Thai / US friction all part of a plan?

willyumiii

Those who took power in Thailand must have been aware that the USA could never support a military government that was not elected by popular vote.

I think everyone knows that.

They knew and know that they would lose all US support both financially and militarily if they fail to hold elections.

They must have anticipated what is happening now .

The new government "cuddling " with China and North Korea just emphasizes their lack of concern about failed relations with the USA.

I think they know that Thailand has nothing to offer the US financially or militarily that the US can not get in friendlier, more cooperative countries who do elect their own governments.

I hope the US government still cares about their citizens who reside in Thailand, but there is really nothing else in Thailand for the US to worry about losing.

I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.

I think the writing's on the wall.

• Like 1

Policy In General Regarding Thailand Election/Political Discussions
As a result of the great increase in posts about politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the Thailand News Forum.
Non-political topics in General which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

And let's not forget NO discussion of the Monarchy in a political context. An immediate ban is possible.

Link to forum rules regarding the Monarchy: Here

Thanks for your understanding and participation on Thaivisa.

Thaivisa moderating team

Closed