USPS priority service to Thailand questions

sup3r1or

Hello everyone.

Someone i know from US got me a fitness tracker and sent it here by usps priority service. Now the parcel has been in transit for about a week. It arrived to bangkok 4 days ago but it keeps saying its being cleared by customs. Its been 3 days with no changes on tracking page. Nobody contacted me and obviously sender in the us. I was hoping to avoid import tax but who knows. Should i keep waiting or is there a way to contact them?

Here is the latest tracking info

February 3, 2015 , 11:12 am

Customs Clearance

THAILAND

Your item is being processed by customs in THAILAND at 11:12 am on February 3, 2015.

February 3, 2015 , 10:03 am

Processed Through Sort Facility .

THAILAND

February 2, 2015 , 11:57 pm

Departed .

Bangkok, THAILAND

February 2, 2015 , 6:19 pm

Departed .

Tokyo, JAPAN

February 1, 2015 , 2:16 pm

Departed .

Tokyo, JAPAN

January 31, 2015 , 5:57 pm

Departed .

New York, UNITED STATES

January 31, 2015 , 11:53 am

Arrived .

New York, UNITED STATES

January 31, 2015 , 7:34 am

Processed Through Sort Facility .

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

I have had several packages sent to me from the US by USPS Priority Mail and they usually take about seven days or less. They have never spent more than just a few hours in Customs, though.

Once it gets to Thailand, you can also track it on the Thai Postal tracking site:

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx?lang=en

Quite often, the information is slightly different to what is shown on the USPS tracking site. You may get another perspective on what happened to your package.

Give it a few more days. I receive shipments via USPS priority mail 4-5 times a year and never have problems. Customs or duty is rarely imposed, either. Much better than DHL/FedEx/UPS which seems to go thru a different customs system and duty is ALWAYS imposed.

Give it a few more days. I receive shipments via USPS priority mail 4-5 times a year and never have problems. Customs or duty is rarely imposed, either. Much better than DHL/FedEx/UPS which seems to go thru a different customs system and duty is ALWAYS imposed.

Courriers do not go through a different system, they apply tax on behalf of customs AUTOMATICALLY, and this is the only reason why they are allowed to operate...

I have had several packages sent that tracking just mentioned "out for delivery" for several days. In each case, the package was at the post office waiting for additional fees. Evidently the post office does not send you any notification they are holding your package, unless it is being held at the airport customs office. Take your tracking number to the post office and they will be able to let you know if your package is being held or not. You won't find out through the tracking number. At least this is my experience.

I have received notices in the mail box for US Priority mail arrival.....Customs - I've had it take up to 30 days for US Priority mail packages to reach me with or without customs interference.....CM - maybe BKK is quicker.....

Here in BKK, for USPS Priority packages, we have a regional post office branch that handles package deliveries, which is different than our local mail delivery branch.

Generally, packages under a value of $30 or so should come thru without getting taxed/dutied. But if the authorities decide to tax/duty the package, then that usually extends/delays the delivery time by an extra 3-5 days...

And eventually, if taxed, instead of delivering the package directly as normal, the mailman instead delivers a notice to our home saying we need to go and pay the listed tax/duty at the package branch in order to obtain our parcel.