer. It tends to be a slow- growing cancer and slow to spread.

Some stats show that 2/3rds of very elderly men have prostate cancer when they died, but that was not their cause of death.

The psa test is the indicator for prostate cancer but it is less than perfect. Some men with normal psa levels have prostate cancer, and 75% of men with high psa levels do not.

These are some of the reasons men do not queue up for invasive treatments.

As tests improve, and as treatments become less invasive, I guess more men will sign on for tests and treatments.

But personally I would not put much faith in herbs attacking and curing cancer, but I have been wrong before.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend who recently treated PSA 8+ with these Thai herbs, mixed in a witch's brew. I was extremely skeptical. After 1 month of drinking this concoction, je was tested at PSA 0.04. I have no idea if the cancer cells in his prostate are still active - he's going to have another biopsy this month.

The PSA score has apparently dropped to zero, but that doesn't mean the cancer is gone. What does it all mean?

Go figure.

Just curious: where did your friend obtain the witch's brew?