I'm looking for peat moss in Chiang Mai.

circusman

Yesterday I bought a bag of peat moss, along with perlite and bat guano, at Kam Tieng, from a small shop that stocks interesting organic soil amendments. In the past I've also bought volcanic rock, fertiliser, etc from the friendly couple that runs this shop. Here are 2 Google maps. I know exactly where the lesser shop is, but am unsure of the exact spot of the really good shop, so you might need to scout around a bit.

Lesser: http://goo.gl/maps/69u1m

Better: http://goo.gl/maps/kAtXC - Somewhere within a couple of lanes around here, parallel to an aquarium lane.

But no shop I found currently has worm castings. Does anyone have a goid source? The more the better.

there are small bags 5 liter I think, in Big C Hang Dong gardening supplies, nice stuff

Does it say peat moss on the bags I wonder ?

Yes, the green bags right on the shelf say Peat Moss. In the directions on the bag they direct the buyer to mix with first a measured amount of water then 1/3 vermiculite before use. You get the vermiculite at the flower market as many have said. I looked all over to finally find peat moss at Big C. I never found good peat moss at the FM but I could have missed it. Just go to Big C.

jj market has everything. What you want is the imported stuff from germany. Theres only one shop there that has all this. Bat guano peat moss etC but the german mix is the best 600 baht for 20kg. First shop on your right just after the fish place. dont buy no soils from big c and if you mix ur own youll have to wait weeks for it to cool down before u can use it. Buy the grrman mix trust me!

jj market has everything. What you want is the imported stuff from germany. Theres only one shop there that has all this. Bat guano peat moss etC but the german mix is the best 600 baht for 20kg. First shop on your right just after the fish place. dont buy no soils from big c and if you mix ur own youll have to wait weeks for it to cool down before u can use it. Buy the grrman mix trust me!

thanks for your input but I will not pay for imported goods. Why would you say don't buy from Big C ?

thanks for your input but I will not pay for imported goods. Why would you say don't buy from Big C ?

You might not want to pay for imported goods but, if you don't, you might not be able to buy the product:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphagnum